Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Re: NEW ALL-STAR APPROACHES!

Mar 8, 2013

roydgriffin wrote:

I played FFVI, I'd love to have Red XIII in the game, and I'm sorry I offended you so hard with my opinion.

As for your accusations, they are just plain wrong. Even with the "help" of Crisis Core you didn't understand the story. And that's okay.

Look, I might be a die hard FFVII fan, but I am no mindless fanboy.
I know a lot of people hate or don't like FFVII anymore, and that is really cool with me.
It doesn't take anything away from me, and usually it makes for many productive and fun(for both sides mind you) conversations.

But what you said about the story just made me cringe.
I just can't let someone trashtalk FFVII, who doesn't understand it at all.

And I know you probably won't read this, but for the sake of the two people who will maybe read this, I just have to fix all your wrongs:
I apollogize for the nerdy wall of text, and I know that probably nobody will read it, but I just had to do this.^^°

!BEWARE, MASSIVE FFVII SPOILERS AHEAD!

Okay, so first, Jenova was an alien-parasite.
She totally CONTROLLED Sephiroth. She was practically using him as her avatar.
She also could controll everyone else, who got injected with her cells at some point to a degree, like Cloud.(Like when he tried to kill Aerith, before Jenova used Sephiroth to do it herself.)

Her plan was to deal a massive wound to the planet, so the planet would use the lifestream to start healing itself.
Jenova would then be at the center of the wound as her avatar Sephiroth, and absorb all the energy the planet wants to provide to heal the wound.
Since the meteor impact would be so enourmous that would have been all the energy of the planet.
After she sucked the planet dry, she would then move on to the next planet, leaving the crumbling old world behind to die.
She was a mighty alien parasite entity, who feeds of planets life forces.

It wasn't that Sephiroth just wanted to mindlessly destroy the world for nothing.

Sephiroth started a killing spree in the Shinra headquarters in the beginning of the game, because Jenova

wanted the tiny bit that was left of her old Cetra-body(which was an avatar, like Sephiroth is now) back for herself - her head, which was in Shinras possession.
His/her plan was from the start to summon meteor to deal the wound.

Again THIS was Jenovas plan:

- get tiny bit of old body back to have more Jenova cells to make my influenze stronger and my avatar more powerful - check
- find and obtain black materia to summon meteor - check
- get rid of the only person in the whole world, who has the power to counter the black materia summon - check
- summon meteor to deal giant wound to the planet - check

and these points she couldn't check, because our heroes saved the day:
- meteor impact
- suck up all the energy the planet mobilizes to heal the wound
- move on to the next planet after beeing stuck over 2000 years on this boring rock.

And Cloud has personality. Come on, you just can't deny that. He was a very weak person, who finally overcame his own weakness(and I don't mean physical weakness) and became a relieable leader, even after:

His hometown got burned to the ground by his hero.
His mom got burned to the ground with his hometown.
He was exposed to Mako energy and Jenova cells in a water tank for FIVE YEARS.(and that's deadly poison for the weak-minded like Cloud)
His best friend sacrificed hiself to save Clouds life.
The girl he loves gets killed off for good.

And when he falls into the sea of mako energy for WEEKS,

(which - again - is pure mind poison for everyone, especially the weak-minded)
that is just the final hit that completely broke Cloud to the point were he was - like you fittingly put it - a vegetable.

When he finally comes back after he sorts out his unconscious with Tifa's help, he accepted who he really is and everything that really happened in his past and moves on to put everything aside to save the world.

Terra was indeed a 100% mind controlled tool, but only for the first 15 minutes of the game.
Cloud was confused about himself and his past due to heavy mako-poisoning and trauma,

and his body was sometimes controlled by Jenova like a "puppet" as Sephiroth still calls him on every occasion,
but his mind always screamed "NOOOOOOO! Dont do that!!" whenever that happened.

I think I have to tell you to replay FF6 and FF7 and find out for yourself. But you probably won't do that, which I can understand if you didn't like the game, and that's okay.

Granted, the last stand with Sephiroth is more a sequence than a real fight, but that is exactly as it was intended.

You have to beat Jenova's final form and her two Sephiroth hybrids to get there, so that were the real final battles.

The final showdown is in Cloud's mind, and represents the final influence Jenova still tries to exert as her desperate

last resort.

But, as mentioned above, Cloud's mind has grown stronger over the course of the story, and just pulverizes Jenova's last effort to turn this arround. And that, even after 15 years, runs chills down my spine because of it's sheer awesomeness.

Maybe that's just me though.

About the talk Cloud has about his past with Tifa and the others, (which occurs after they left Midgar,

and not on the start of Disc 2)

I don't recall Tifa said that(I didn't got to play this game in english yet unfortunately), but I believe you since it is a fact

that the translation was really bad.

