Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Re: NEW ALL-STAR APPROACHES!

Mar 5, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:
No, it isn't. Link still has marketing value, Cloud has none.

Come on Noc, that was a very ignorant statement, even for you.

I agree that he is not what Link is for Smash Bros, since he is third party, but no marketing value at all?

They even made a Cloud perfume at one point, and people were buying it like stupid.

That is actually the only problem I have with Cloud.

He is my favourite Final Fantasy character, but all the marketing stuff, the complete change of his character and the resulting new fanboys and -girls kind of ruined his and FFVII's reputation and alienated some of the old fans.

Still, I'd love to have him in this game, even if it is very improbable.

At this point I would be grateful for any RPG-rep at all. (looking at you, Dart!)

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 41 of 69 (194 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

WHAT PERSONALITY!? Play FF6, He is just a male Terra, A "Tool" mentality of i just do as i'm told, i point my blade where i want is not a personality! i mean what kind of a character has a complete mental breakdown in the middle of his own game? I mean i have some some mental breakdowns but never have i seen a drooling vegetable mindset character. You don't even beat sephiroth! the game does it for you with the limit break.

Also Jenovah does all the work, sephiroth was litterally just running around with the same logic as cloud. I just go where mother tells me...HOW IS THAT A VILLIAN! A true villian has a REAL purpose. I will Dystroy the planet is not a purpose, why? BECUASE IF YOU BLOW UP THE PLANET YOUR STANDING ON...THEN WHAT!? His dillusional speech of i will ride meteorites across the cosmos in search of a new home if need be is not a plan, does he know for a fact he can breath in space? Or is sephiroth clearly 1980's superman that does EVERYTHING?

I Still can't get over the begining of disc 2 where Cloud tells a story of how tifa gets a fun ride THROUGH SEPHIROTHS SWORD...then she asks, Was i okay? Did i die?...It's like those people who watch i shouldn't be alive and the whole time they are asking, DID HE DIE? DID THEY SAVE YOU!? It's like...dude...they are TELLING THE STORY!!! i mean god the plot holes are enormous...if you don't play crissis core you have NO clue whats going on. Hey if Avalanches goal is to stop the company from using the lifestream or whatever, then why didn't they just LET sepiroth kill everybody, they were willing to BLOW UP a factory for it, and sephiroth didn't get all blow up the world untill Cloud and party started interfearing...

Just saying...i see no Value in adding cloud when there are all kinds of ORIGINAL ideas to add...i'd support Red XIII becuase we have no 4 legged creatures, it adds something unique, we don't need another sword guy.

Message 42 of 69 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

AngelGozen wrote:

WHAT PERSONALITY!? Play FF6, He is just a male Terra, A "Tool" mentality of i just do as i'm told, i point my blade where i want is not a personality! i mean what kind of a character has a complete mental breakdown in the middle of his own game? I mean i have some some mental breakdowns but never have i seen a drooling vegetable mindset character. You don't even beat sephiroth! the game does it for you with the limit break.

Also Jenovah does all the work, sephiroth was litterally just running around with the same logic as cloud. I just go where mother tells me...HOW IS THAT A VILLIAN! A true villian has a REAL purpose. I will Dystroy the planet is not a purpose, why? BECUASE IF YOU BLOW UP THE PLANET YOUR STANDING ON...THEN WHAT!? His dillusional speech of i will ride meteorites across the cosmos in search of a new home if need be is not a plan, does he know for a fact he can breath in space? Or is sephiroth clearly 1980's superman that does EVERYTHING?

I Still can't get over the begining of disc 2 where Cloud tells a story of how tifa gets a fun ride THROUGH SEPHIROTHS SWORD...then she asks, Was i okay? Did i die?...It's like those people who watch i shouldn't be alive and the whole time they are asking, DID HE DIE? DID THEY SAVE YOU!? It's like...dude...they are TELLING THE STORY!!! i mean god the plot holes are enormous...if you don't play crissis core you have NO clue whats going on. Hey if Avalanches goal is to stop the company from using the lifestream or whatever, then why didn't they just LET sepiroth kill everybody, they were willing to BLOW UP a factory for it, and sephiroth didn't get all blow up the world untill Cloud and party started interfearing...

