Dec 16 2012
By: ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 Uncharted Territory 1735 posts

Need more controllers for local play?

8 replies 224 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

But don't want to pay out the **bleep** for 1st party PS3 controllers, get these. They work great and about $17 for 2 wireless controllers that look and feel like 1st party products.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160866652873?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You will need a splitter/converter, but they are also very cheap - less than $4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260572546743?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have personally bought both of these items to play some local All-Stars, and they work like a charm. They don't lag, and the controllers feel very well made to boot. I"m just trying to help my fellow gamers save a buck to do the thing they love

Message 1 of 9 (224 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: Need more controllers for local play?

Dec 16, 2012
Sweet! I'm sure many will find this very helpful, thank you!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 2 of 9 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 16, 2012
any controllers work,
be it wired or not,
surprised me actually when i first tried...
Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 9 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Sony is also having a sale on their official DS3 controllers. I think it's like 20% off. You can find a video of their sale items on the PS Blog.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 4 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Shoot! I've been using these for a while, and I totally forgot to bring up a MASSIVE point regarging the converter. It isn't meant for the PS3 exactly. It's intended to be used on PCs. While it works on the PS3 just fine, there is one little probem though. With this particular converter, for some reason the L2 and R2 buttons don't register. PSASBR offers the ability to map your buttons any way you want, so just mapping the R2 button (Supers) to R1, and R1 (item pick up) to Select works out perfectly for me.

If you just don't think you or any of your friends can get the hang of that, or you intend to use it for other games, then you might want to spend a few dollars more on a PS3-centric PS2 controller converter. I forgot to mention that particular disclaimer, and I hope no one is going to be screwed over by that

Message 5 of 9 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

i had the same issue above ^^

Dec 16, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Shoot! I've been using these for a while, and I totally forgot to bring up a MASSIVE point regarging the converter. It isn't meant for the PS3 exactly. It's intended to be used on PCs. While it works on the PS3 just fine, there is one little probem though. With this particular converter, for some reason the L2 and R2 buttons don't register. PSASBR offers the ability to map your buttons any way you want, so just mapping the R2 button (Supers) to R1, and R1 (item pick up) to Select works out perfectly for me.

If you just don't think you or any of your friends can get the hang of that, or you intend to use it for other games, then you might want to spend a few dollars more on a PS3-centric PS2 controller converter. I forgot to mention that particular disclaimer, and I hope no one is going to be screwed over by that

Message 6 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Re: i had the same issue above ^^

Dec 16, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

And it's odd, because I used the PS2 controller in Killzone 3 and everything worked just fine. It must just be this game. Either way, my solution works out great if you still wanna save some bucks on controllers

Message 7 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Dec 16, 2012
The R2/L2 problem has nothing to do with the converter. I have the exact same blue converter thing and I use my PS2 controller all the time to play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 .. so yeah. It's definitly the game.
People are saying they have problems with their arcade sticks. Why?
It's the exact same thing. I think USB-Controller just don't work with this game..for some odd reason.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 9 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Alright then. Thanks for clarifying. If you decide to use my method for more controllers from the op, make sure remapping your buttons isn't going to bother you too much.

Like I said, R2 to R1 and R1 to Select works great

Message 9 of 9 (61 Views)
0 Likes