And I got all of that before Crisis Core was even planned, and I'm no genius. The story, world and characters just fascinated me so much, that I was longing to fully understand it.

And yeah, playing it again and again over the years while getting older helped a lot. Smiley Wink

In my opinion, if anything, Crisis Core makes everything more complicated

and makes some weird unnecessary changes to the original story, which I'm not really fond off.
(still enjoyed the game though)

I secretly hope someone will read this, because I just want to share the awesomeness that is FFVII,

but that probably won't happen.

But if anything, just talking about it made me want to play it again.

And i have to thank you for that!^^

Well said my friend!!! Those are the many reason why I enjoyed FFVII. You should help over in the campaign if your not busy, The team can use a strong minded person.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Square-Enix-Support-Forwarding-Y...

Message 51 of 69 (248 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Last_HopeNFaith wrote:

Well said my friend!!! Those are the many reason why I enjoyed FFVII. You should help over in the campaign if your not busy, The team can use a strong minded person.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Square-Enix-Support-Forwarding-Y...

Im on it! Smiley Happy Thanks!

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 52 of 69 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

But great job on what you wrote about Final Fantasy VII. Sometimes people bash it so quick because of the hype, and they didn't have the experience when it first came out. So the people who played it and didn't like it... nine times out of ten, they played it way after the release date and only playing it  because of all the hype, which only will make them judge a 1997 video game to the full extent... in the 20th century. So then begin picking everything apart, look for flaws, and then quote "I don't see why everybody like this game" lol. I think the cloud fanboy's came after the movie, imo. I'm not mad at them, they keep FFVII alive Smiley Wink Play a game to have fun!

Message 53 of 69 (244 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Last_HopeNFaith wrote:

But great job on what you wrote about Final Fantasy VII. Sometimes people bash it so quick because of the hype, and they didn't have the experience when it first came out. So the people who played it and didn't like it... nine times out of ten, they played it way after the release date and only playing it  because of all the hype, which only will make them judge a 1997 video game to the full extent... in the 20th century. So then begin picking everything apart, look for flaws, and then quote "I don't see why everybody like this game" lol. I think the cloud fanboy's came after the movie, imo. I'm not mad at them, they keep FFVII alive Smiley Wink Play a game to have fun!

That's exactly what I am thinking.

Advent Children brought so many new fans, which is awesome, but also **bleep** of a lot of the old fans, because many of them trashed the game for it's dated graphics.

I can't add anything more, because you really nailed it with this statement!^^

And I'm really really grateful you read what I wrote, because it took a lot of time to write this!

I could have just ignored it, but it's FFVII, I couldn't resist! XD

I want to add, everyone who says they don't like FFVII for valid or personal reasons, like they don't like the setting, they prefer medieval settings, they don't like the character designs, they just didn't like it at all, that's really cool with me!

But if someone just wants to trashtalk it, make it look bad, because they don't like the comunity or for any other childish reason, I can't just let them go. I have to defend this poor old game! XD

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 54 of 69 (238 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

I'll just be simple, I'm tired of people dragging this dead FF7 horse around, saying THIS WAS THE GREATEST FINAL FANTASY EVER. Hey you want me to treat it like a stand alone game? Sure i give it credit for it's time, it's good. But i'm sick of Final fantasy 7 fans Bagging on all the other Final Fantasy games...

I have been hearing this ever since Final Fantasy 7

-I'm playing FF8... "That's the main character? pssh, he's just a lame copy of cloud, this whole game is stupid, that girl supposed to be tifa's replacment?"...meanwhile i'm just staring at the screen trying to ignore...

-I'm playing FF9.."Oh you play that? pssh FF7 was the only good game, i don't know why you bother with the new ones, besides Zidane is just a cloud rip off with a monkey tail."

-I'm Playing FF10 "Oh look how pathetic it is that they are now blatently trying to copy off FF7 this is just sad, they should just stop making final fantasy games nothing beats FF7"

-I'm Playing FF11 "An online Final fantasy? can i play as cloud? no? pssh i don't care, oh hey look maybe i can design my character to be like cloud."

-I'm playing FF12 "Still playing Final Fantasy? man you so stupid, FF7 was the only thing worth playing, why don't you play CoD (that's another fight for another day) I mean seriously look at that guy, cloud was much cooler and your boss is nothing compared to sephiroth."

-I'm playing FF13 "Lightning is just a cloud rip-off as a chick, all they know how to do is try to copy FF7 i mean look at the movie, they know FF7 was the only thing they ever produced, i mean look at that guy snow, he is so cloud just his personality was switched with tifa's and they changed gender..."