Just saying...i see no Value in adding cloud when there are all kinds of ORIGINAL ideas to add...i'd support Red XIII becuase we have no 4 legged creatures, it adds something unique, we don't need another sword guy.

I played FFVI, I'd love to have Red XIII in the game, and I'm sorry I offended you so hard with my opinion.

As for your accusations, they are just plain wrong. Even with the "help" of Crisis Core you didn't understand the story. And that's okay.

Look, I might be a die hard FFVII fan, but I am no mindless fanboy.
I know a lot of people hate or don't like FFVII anymore, and that is really cool with me.
It doesn't take anything away from me, and usually it makes for many productive and fun(for both sides mind you) conversations.

But what you said about the story just made me cringe.
I just can't let someone trashtalk FFVII, who doesn't understand it at all.

And I know you probably won't read this, but for the sake of the two people who will maybe read this, I just have to fix all your wrongs:
I apologize for the nerdy wall of text, and I know that probably nobody will read it, but I just had to do this.^^°

!BEWARE, MASSIVE FFVII SPOILERS AHEAD!

Okay, so first, Jenova was an alien-parasite.
She totally CONTROLLED Sephiroth. She was practically using him as her avatar.
She also could controll everyone else, who got injected with her cells at some point to a degree, like Cloud.(Like when he tried to kill Aerith, before Jenova used Sephiroth to do it herself.)

Her plan was to deal a massive wound to the planet, so the planet would use the lifestream to start healing itself.
Jenova would then be at the center of the wound as her avatar Sephiroth, and absorb all the energy the planet wants to provide to heal the wound.
Since the meteor impact would be so enourmous that would have been all the energy of the planet.
After she sucked the planet dry, she would then move on to the next planet, leaving the crumbling old world behind to die.
She was a mighty alien parasite entity, who feeds of planets life forces.

It wasn't that Sephiroth just wanted to mindlessly destroy the world for nothing.

Sephiroth started a killing spree in the Shinra headquarters in the beginning of the game, because Jenova

wanted the tiny bit that was left of her old Cetra-body(which was an avatar, like Sephiroth is now) back for herself - her head, which was in Shinras possession.
His/her plan was from the start to summon meteor to deal the wound.

Again THIS was Jenovas plan:

- get tiny bit of old body back to have more Jenova cells to make my influence stronger and my avatar more powerful - check
- find and obtain black materia to summon meteor - check
- get rid of the only person in the whole world, who has the power to counter the black materia summon - check
- summon meteor to deal giant wound to the planet - check

and these points she couldn't check, because our heroes saved the day:
- meteor impact
- suck up all the energy the planet mobilizes to heal the wound
- move on to the next planet after beeing stuck over 2000 years on this boring rock.

And Cloud has personality. Come on, you just can't deny that. He was a very weak person, who finally overcame his own weakness(and I don't mean physical weakness) and became a relieable leader, even after:

His hometown got burned to the ground by his hero.
His mom got burned to the ground with his hometown.
He was exposed to Mako energy and Jenova cells in a water tank for FIVE YEARS.(and that's deadly poison for the weak-minded like Cloud)
His best friend sacrificed himself to save Clouds life.
The girl he loves gets killed off for good.

And when he falls into the sea of mako energy for WEEKS,

(which - again - is pure mind poison for everyone, especially the weak-minded)
that is just the final hit that completely broke Cloud to the point were he was - like you fittingly put it - a vegetable.

When he finally comes back after he sorts out his unconscious with Tifa's help, he accepted who he really is and everything that really happened in his past and moves on to put everything aside to save the world.

Terra was indeed a 100% mind controlled tool, but only for the first 15 minutes of the game.
Cloud was confused about himself and his past due to heavy mako-poisoning and trauma,

and his body was sometimes controlled by Jenova like a "puppet" as Sephiroth still calls him on every occasion,
but his mind always screamed "NOOOOOOO! Dont do that!!" whenever that happened.

