Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Nerf Idea: When an a player blows up Drakes barrel...

Feb 8, 2013
epifanio_d no you understood it perfectly that's exactly what in saying if the explosion hits both of them Drake gets the full 30ap he would and they get like 15ap I think that's more than fair why should the opponent benefit more from his move still technically hitting them than he does? That makes no sense. Also I don't think this was brought up but if they just blow it up and it doesn't hit him they should get nothing. To me none of this is even necessary and I hope it doesn't get nerfed as I just don't think it's op at all people are just dramatic about the whole subject.
Message 11 of 27 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Feb 8, 2013
I think if you blow up the barrel and its bear you it should be your points only like when Sackboy bounces it back but I see where your coming from. I think the opposing player should get the full AP(20) if they blow it up and Drake get the halved AP though.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 12 of 27 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Feb 8, 2013
I just don't see how is fair that Drakes move or any other character that has a similar move for that matter that the move becomes more beneficial to the opponent over there own move does to them, I just think that's wrong and adds a huge risk factor that will make that move work against you more than help you which is pointless.
Message 13 of 27 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Feb 8, 2013
So it's now just a discussion of whose barrel is becomes on explosion. As things are now, It's always Drake's. One idea is to make it the barrel of whoever sets it off. The other is to have it explode indiscriminately.

0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Feb 8, 2013
I understand you think it will benefit other players and that's cool, but I don't think it would be a bad thing. Opposing opinions.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 15 of 27 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013
Another reason I just thought of why I don't think this idea would work is because what if Drake throws out a barrel and say Radec blows it up with another person next to it, if what your suggesting was in the game Radec would essentially get credit for the explosion on another person that's not Drake right? If so he would be getting robbed out of ap from this move constantly.
Message 16 of 27 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Feb 8, 2013
This could actually create some interesting strategy with Drake.
Message 17 of 27 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I think one of the best ways to nerf Drake's barrel is to nerf the air version, as Drake players get way more mileage from it. You mostly see Drake players hop up before using the barrel. This is because Drake drops as soon as he launches the barrel and can perform an action as soon as he lands, making it appear as if he has almost instantaneous recovery from it. I say it's best to keep Drake in the air for a short time after he kicks the barrel, maybe not as long as he takes to recover from the move on the ground, but enough to ensure that the player can't immediately follow up on it.

I could probably suggest the same for the golden gun shots for his level three. There's a reason the ground version has so much darn recovery.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 27 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Twisted, yes that's what I'm saying. If a person blows up drakes barrel in FFA and there are others around it they could get that AP to, but I think just getting the 20 AP would be better.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 19 of 27 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Yeah I'm sorry but that's just not a good or fair idea basically his barrel is up for grabs once he uses it and there are a good amount of characters who can blow it up the majority of the time he would get robbed out of ap for the explosion which would be going way to far he would almost never get ap for the explosion of his barrel how is that fair?
Message 20 of 27 (70 Views)
0 Likes