I am..sick...of...FF7....i really am... leave that in the past, with the warm fuzzies you all hold so dear...i don't mind...BUT STOP TRYING TO INCLUDE IT IN EVERY NEW GAME. I can't even play Tales of Graces f without people bringing up FF7...that's why i hate FF7.

Message 55 of 69 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
I imo personally think crisis core was the best ff... Really liked Zack (if my memory serves me well) loved the story and it holds a place in my heart as it was one of my 1st ever psp games and I ott'd my psp

Squall's personality was my fav off all ff characters especially when KH1 came out.

Cloud I believe is a good character and would be very nice to see in allstars but then again any ff character would be nice to see in allstars thought if square enix was to give rights to a rep id personally want sora.

Also on another note (I know its not going to happen) but it would be cool if square enix threw in agent 47 only because I ADORE the franchise

Agreed. Final Fantasy Crisis Core was one of my favorite Final Fantasy. It had a great storyline,really good gameplay despite not featuring multiple party members gameplay and they ended the game fantastically. And after playing Crisis Core I just disliked Cloud more because of major change in his personality because Square Enix loves continously using the "cool guy" personality for the MC.

Cloud's hometown got burned than he joined the military though didn't he and he actually seemed happy. He was already how he was before Aerith died although it does suck still,and I understand trying to stand up more for himself but he's nothing like how he was in Crisis Core.

Which is why I love FF7 Crisis Core and FF10. Tidus was a cheerful character despite his pretty dark past and a funny character to begin with. Auron had the cool personality,epic theme,old age,and badarse so I didn't mind he was given the cool personality. I practically loved almost every character until FFX-2,I didn't mind Riku and Paine but like Yuna I was like **bleep**!?

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 56 of 69 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Mar 8, 2013

All i'm saying is why is cloud the first thing out of everyone's mouth, i know it's playstation all stars and FF1-6 is super nes, but Warrior of Light is remastered in Dissidia which is a psp only. Why not go for an ACTUAL hero, or go for the idea of the Original Final Fantasy, OR add anyone from FF13, it's recent, or FF12 the second recent, or FF10...9...8...why is 7 first? I dunno all i'm saying is there are ALOT of more recent great additions, why is everybody stuck on FF7.

Message 57 of 69 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Lol its getting very Instense in here =P

advent_children_cloud_render.png

--Cloud Strife for All-Stars DLC!--
Message 58 of 69 (214 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Mar 8, 2013

AngelGozen wrote:

I'll just be simple, I'm tired of people dragging this dead FF7 horse around, saying THIS WAS THE GREATEST FINAL FANTASY EVER. Hey you want me to treat it like a stand alone game? Sure i give it credit for it's time, it's good. But i'm sick of Final fantasy 7 fans Bagging on all the other Final Fantasy games...

I have been hearing this ever since Final Fantasy 7

-I'm playing FF8... "That's the main character? pssh, he's just a lame copy of cloud, this whole game is stupid, that girl supposed to be tifa's replacment?"...meanwhile i'm just staring at the screen trying to ignore...

-I'm playing FF9.."Oh you play that? pssh FF7 was the only good game, i don't know why you bother with the new ones, besides Zidane is just a cloud rip off with a monkey tail."

-I'm Playing FF10 "Oh look how pathetic it is that they are now blatently trying to copy off FF7 this is just sad, they should just stop making final fantasy games nothing beats FF7"

-I'm Playing FF11 "An online Final fantasy? can i play as cloud? no? pssh i don't care, oh hey look maybe i can design my character to be like cloud."

-I'm playing FF12 "Still playing Final Fantasy? man you so stupid, FF7 was the only thing worth playing, why don't you play CoD (that's another fight for another day) I mean seriously look at that guy, cloud was much cooler and your boss is nothing compared to sephiroth."

-I'm playing FF13 "Lightning is just a cloud rip-off as a chick, all they know how to do is try to copy FF7 i mean look at the movie, they know FF7 was the only thing they ever produced, i mean look at that guy snow, he is so cloud just his personality was switched with tifa's and they changed gender..."

I am..sick...of...FF7....i really am... leave that in the past, with the warm fuzzies you all hold so dear...i don't mind...BUT STOP TRYING TO INCLUDE IT IN EVERY NEW GAME. I can't even play Tales of Graces f without people bringing up FF7...that's why i hate FF7.

Like I said, I can absolutely understand you.

I hope I didn't offend you. I really didn't want to step on your tail.

I also dislike fans like that, mainly because they make other people hate FFVII.

My Alundra Moveset:
Message 59 of 69 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:

Sora>Cloud 

Disney won't allow. 

Sony must go through a deal, agreement, payment and be accepted. 

Sora does not belong to Square Enix. 

Message 60 of 69 (196 Views)
0 Likes