I think I have to tell you to replay FF6 and FF7 and find out for yourself. But you probably won't do that, which I can understand if you didn't like the game, and that's okay.

Granted, the last stand with Sephiroth is more a sequence than a real fight, but that is exactly as it was intended.

You have to beat Jenova's final form and her two Sephiroth hybrids to get there, so that were the real final battles.

The final showdown is in Cloud's mind, and represents the final influence Jenova still tries to exert as her desperate

last resort.

But, as mentioned above, Cloud's mind has grown stronger over the course of the story, and just pulverizes Jenova's last effort to turn this arround. And that, even after 15 years, runs chills down my spine because of it's sheer awesomeness.

Maybe that's just me though.

About the talk Cloud has about his past with Tifa and the others, (which occurs after they left Midgar,

and not on the start of Disc 2)

I don't recall Tifa said that(I didn't got to play this game in english yet unfortunately), but I believe you since it is a fact

that the translation was really bad.

And I got all of that before Crisis Core was even planned, and I'm no genius. The story, world and characters just fascinated me so much, that I was longing to fully understand it.

And yeah, playing it again and again over the years while getting older helped a lot. Smiley Wink

In my opinion, if anything, Crisis Core makes everything more complicated

and makes some weird unnecessary changes to the original story, which I'm not really fond off.
(still enjoyed the game though)

I secretly hope someone will read this, because I just want to share the awesomeness that is FFVII,

but that probably won't happen.

But if anything, just talking about it made me want to play it again.

And i have to thank you for that!^^

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 43 of 69 (153 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

Once again i call foul on nearly the entire post.

1)First things first, an alien Feeding parasite (One of the most cliche ideas since si-fi's birth)

2) If Jenova is so hardcore, why is Sephiroth the "Bad Guy" Isn't he a victim like everyoneelse? so the plan to kill sephiroth knowing he is an avatar is ( - )points for Cloud's hero card.

3) Chucking a meteor at a planet, would wound the planet, any astronomy teacher would tell you it will also wipe out all life on the planet, apparently jenova's cave is impact proof, air tight (becuase of the dust that would cover the planet, just ask the dinosaurs). Also how would jenova get off the planet? It lives in a tank, unless that tank is portable i see no way off the planet.

4) I get that she wanted the head, but Avalanche was calling foul on sephiroth killing everybody when they were willing to blow up a factory...(point still stands)

5)I call foul any any of them being called Heroes When NOTHING HEROIC WAS DONE. In any other final fantasy they save towns, cure people, defend the sick and children. What we got was Cloud just so happens to save one or two people just cause they are in the way. Never once does he say "Those children are in danger!" I would have perfered Tifa as main character ( - ) Cloud's hero card...Especially since Tifa, Aerith and Barret ALL had that line multiple times.

Cloud's Personality Counter points

-Hometown got Burned to the ground? (oh i'm sorry, walking around like your a zombie is not a response to your hometown being burned down. There have been millions of heroes with hometowns burned and parents killed infront of them, yet they respond with making sure nobodyelse dies, they get angry at the world, they bear the grudge against the world for letting everyone die. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF PERSONALITIES THAT GO WITH THIS....None of them involve, i just follow everyone without any voice for myself.) Even snake-eyes who has no voice has more heart-ache then cloud. ( - ) Cloud's Character Card

-Deadly poison for the weak minded? Que Captain america, who in most continuities he is dying becuase of the super syrum. Never once does he mention it rather he soldiers on and trives to make every minute count. Cloud is just spacing out 90% of the time. I have seen heroes with mental instabilities, their core aspects always show through. (the heroic spirit) none of which shows up in Cloud. ( - ) Clouds Hero card

-Putting your character in a vegetable state or putting a character in a justifyable plot where he is sitting in a wheelchair for 1/4th of the game is a terrible foul on the writers, how are you supposed to believe in a hero who doesn't even know WHAt he is? I call the foul on the writers not cloud.

