Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Re: NO MORE CHARACTERS?!?!

Sep 28, 2012
He's just a playstation blog PR guy he knows nothing of the game.
Message 71 of 167 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Im glad I wasn't here for this lol...:smileyvery-happy:

but I dont trust anything other then official SB word.
 photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 72 of 167 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Some of you guys who got angry over this need to stop being trolled so easily :smileytongue: I understand if people lose it over those photoshopped characters, but this? It was clearly a lie...
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 73 of 167 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Sep 28, 2012

My mind was so worried, but thanks to the champions of the forum who have shown how little credibility this guy has and how much he's got wrong in the past, my mind is at ease, a toast to those who can keep their heads screwed on and help out the rest of us!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 74 of 167 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Paramedic293 wrote:

My mind was so worried, but thanks to the champions of the forum who have shown how little credibility this guy has and how much he's got wrong in the past, my mind is at ease, a toast to those who can keep their heads screwed on and help out the rest of us!

for michael!

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 75 of 167 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

Level_Code wrote:

Ratchet, Kratos and Nathan are way bigger than Crash ever was, he was short lived and sold. Also, no Sony character is as big as Mario and Sonic, so you couldn't expect that.

Crash has sold more then 50 million units.
Ratchet and Clank only 25
God of war only 21
Uncharted only 17

In 2010, despite there being no Crash games in years, Crash was voted more popular a series then Halo & Sonic. In terms of sales and popularity Crash wins :smileyhappy:

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I'm going to chime in here anyway.  Proportionately for the console's sales, Uncharted has sold more on PS3 than the Crash tetralogy on PS1.  It's a lot harder to sell 17 million on PS3 (64 million units) than 26 million on PS1(102 million units).  That's also three games compared to four, and Uncharted has still sold over 1% more of the PS3's userbase compared to Crash's 25.4% userbase sales on PS1.

And if I wanted to bring up the 2.5 unanimous GotY awards (Since Uncharted 1 lost out ~60/40 to Bioshock) that the series has won, I could make an entire second argument.  Or I could touch the "You're only as big as your last game" adage, which outright kills Crash.  Or that you're comparing an 18 game series to three series that only combined reach slightly over 18.  Or the quality of the latter 25 million Crash sales that came over the course of 14 mediocre or worse games.  But I won't, because that's not the point here.

On-topic: BS.  The guy knows nothing, as others have pointed out.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 76 of 167 (196 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Sep 28, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Liam_C1991 wrote:

Level_Code wrote:

Ratchet, Kratos and Nathan are way bigger than Crash ever was, he was short lived and sold. Also, no Sony character is as big as Mario and Sonic, so you couldn't expect that.

Crash has sold more then 50 million units.
Ratchet and Clank only 25
God of war only 21
Uncharted only 17

In 2010, despite there being no Crash games in years, Crash was voted more popular a series then Halo & Sonic. In terms of sales and popularity Crash wins :smileyhappy:

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I'm going to chime in here anyway.  Proportionately for the console's sales, Uncharted has sold more on PS3 than the Crash tetralogy on PS1.  It's a lot harder to sell 17 million on PS3 (64 million units) than 26 million on PS1(102 million units).  That's also three games compared to four, and Uncharted has still sold over 1% more of the PS3's userbase compared to Crash's 25.4% userbase sales on PS1.

And if I wanted to bring up the 2.5 unanimous GotY awards (Since Uncharted 1 lost out ~60/40 to Bioshock) that the series has won, I could make an entire second argument.  Or I could touch the "You're only as big as your last game" adage, which outright kills Crash.  Or that you're comparing an 18 game series to three series that only combined reach slightly over 18.  Or the quality of the latter 25 million Crash sales that came over the course of 14 mediocre or worse games.  But I won't, because that's not the point here.

On-topic: BS.  The guy knows nothing, as others have pointed out.

Congrats very well researched. Makes a lot of sense. Still don't think that those 3 characters are iconic though. If i brought up crash sonic mario and the like to anyone on the street they'd know who i was talking about. I doubt everyone in my household even knows who kratos, Ratchet and Drake are. In fact I could say for a fact that my mam won't and that would probably apply to most mothers. This sort of things hard to measure and I doubt either of us will change the others mind but i can be confident that 95% of the western world knows who sonic crash and mario are but only really gamers or people aged between 12 and 30 will have a good chance of knowing ratchet, kratos or drake.

Message 77 of 167 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Well on Nintendo I only know who Mario and lungi was. Xbox I only know Master chief and Marcus. Playdtation I know everyone. It all depends what you grew up with, since Nintendo is older more people know those characters because they have been around for longer
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 78 of 167 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5382 posts

Sep 28, 2012
YA! IM A CHAMPION...TO MTICHAEL!
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 79 of 167 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I can agree that Sonic, Mario et al. are infinitely more well-known, I just wanted to throw that argument against Crash because of what you'd said. Crash is bigger through technicality and Sony's currently-dreadful advertising (I feel that if Sony could advertise Uncharted's overall sales would be higher by at least 50%), I can't deny that. However, as I said in my semi-Devil's advocate comment, Uncharted technically is higher-selling by proportion so it's not necessarily fair.

Also, I always love pointing out how much Mario trumps everyone. 450 million...Crash has nothing on that. **bleep**, nobody has nothing on that.

Back on the topic of the roster, I feel that complaints about how iconic the characters are(n't) in this game is a bad complaint, considering no PS character is truly iconic besides Snake and maybe Crash/Spyro. Most of the others are wash-ups/not popular enough.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 80 of 167 (246 Views)
0 Likes