Fender Bender
2435 posts

Re: Neither copy nor clone

Nov 19, 2012

khailcon wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

TB-BT8645 wrote:
Really? You blame licencing issues on them? Oh you crash fans are so butt hurt.

If you're talking about sniperwolf, he's just mad 'cause they "ruined" Sir Dan.

I don't care about his backstory. Still pathetic. 

Oh, I know he is. Just telling TB that he's not mad about Crash, he's using Crash as another excuse to bash this game.

Message 11 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 19, 2012
What did they ruin? I think hes represented perfectly.
Message 12 of 18 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012

TB-BT8645 wrote:

Yes, but you are a reasonable and logical person. There-in lies your inability to see these percieved slights against characters. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 13 of 18 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2435 posts

Nov 19, 2012

TB-BT8645 wrote:

He was ranting about how they made him all slow like in his PSP remake and not his original games.

Message 14 of 18 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 19, 2012

This is honestly a very shallow and stupid argument people have been making.  Here is why it's being called a clone or copy or w/e.  There aren't many party fighters out there.  The only ones I know and can think of right away are power stone on dreamcast (so obviously that is obscure)  and small arms on XBLA, which sucked.  It's such an AMAZING genre but is pretty difficult to create.  You have to balance not only your characters BUT your levels and how they work with each character all while making the game fun to play for casuals and giving it enough depth for technical players.   That's a hefty task.  It's not just another FPS DERP I shut gunz betur than u and I can crawl shoot bro.  It takes a lot of time to design this type of game.  If there was a huge amount of the genre then this conversation wouldn't exist.  You don't go on every fps forum and see them being called copies so much.  Why? because there are tons of them.  This game is fun and uses different mechanics than super smash.  It looks like it will be a lot harder to dominate as a player from what I see since it doesn't work off a life system.  At it's core it is a party fighter but the layers are different from smash which is what gives it identity, just like any other game/genre.

BuchNasty Trophy Card
Message 15 of 18 (43 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012

BuchNasty wrote:

This is honestly a very shallow and stupid argument people have been making.  Here is why it's being called a clone or copy or w/e.  There aren't many party fighters out there.  The only ones I know and can think of right away are power stone on dreamcast (so obviously that is obscure)  and small arms on XBLA, which sucked.  It's such an AMAZING genre but is pretty difficult to create.  You have to balance not only your characters BUT your levels and how they work with each character all while making the game fun to play for casuals and giving it enough depth for technical players.   That's a hefty task.  It's not just another FPS DERP I shut gunz betur than u and I can crawl shoot bro.  It takes a lot of time to design this type of game.  If there was a huge amount of the genre then this conversation wouldn't exist.  You don't go on every fps forum and see them being called copies so much.  Why? because there are tons of them.  This game is fun and uses different mechanics than super smash.  It looks like it will be a lot harder to dominate as a player from what I see since it doesn't work off a life system.  At it's core it is a party fighter but the layers are different from smash which is what gives it identity, just like any other game/genre.

Kudus for brains. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 16 of 18 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 19, 2012
onimusha blade warriors and digimon rumble arena are some other brawlers.
Message 17 of 18 (32 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Nov 19, 2012

DoctorBLAZE11 wrote:
PSASBR isn't a copy nor a clone. I copy & paste words, burn the exact music onto a computer. A copy would be SSB=SSB. A clone is based off the same blueprint with a mind of its own. Melee to Brawl.
PSASBR is an Innovation based off fighting games.
Try to prove me wrong, name the things PSASBR copied from SSB and ONLY SSB and that no other game has.

DoctorBLAZE11 wrote:
Yeah shut you up.
__________-

Why u Said shut to yourself ? Smiley Tongue

0 Likes