Dec 14 2013
By: AberaricSmash First Son 30 posts

Need advice in certain MUs

5 replies 178 views Edited Dec 14, 2013

Dante/Spike - How do I approach all the banana shenanigans?

Dante/Raiden - Just some general tips on how to deal with the character, please.

Dante/Kratos - Same as for Raiden.

Dante/FP - Same as for Kratos.

Message 1 of 6 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Re: Need advice in certain MUs

Dec 15, 2013

well, for dante/spike, stay close, don't let spike get any kind of range on you because it is very hard to get back in.

for dante/raiden you should play a little hard to get, with a lot of air neutral triangle opposite direction of raiden circle down circle. stay in the air and avoid his grabs at all costs. if you stay slightly above raiden at all times it becomes hard for raiden to attack you or do anything of consequence to dante.

for dante/kratos you need to be very elusive and unpredictable. don't use the arbiter very much as it is easily punishable by kratos' up square. try to stay grounded and grab fairly often.

for dante/FP, it is a very difficult MU. most FPs stay in the air and shorthop often, therefore they are susceptible to air forward square and a grounded double square up square combo. you can't empty cancel FP very easily due to her excellent air game. don't stay grounded and keep aloof at all times, so that FP can't confirm you or stun you with her minions.

"I will not rest until I've proven your point"
-LES
Message 2 of 6 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Dec 15, 2013
How advanced is your level of play? As in, do you know all of Dante's bnbs (Empty cancel, etc), his frame traps, and such? If so, I can tell you some ways to deal with Kray and Roids. As for FP and Spike, I don't have much experience against them but tomorrow we can do some testing and find what moves are punishable on block etc.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 3 of 6 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 15, 2013
@deadpoolquinn
If I stay in the air too much Raiden'll get an up triangle eventually, on the ground he'll get a throw at some point.. thats what I hate about that MU.

@Ilexyellowdog
I'd like to assume I'm a rather technical Dante, yes. Sounds great.
Message 4 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Dec 15, 2013
Go over to the playstation Allstars arena forum, look in the character specific section under Dante and look at Pheracus' post on the Dante-Raiden MU. It isn't actually a 5-5 MU as Raiden has a slight advantage but Raiden and Kratos are some of the most manageable of the top tiers. Some good things to know vs Raiden: the third hit of his an1 can be countered on block and he is treated as grounded allowing for a 118AP KC, au2 is punishable on whiff and block, you can super through grab resets, you can empty cancel through predicted grabs or ones from a tick throw like his n1 to grab reset (not sure bout that last one). Kratos' ad1 is punishable on block, you can counter between his second n1 and whatever attack follows, I think ad3 may be punishable on block by angel dash n1, final hit of af1 will cause a counter from Kratos to whiff and Dante can punish Kray's recovery, watch out for jump cancels and Kratos' air game and his devastating corner oki. Always put your opponent into heavy knockdown after a combo so that you can use oki/tech chase them.

N=neutral f=forward d=down u=up 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Hope this helps.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 5 of 6 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Dec 15, 2013
for spike just stay close to him but watch out for his guard break. if spike is just running away and spamming radar, just dash under him and u3 and end the combo with whatever you like (oki is always good)
Message 6 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes