I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Re: NEW High Res Kat and Emmett Screenshots!

Dec 4, 2012

im really glad they made her gravity slide part of her moveset.

Message 21 of 28 (232 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Dec 5, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Kat still looks ok with that art design, but they should have made her cell-shaded it looks so much better. As for will they for the final game no they won't if this it what they choose there gonna use it. Still she should have been cell-shaded.

Um....what? She is cel-shaded!

No, seriously, she is. Look up there at the shot of her in the air over the new stage while Emmett's got that big tower erected. Note how "flat" she looks compared to Emmett or the background warriors.

Now look at the screenshot of her fighting Sly on the Killzone stage. Don't they both look a little cartoony and "flat" next the background? Sly's cel-shaded too, you know.

I honestly don't know how you can complain about this when...your request has already been met... D:

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 22 of 28 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I'm crazy hype for Emmet, but what are his supers? (besides the hawk of course)

Message 23 of 28 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 5, 2012
how much more cel shading could you people want? do you want her model ripped directly from Gravity Rush? do you know how God awful that would look in comparison to the entire rest of the game?
Message 24 of 28 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Plasmakirby wrote:
how much more cel shading could you people want? do you want her model ripped directly from Gravity Rush? do you know how God awful that would look in comparison to the entire rest of the game?

I'm perfectly fine with her having the "Sly Cooper" treatment (a simple black outline around the model), as Omar said she'd be getting.  To me, it's the best of both worlds between cel shading and 3D.

Either way, you can already tell just from the first pic with Kat's intro that her looks were represented quite faithfully.

Message 25 of 28 (166 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Emmett Supers:

Level 1: whatever gun he's using gets an upgrade and he shoots at an opponent

Level 2: he drops a large object from the sky (can't remember what it is though) anyone who gets hit by it dies

Level 3: hawk of course
Message 26 of 28 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Kat still looks ok with that art design, but they should have made her cell-shaded it looks so much better. As for will they for the final game no they won't if this it what they choose there gonna use it. Still she should have been cell-shaded.

Um....what? She is cel-shaded!

No, seriously, she is. Look up there at the shot of her in the air over the new stage while Emmett's got that big tower erected. Note how "flat" she looks compared to Emmett or the background warriors.

Now look at the screenshot of her fighting Sly on the Killzone stage. Don't they both look a little cartoony and "flat" next the background? Sly's cel-shaded too, you know.

I honestly don't know how you can complain about this when...your request has already been met... D:

The shading is not cel. Do some research.
Message 27 of 28 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Dec 6, 2012

The shading in Gravity Rush isn't exactly cel shading either. Its something similar to that sort of shading, but at the same has its own feel.

I hate bringing up weird games, but play X-Men Destiny if you want a feel for what I'm talking about. Its not real, and at the same time its not cel.

Message 28 of 28 (77 Views)
0 Likes