-Your epic I NOW KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! moment is horribly hindered, becuase STILL no heroic feats are accomplished. Cloud just kills the badguy witout any regard for people in the background getting killed, It's a bad imitation of hulk. EVEN HULK knows to protect civilians if a building is collapsing...seriously ( - ) Cloud's Hero Card

-I have seen many mind control fighting characters before. i'll use Luke from Tales of the Abyss just cuase it's the most recent thing in my mind (replaying 3ds). He always felt the control happening every now and again. He even lost control of his body. But he was always fighting it. If he lost control of his arm becuase the bad guy is currently trying to control him, he would scream out EVERYBODY BACK AWAY! as he practicly forces himself to faint to stop the control...or if full control is assumed he fights every second, forcing his body to occsionally freeze. I saw nothing other then like you said "NOOOO"... More ( - ) points for Cloud's Hero card

- You say it's intended that i didn't finish the battle...Fine ( - ) points for Square-Enix on not knowing how to make a proper ending. the point is for the players too feel like they accomplished something.

-Beating 3 bosses just to get the Final blow ripped from me sucks...

-Final Mental battle would have felt better if i dunno we had done this battle every now and again in his head. In FF9 You fight beatrice over and over, you never beat her, she always has a final hit that one shots. That gives me a moment to say GGRRWWAAA YOU **********************************. But We get this supposed huge epic mental battle but it feels weightless, i walked away not feeling anything.

Crissis core was my only saving grace...

It showed Sephiroth HAD A PERSONALITY. You got to see cloud with his dream to be a hero. You got to see where that dream came from. ZACK IS AN ACTUAL HERO, He saved as many people as possible! He always at the end of any battle with people says "i used the back of the blade" oh look at that no blood spilled. HERO. He saved people, he tried to be charming, he had dreams. He cried when he had to kill his mentor. WE FELT THE EMOTIONAL PAIN OF KILLING YOUR MENTOR, who throughout the game had been this Big Brother to you, only to watch him spiral into this illusion of being a monster and finally taking his life. You had to talk to Angeal's parents as they mourned, shortly before she takes her own life. ZACK is the Hero, Cloud is a hollow mess...

Terra Was a slave for so long she didn't know anything about herself, and although she doesn't recover her old personality she makes a new one, a new dream and she cared about others.

Also Tifa is Cloud's intrest, Aerith was never Cloud's...play crissis core, she offers dates all the time. Before Crissis core (original FF7) i still say Aerith wasn't yours she says date me but other then that does nothing to support it. Whereas Tifa CHASES you the whole game and actually demonstrates her concern for cloud. Like i said Fund TIFA as main character i have NO love for Cloud...

Message 44 of 69 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Does anyone like leon/sqwall (think its spelt)???
Message 45 of 69 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:

Squall is okay, I loved Ultimacia even though she was cultivating Seifer for her slave for bearing children...lol

my only foul with FF7 is that i can't go a single day without a fan rubbing his meat in my face. Then they say stuff like, ALL OTHER FF'S SUCK FF13 SUCKS, FF12 SUCKS, FF10 SUCKS...really? i like all the games in the order they are given. Am i the only person in the world who think Final Fantasy is getting better with every game? i even like FF13-2 even though my foul is it takes 20 hours to beat MAX but 50-70 hours to platinum... i mean yeah i have my fouls with every series but i don't go tearing other series down...except 7 becuase they are the only fans i know that tear other series down. (NOT SAYING ALL ff7 FANS...just the majority...)

Message 46 of 69 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

Okay, since you obviously like Crisis Core over FFVII, and I vice versa we will not come to an agreement on this.

I can only theorize at that point, but fact is, you don't like FFVII, and that's really fine by me!

Also I'm a very lazy man, but I will still write you back, since I like talking about FFVII.^^

1)First things first, an alien Feeding parasite (One of the most cliche ideas since si-fi's birth)

Yeah, it has been used before, but who are you blaming? This game came out 15 years ago, in the 90s! And it was used different than usual, because the only one who really can understand what that was is the player.

The characters have no idea what they are really dealing with, they've never been to space before.(At least until Cid... you know what I mean)

2) If Jenova is so hardcore, why is Sephiroth the "Bad Guy" Isn't he a victim like everyone else? so the plan to kill sephiroth knowing he is an avatar is ( - )points for Cloud's hero card.

Well, the "real" Sephiroth did go crazy in the past and burned down Nibelheim, thus killing Cloud's mother, almost killed Tifa and Zack, so there would still be enough reason to go after him even without Jenova's influence.

And let's not forget that he helps Jenova, his "mother" grow in power, while she takes more and more control of him.

Also they most likely didn't know exactly how the relationship between Sephiroth and Jenova worked.

3) Chucking a meteor at a planet, would wound the planet, any astronomy teacher would tell you it will also wipe out all life on the planet, apparently jenova's cave is impact proof, air tight (becuase of the dust that would cover the planet, just ask the dinosaurs). Also how would jenova get off the planet? It lives in a tank, unless that tank is portable i see no way off the planet.

I don't disagree with you on that for the real world, but this is a videogame. A fictional world, filled with magic and chocobos.

I'm sure we can agree on that.

And a superhuman entity like a Jenova - powered Sephiroth could survive on a world that is been struck by a meteor.

Heck, if you need any proof, Sephiroth survives his own Supernova attack (if you watch closely, you may notice it goes through him first, before it hits your party)

Also, Jenova will not let him stand under the meteor when it attacks. She just has to be in the center of the wound AFTER the meteor hit. Her plan was to stay in the great northern cave, which Sephiroth surrounded with a giant magic barrier. Unfortunately for her, the shinra canon "Sister Ray" destroyed that barrier in the fight with Diamond Weapon.

Also, again, Jenova is a parasite entity that infected/possessed one of the cetras at one point in history, and that is the woman body we see in the game. So we can't see what Jenova really looks like. There are many theories, but an almighty, godlike bodyless entity doesn't need air to breath. In fact, Jenova came to the world of FFVII from space herself! Jenova can space travel. Engage planet, suck energy dry, move to next planet. With a plan like this it's clear Jenova has no problem with space travel. That would be really stupid.

4) I get that she wanted the head, but Avalanche was calling foul on sephiroth killing everybody when they were willing to blow up a factory...(point still stands)

Ah, that is what you meant. Yeah, that kind of sucked. Even the characters admit that.

Especially Jesse, who built the bomb herself. She miscalculated the explosions impact, and blames herself.

Even when she died while defending sector 7, her last words were something along the lines of "maybe this is what we deserve for killing so many innocent people".

Also they didn't really call him foul for killing president Shinra and saving their lives in the process. They were all caught and locked up at that point, remember?

5)I call foul any any of them being called Heroes When NOTHING HEROIC WAS DONE. In any other final fantasy they save towns, cure people, defend the sick and children. What we got was Cloud just so happens to save one or two people just cause they are in the way. Never once does he say "Those children are in danger!" I would have perfered Tifa as main character ( - ) Cloud's hero card...Especially since Tifa, Aerith and Barret ALL had that line multiple times.

So saving the world, the WHOLE world is not heroic enough?

Standing up to your own mistakes and facing your true self if it that messed up doesn't require courage?

Cloud isn't a hero from the start, but he grows as the story unfolds, and he surely is one at the end.

If you ask me, they are all heroes - and Cloud was their leader. But you're not asking me, I know... Smiley Wink

They saved Fort Condor multiple times if that count's as town saving for you. They saved their friends lives on many occasions.

Save towns, cure people, defend the sick and children?

When did they do that stuff in other Final Fantasies? I'm serious, I can't remember now.

Surely not in FFIX, where almost every town gets trashed after you set foot in it. (Sorry, I had to mention that XD)

I mean, they cure people and defend the sick and children in Advent Children, but that's a movie.

But in every FF they save the world in the end. As they do in this one.

