Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/01/2012
Offline
147 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

Jul 15, 2012

go home troll,

--------------------------------

I give you Kudos for real Money --- pm me. . . . .
Message 11 of 36 (349 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
788 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

Jul 15, 2012

No have crash in this game, is like mario doesnt appear in smash bros 4..

Deal with it..

I know that now is a third party, but for all the old dinosaurs who grew up with psone, crash is a must Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 36 (346 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/09/2012
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

He's right, you know. It doesn't matter that other Naughty Dog characters are in there. That's a bit like saying "we don't have Snake, we don't have the guy from Snatcher but don't worry, here's an athlete from Track & Field!"

 

Crash really does need to be in this game, that's all there is to it. It doesn't matter whose fault it is that he won't be either; who's to blame is academic if the game isn't being sold in the first place because such an important character isn't in it. And yes, unfortunately, it's "no Crash, no buy" for me too. To not have the character who was the reason I bought a Playstation for, while characters I don't even like (Cole, Kratos) make it, wouldn't be right and I would consider it "second-tier Playstation All-Stars".

Message 13 of 36 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/09/2012
Offline
218 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

Jul 15, 2012
Activision still has to give the green light to use crash and spyro and if you dont buy this game because of crash not in it then you werent gunna get it anyway or your a huge huge huge crash fanboy.
Message 14 of 36 (325 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/16/2010
Offline
1494 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

Jul 15, 2012

Exactly.its not about  we have 2 nd chars. i m not playing game for ND chars.  its not important who have copyrights of crash. they can easily buy for this game. crash has no game in  next gen  so he will be less priced. 

Message 15 of 36 (308 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
788 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

Jul 15, 2012

If superbot have Crash and Spyro, do you really think, they show now?

Crash and spyro (if they are inda game), are the most asked characters...probably superbot wonna show them close to the "release date", to create hyper HYPE and hyper sales 

Message 16 of 36 (290 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

he actually has a game or 2 for xbox 360, but still he will be much cheaper than Spyro, who has recently made Activision bank, i'm sure he is All-stars top priority and they are holding back on revealing him



Message 17 of 36 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
42149 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

Jul 15, 2012

Guest_1001 wrote:

He's right, you know. It doesn't matter that other Naughty Dog characters are in there. That's a bit like saying "we don't have Snake, we don't have the guy from Snatcher but don't worry, here's an athlete from Track & Field!"

 

Crash really does need to be in this game, that's all there is to it. It doesn't matter whose fault it is that he won't be either; who's to blame is academic if the game isn't being sold in the first place because such an important character isn't in it. And yes, unfortunately, it's "no Crash, no buy" for me too. To not have the character who was the reason I bought a Playstation for while characters I don't even like (Cole, Kratos) make it wouldn't be right and I would consider it "second-tier Playstation All-Stars".


This is quite the head scratcher Smiley Indifferent  Cole & Kratos are owned by Sony.  There is no barrier preventing them from making it in the game.  Crash & Spyro and every other 3rd party character however has a publisher barrier that can prevent them from making it in.  All the publisher has to do is say "No" (solely our property) or try and muscle in some absurd deal for the character's use (compared to everyone else).


Message 18 of 36 (280 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
42149 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

Jul 15, 2012

PaypayTR wrote:

Exactly.its not about  we have 2 nd chars. i m not playing game for ND chars.  its not important who have copyrights of crash. they can easily buy for this game. crash has no game in  next gen  so he will be less priced. 


It is important who has the copyrights.  And I doubt Sony would put up the money for Crash's IP just for PSASBR when ND isn't going to do anything with it and then they have to shop it around to another studio (most likely a 2nd party).  Yes there is the risk of Activision saying 'No' but for what Sony wants the character for, not worth forking over the money, despite the history, if they're not going to do anything with him beyond that.


Message 19 of 36 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/09/2012
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: NO CRASH NO BUY

Jul 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:
This is quite the head scratcher Smiley Indifferent  Cole & Kratos are owned by Sony.  There is no barrier preventing them from making it in the game.  Crash & Spyro and every other 3rd party character however has a publisher barrier that can prevent them from making it in.  All the publisher has to do is say "No" (solely our property) or try and muscle in some absurd deal for the character's use (compared to everyone else).

In this case, who owns the character doesn't actually matter. It's personal preference and I prefer Crash to those two. Plus, regardless of them being first-party or third-party, I associate Crash with the Playstation far more than I do any of the other characters on the roster. Him becoming a third-party character doesn't take that away from him, similar to Heihachi being in the game in spite of the fact he's owned by Namco. He's still unquestionably a Playstation All-Star.

Message 20 of 36 (248 Views)
Reply
0 Likes