Jul 18 2012
By: Derek1271996 Wastelander 797 posts

NO SEPHIROTH!!

49 replies 852 views Edited Jul 18, 2012

I've been seeing a lot of people hoping for Sephiroth to be a playable character in this game, but I think that would be rediculous.

He would be the most unbalanced character of them all, he would be able to hit people from across the stage on account of his 9ft blade, not to mention how hard he is to beat in every game he's in (especially Kingdom Hearts II....OH GOD THE HORROR)

If anything, I'd like him to be a boss of some sort. Other than that, it's a no go.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 50 (852 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Re: NO SEPHIROTH!!

Jul 18, 2012
no FF rep
A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 50 (839 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Well Kratos is practically immortal and has killed gods, but he's still balanced in well. I don't think if they had Sephiroth they'd have him be ridiculously overpowered.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 50 (839 Views)
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Jul 18, 2012
... Your reasons are stupid, just because he's a strong boss doesn't mean his character has to be OP too. They could balance him with every other chracter
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 50 (831 Views)
Wastelander
797 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Think about his weapon. And how long it is.

He could hit people from halfway across the stage, they wouldn't even be able to get close to him.

Sephiroth is probably one of the most over powered characters in any game. If they keep him powerful, people will be angry. If they balance him out and he's not as powerful, FF fans will be angry. It doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 50 (817 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Jul 18, 2012
Sephiroth is 'balanced' in that manner for those other games cause he's a [Final] Boss level character. If he's included in All-Stars, he'll be balanced for the game where he fits as a playable character.

You think Kratos would be getting his **bleep** handed to him on a regular basis by a 'Fat Princess', Drake or even a Raccoon when he's taken on Gods? They're all balanced for this particular game from their own game worlds.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 50 (814 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jul 18, 2012
Ahem..its 7ft in KH2 actually and i could see your point in him possibly being OP but if you played one 1 the three fighting games he was featured in you could see that Sephiroth can be in a fighting game w/o being OP. Btw Sephiroth in KH1&2 was the best part of the game, am i right??
- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 50 (804 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Cloud would be okay. Tidus would be cool too

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 50 (801 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Derek1271996 wrote:

Think about his weapon. And how long it is.

He could hit people from halfway across the stage, they wouldn't even be able to get close to him.

Sephiroth is probably one of the most over powered characters in any game. If they keep him powerful, people will be angry. If they balance him out and he's not as powerful, FF fans will be angry. It doesn't work.

Think about a gun.  And how far it shoots.  Someone using one could hit people from all the way across the screen, yada, yada.  Play outside of his range, same for any character.  Play to your character's strengths, stay out of your opponent's range.

Fighting games have Tiers.  If he's near the top, FF fans will have to suffice with that victory and that he's even included/playable.  It works.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 50 (796 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jul 18, 2012
He was actually very balanced in Aergis, and More So in Dissidia/Duodecim
- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 50 (793 Views)
0 Likes