Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Nathan Drake Infinite

Nov 24, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:
This is false. It is entirely random. I just did it twice with the exact same timing, and it gave me different endings. Furthermore, if you can do it without breaking, you ARE NOT DOING A COMBO. You are letting the combo break at certain points. Otherwise, the opponent would break out. I would know, I play as the characters you whine about frequently.

Exactly. Turn on Attack Display and see it for yourself in Training Mode.

Message 11 of 19 (80 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

@Dude5059 Hmm odd, pretty sure it was about timing, if not then sorry for the confusion :L

It's just you aren't taking a break since they can still be combo'd after the stun.

And whine? Who do you mean and when have I whined? I've admitted a few characters may need tweaks but never outright said "OMGZ THIS CHAR IS OP NERF!" :L

Message 12 of 19 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I'm just saying, you've cried "infinite" about characters that have stuns that combo into themselves. Those aren't viable in a real match and they can break. And they're all random.

And it is random. I started fast and got left hook the first two times, but then got uppercut. I went slow and got uppercut but then got front kick. I made sure my timing was exact.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 13 of 19 (70 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 24, 2012
It's just it's no very often I've found a character in a fighting game with rekka follow ups that weren't just at random. I was able to get an incredible amount of repeats as Good Cole and figured it was timing and it was an infinite since the AI couldn't get out. Also because Coles was a crumple state and not a stun.

Nathan's seemed more random I'll admit though, again sorry for the confusion, not often rekkas have random outcomes :L
Message 14 of 19 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I actually got a legitimate test of it too. I managed to get Cole's crumple 4 times in a row, but Raiden broke out of the combo on the 4th time BEFORE the 4th crumple. Not an infinite.
Fresh to death
Message 15 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I see well thanks for further confirmation. From the way you described it characters hit stun from attacks lessen the longer the combo goes on much like Guilty Gear or Blazblue. Still learning lots of new things on how this game works that weren't as noticeable in the beta Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 19 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Actually, not quite. Once a character takes a certain amount of "AP damage", it will literally launch the character out of the combo and give them invincibility until they recover. This mechanic WAS in the beta, by the way.
Fresh to death
Message 17 of 19 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Guess no one in the beta I foght was able to any combos longer than the Kratos square square square stuff :L That and I never found one long combos for Sweet Tooth to discover that :L
Message 18 of 19 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Silly people, there is an Anti - Infinite system in the game, infinites are impossible, if you obtain a certain amount of AP through a string of attacks (90 AP) the opponent will be knocked back in a burst and you will obtain an additional reward of AP, making infinites impossible, if you are not getting a burst, then it is 99.99% likely that what you're doing is entirely avoidable.

Message 19 of 19 (45 Views)
0 Likes