Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Re: Nerfing!! and Why It's Bad.

Oct 26, 2012

FroZiiiN wrote:

Ok So I know that some characters might seem a little overpowered at first but is it a mistake to nerf so soon? Will SuperBot listen to all this feedback seriously before the game has even been out long enough for any character/metagame development. Will the same thing happen to this game that happened to Mortal Kombat?

Mortal Kombat has an excellent roster or...had. The game was doing well and got competitive but Nether Realm listened to too many of the wrong people too early. A lot of the more popular characters were called overpowered again and again and received decent nerfs while some of the less popular characters received buffs. Unfortunately they did this before even close to all of the characters were at all explored. It turns out that some of the more popular explored characters were only better because they were more explored. All the characters that were once unexplored started being explored and someone like Jax received incredible buffs where someone like Raiden received nerfs that dropped his chances of ever being competitive again. This is only 1 example of the characters that got nerfed far too hard and without good reason. Now the metagame is a joke. You either use a certain few characters and the rest are basically not competitive.

I'm not saying someone like Kratos isn't really good but seriously the game hasnt even come out yet and what if now he can't compete with the rest of the cast? What if the more unexplored characters even in the beta are better than him. I honestly think he's only good because hes the easiest to figure out/be effective with. Once everyone explores their character which have a lot more diversity than Kratos I feel he won't be as tough. Why nerf him until we know this?

Alas, there is a gem in the pile of crap that is complainers...kudos to you, good sir.

photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 11 of 108 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Why thank you fine gentlemen!!!
PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 12 of 108 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 26, 2012
What's the problem with nerfing if it helps balance the characters. From the beta I can tell u nobody needs to be touched. They are all balanced, yes even kratos.

I don't have a problem with the MK roster besides kung Lao, and some good kabal players.

I understand raiden though lol, I don't see too many good players with him
Message 13 of 108 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

The problem isn't with nerfing it's with the timing of nerfing. Why nerf a character when none of the characters not even the one being nerfed has been explored to it's fullest potential. Give the game a few months of release before even touching it IMO. And ya you jst listed the 2 characters that you see at the end of every tournament mostly. Raiden got nerfed from s to A- (non competitive)

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 14 of 108 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1066 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Just leave superbot be guys. Superbot is trying their best to balance out these character before the game is released so there wont be a fuss over it on day one.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 15 of 108 (163 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

There's going to be fuss and there will always be fuss dude seriously? That's the thing companies don;t understand there will always be complainers with halfway decent sounding arguements even tho they know nothing but end up getting a character nerfed due to popularity and then look what it becomes....bad

Message 16 of 108 (157 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1066 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Well all im saying is, the quicker they nerf characetrs like Kratos the better, That way they can go on to fixing more important things.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 17 of 108 (150 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 26, 2012
My bad I thought u said nerfing in general. I just re-read it. Yea I agree I hardly saw any kabal players for like the first 4 months from release until people found that dash cancel.
Message 18 of 108 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

DUDE WHY NERF KRATOS!? You clearly don;t understand. WHY NERF A CHARACTER WHEN NONE OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN EXPLORED!!! THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF HERE!!! YOU COULD END UP DESTROYING THE CHARACTERS CHANCES IN FUTURE COMPETITIVE PLAY BY DOING IT THIS EARLY AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENS IF PEOPLE PLAY THE OTHER CHARACTR MORE AND ARE LIKE OH YA KRATOS WASNT THAT GOOD AHHHHH!!!!!!

Message 19 of 108 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Bardonic wrote:

Well all im saying is, the quicker they nerf characetrs like Kratos the better, That way they can go on to fixing more important things.

kratos is fine he doesnt need a nerf

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 20 of 108 (134 Views)
0 Likes