Dec 12 2012
By: RodBow15 Hekseville Citizen 286 posts

Nariko's not low/bottom tier!

38 replies 587 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

First off, i'm a huge fan of Heavenly Sword fan and I mained Nariko because of loyalism. I was one of the one's who, when this game was  first announced, said "it would be cool af if Nariko's in it". With that being said, i'll tell you all the reasons why I think Nariko's A or possibly even S tier.

1)Her lvl 1 CAN be combo'd into. I've trained in practice mode and in real online matches with friends and other "good" players. It just requires strict timing. If you aren't good at short hopping it won't work. How I know it combos in training is because it registers as a two hit combo. If you can roll out of it, it won't register as 2 hits but as 1 and 1. It also showed -130 instead of -150(the cost of her level 1)  when I pulled off the combo letting me know that the first hit connected.

2) Her mix-up game is very strong. Majority of her moves can be canceled into another attack,  roll or jump giving you a lot of possibilities for combos,  throws and her counter. Great for fools who roll out of everything or people who love smashing the counter button.

3) She has instant lvl1 combos. 5 that i've done so far and possibly more.  The fact that she can combo into her lvl1 makes her amazing in 1v1 play.

4)Her lvl3 is arguably the best in the game. You can cancel square into triangle immediately after each other. You can also use O when your timer's almost gone to get another kill but her O attack is iffy. If you're good with her it's  a guaranteed 3+ kills and if you're on a small map like ,Dojo and playing 3 stock, consider yourself dead. I've killed whole teams in 2v2 3 stock on Dojo and the resistance level.

*5)She's hot.

*Self Explanatory

All in all, I think Nariko's pretty good. If you don't believe me we can definitely play a friendly match of 1v1. Now I may not be the BEST PSABR player but i'm the best Nariko that i've played online.

Message 1 of 39 (587 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Re: Nariko's not low/bottom tier!

Dec 12, 2012
I don't believe it how do u combo into her lvl 1.
Message 2 of 39 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Add me. I can show you better than I can tell you.
Message 3 of 39 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Dec 12, 2012
She gains AP slower than the other melee chars and is more complicated but in the right hands she can be good

But only in the right hands.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 4 of 39 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

I don't believe you either. I will gladly add you so you...

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

I don't believe you either. I will gladly add you so you can prove me otherwise. I used to main her and switched to Drake. I still want to main her and maybe you can give me the incentive to go back to her :-)

my PSN is pmarc82 im going to add you now

EDIT: Done adding you. Waiting on you now :-)

Message 5 of 39 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 12, 2012

>fools who roll out of everything

I thought the general thought was that people who don't always roll away from combo starters are bad players though.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 6 of 39 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Re: I don't believe you either. I will gladly add you so you...

Dec 12, 2012
@ JayJXZ And I painstakingly made those hands mine. You have no clue how many times I lost learning Nariko but in the end it was worth it. I won't lie and say she isn't hard because she is. But I wasn't going to let that stop me from maining her. With her you have to know which stage is best for her lvl 3 and what isn't. Her lvl 3 is horrible on large stages and even some medium ones ( Like Jak's).

@pmarc82 Sure, no problem. I made one of my friends a believer earlier too! We won 9 out of our 10 online matches thanks to my lvl 1 super combo.
Message 7 of 39 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Dec 12, 2012
No. I mean like the guys that roll all the way across the map XD. The ones who think "Oh, let me roll. It's not like they can hit me!" The ones who Roll 4-5+ times to get away and come in.
Message 8 of 39 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Dec 12, 2012

pmarc82 wrote:

I don't believe you either. I will gladly add you so you can prove me otherwise. I used to main her and switched to Drake. I still want to main her and maybe you can give me the incentive to go back to her :-)

my PSN is pmarc82 im going to add you now

EDIT: Done adding you. Waiting on you now :-)

Me? I won't be able to play again for quite awhile, lol. You should fite one of these other guise tho.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 9 of 39 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Just to make sure we are on the same page here, we are talking about 1v1 right? As for 2v2 I know she shines really well. It's the 1v1 that I really struggle with her. So if you can make me a believe in 1v1 I will go back to those painful hours of training with her....and back to training that 1 frame link.

I got your party invite as I am typing this. Let's play a little later if you dont mind. Daddy duty calls hehe
Message 10 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes