Highlighted
Feb 08 2013
By: MarcusSoul Fender Bender 3009 posts

Nerf Idea: When an a player blows up Drakes barrel...

26 replies 675 views Edited Feb 8, 2013
The damage of the explosion should affect Drake and not the player that blew up his barrel via projectile. So if Drake was to kick a barrel at Cole and Cole Nuetral Triangles the barrel while it is still relatively close to Drake, the explosion should knock Drake back and give the player who shot at the barrel AP accordingly. I think this would be a fair Nerf and deterrent against barrel spammers. I main Drake to, and this would make me think more before just kicking it out.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 1 of 27 (675 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Re: Nerf Idea: When an a player blows up Drakes barrel...

Feb 8, 2013
Humbling... very humbling indeed...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 27 (670 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Awesome idea. Kudos
Message 3 of 27 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Thanks, I was just thinking about it and it makes sense to me.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 4 of 27 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Someone bring this up to SM!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 5 of 27 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Good idea. Surprised it hasn't been brought up more often.
Message 6 of 27 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Well I guess I'll be the first to criticize but I'm not sure I like this idea simply beacause it will make Drakes barrel what Mr. Zurkon is to Ratchet almost pointless to use and benefits your opponent(s) more than you. Maybe if they make it so that if a player blows it up near drake it hits him and they get half the ap and he gets the full amount he would if there hit, but even then I personally don't think the barrel needs to be nerfed it's not hard to avoid, has reasonable ap gain on both trip and explosion, and you can usaully avoid the explosion after the trip, and half the problem people have with it can be credited to lag online.
Message 7 of 27 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Nah, no AP for Drake if it explodes. An it wouldn't be pointless to use the barrel because its a great tool. It would just mean you would have to be more careful about how you use it. You might need to stay a better distance away from it when you do use it. It would change Drakes gameplay considerably but not in detrimental way.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 8 of 27 (580 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Feb 8, 2013
I dint know if you misread what I wrote but I mean if it explodes and both players are near it and get hit I honestly don't see how it would be fair that Drake gets punished for being hit by the explosion well the other player doesn't, and I think that kinda goes back to my comparison to Mr. Zurkon this could make the barrel easily something that has little to benefit to Drake due to the huge risk with very little reward to be gained. Overall I just not a fan of the idea, I don't see any part of Drake as op espicially the barrel it's really not that hard to avoid and you can avoid the explosion the majority of the time as I said.
Message 9 of 27 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Feb 8, 2013
I think I like where TwistedAvenger is going with it. It gives the player who destroys the barrel (and hits drake with explosion) half AP. But if the explosion got both of you. Then you both get AP. Cause I don't think it'd be fair to have Drake not get AP when you still technically got hit by the barrel. (sorry if I'm misunderstanding)
Message 10 of 27 (569 Views)
0 Likes