Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 17 2012
By: S-o-h-a-i-l Treasure Hunter 5661 posts

NEW DLC Info - Seth Killian

[ Edited ]
39 replies 986 views Edited Nov 17, 2012

Don't know if this has been posted or not so what the hell (if it has, feel free to let me know so I can change the title to something a little less 'misleading')

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

Yes! In addition to their own story mode, DLC characters will have their own trials and challenges, as well as additional unlockable costume, plus a very cool little thing we like to call their “minion” :smileyhappy: We treat downloadable characters just like the full fledged on-disc characters.

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

I assume they will still be available for a price after 2 weeks, but there’s no reason to wait, so download them when they go live and they’re free for all.

I’d love to see Crash and I’d never say never, but not yet.

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

I am not positive, but I believe this is correct–you can download the characters even without the game (though of course you will need the game to be able to eventually use them).

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

Unfortunately not. We completed the opening cinematic before there were any plans for Kat and Emmett, much less models for either character (which are only now in development).

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

Square-Enix have great characters and a great place in PS history, but all of our discussions about these things are covered by non-disclosure agreements, so we can’t talk about even whether we’re talking about characters.

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

There are actually Chimeras running around in the background of the San Francisco stage, and maybe hidden somewhere else…

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:

Not sure where to start on this, but no, we didn’t create 2 characters in 7 days. In fact they are still not created :smileyhappy: That’s why the only images we have to show in this announcement are existing (old) images from their original games. The team has shifted focus to be full-force on these guys now that the launch game has gone gold, so development will happen faster than with the other characters (team has more experience making All-Stars characters, and are only focused on this, rather than on every other aspect of the game as well), but it’s going to be a while before they’re ready.

Also I know everyone likes to imagine an evil corporate scheme even when they’re getting something for free, but making something, then removing it from a game, then adding it back later as DLC (but for free) just isn’t a very good evil plan. If we presented that in the Board Room of Ultimate Evil, I think they would kick us out for fail :smileyhappy:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (986 Views)
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Re: DLC Info - Seth Killian

Nov 17, 2012
That last reply is great
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (973 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Nov 17, 2012
nice info
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Seth is the truth, why wouldn't I believe him?
"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (961 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Good to know DLC characters will have challenge, trials, costumes and minions :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (896 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 17, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:

Also I know everyone likes to imagine an evil corporate scheme even when they’re getting something for free, but making something, then removing it from a game, then adding it back later as DLC (but for free) just isn’t a very good evil plan. If we presented that in the Board Room of Ultimate Evil, I think they would kick us out for fail :smileyhappy:

He learned well from Capcom. They make something & remove it & then add it later as DLC. But in this way, it's free instead.

That "Board Room of Ultimate Evil", he probably refers that when he was in Capcom when they did DLC, lol.

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

There are actually Chimeras running around in the background of the San Francisco stage, and maybe hidden somewhere else…

Odd enough that this was directed to a Resistance Comment which wasn't really a question except he answered that Chimeras are in the game (BG of course). The fact he says "and maybe hidden somewhere else..." remarks a Chimera being an actual DLC Playable Char. They always intend to say things like that for users to think themselves, classic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (879 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Nov 17, 2012
last reply is genius
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I took that to mean a possible minion or simply a name tag/icon/avatar.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (853 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 17, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I took that to mean a possible minion or simply a name tag/icon/avatar.

I wouldn't say Minion cause in that IGN Live Stream, they showed the Minions. It was only one minion per character making 20 in total. Despite Resistance represented, the minions were only meant for the chars in the game.

As for name tag/icon/avatar, well, the user said "I think Hale or a Chimera should be in this game.", and Nathan Hale is in fact an icon in which in the IGN Live Stream, he picked the Hale icon.

I've seen this before. They say it as in a possible character. Otherwise, he would of just said they're dis-confirmed because the Chimeras are already in the background. Instead, he says they're in the BG + hidden somewhere else. Example could be "Kenshi" from Mortal Kombat 2011 in which he cameos in a stage & then gets worked as a DLC character. Plus, it wouldn't be a problem since they got R&C and Resistance Stage + Item, only the future determines.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (808 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Well I'm all for Chimera making it in as a DLC character, just hope they use an interesting variation instead of the standard one i.e. Jetpack.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (787 Views)
0 Likes