Cloud's Personality Counter points

-Hometown got Burned to the ground? (oh i'm sorry, walking around like your a zombie is not a response to your hometown being burned down. There have been millions of heroes with hometowns burned and parents killed infront of them, yet they respond with making sure nobodyelse dies, they get angry at the world, they bear the grudge against the world for letting everyone die. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF PERSONALITIES THAT GO WITH THIS....None of them involve, i just follow everyone without any voice for myself.) Even snake-eyes who has no voice has more heart-ache then cloud. ( - ) Cloud's Character Card

Okay, to recap again:

- His hometown gets burned down, including his family

- he gets almost killed by Sephiroth

- he gets thrown in a mako tank for FIVE FRIKKIN' YEARS, loosing his mind and falling into a coma.

- he wakes up, his best friend is dead, he lost a lot of memories and fills them with Zack's in his confusion.

Not really a good start for a full fletched revenge I dare to say.

Also, he "killed" Sephiroth, right there on the spot!

After Sephiroth almost kills Tifa, and defeats Zack, one of the best in SOLDIER,

he is faced by a 16 year old plain little Shinra Grunt named Cloud! That was his revenge right there.

I kind-off-quote "My family... My hometown... Tifa... I will never forgive you Sephiroth!!" and he gets almost killed,

but in the end he defeats Sephiroth by using Sephiroth's masamune blade, WHICH IS STUCK IN CLOUD'S TORSO at that point as a lever, and throws him into the mako stream. Come on, you gotta give him points for that, that was heroic, and bad*ss! Smiley Happy

-Deadly poison for the weak minded? Que Captain america, who in most continuities he is dying becuase of the super syrum. Never once does he mention it rather he soldiers on and trives to make every minute count. Cloud is just spacing out 90% of the time. I have seen heroes with mental instabilities, their core aspects always show through. (the heroic spirit) none of which shows up in Cloud. ( - ) Clouds Hero card

FFVII =/= Captain America

Different rules apply.

-Putting your character in a vegetable state or putting a character in a justifyable plot where he is sitting in a wheelchair for 1/4th of the game is a terrible foul on the writers, how are you supposed to believe in a hero who doesn't even know WHAt he is? I call the foul on the writers not cloud.

1/4th of the game? Come on! XD

After you escape Junon as Tifa and make two quick missions with Cid he is back! That's like... 2 hours of an 80 hour game.

I mean, you can stretch the time by breeding chocobos, but that wouldn't be the stories fault..

-Your epic I NOW KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! moment is horribly hindered, becuase STILL no heroic feats are accomplished. Cloud just kills the badguy witout any regard for people in the background getting killed, It's a bad imitation of hulk. EVEN HULK knows to protect civilians if a building is collapsing...seriously ( - ) Cloud's Hero Card

?

When did that happen?

-I have seen many mind control fighting characters before. i'll use Luke from Tales of the Abyss just cuase it's the most recent thing in my mind (replaying 3ds). He always felt the control happening every now and again. He even lost control of his body. But he was always fighting it. If he lost control of his arm becuase the bad guy is currently trying to control him, he would scream out EVERYBODY BACK AWAY! as he practicly forces himself to faint to stop the control...or if full control is assumed he fights every second, forcing his body to occsionally freeze. I saw nothing other then like you said "NOOOO"... More ( - ) points for Cloud's Hero card

Cloud was also fighting it, but his body really got fully controlled. Even you as the player couldn't do anything. (They even let you in control of Cloud to show you he really can't escape)

He needed his friends to snap out of it.

Also again, FFVII =/= Tales fo the Abyss

I could argue that maybe Cloud's control was just stronger than Luke's, but different rules apply.

You can't compare situations in different universes. You just can't.

- You say it's intended that i didn't finish the battle...Fine ( - ) points for Square-Enix on not knowing how to make a proper ending. the point is for the players too feel like they accomplished something.

So three final battles and a 10 minute epic final cutscene doesn't make you feel like that?

Kids these days.. XD

No seriously, at the time of FFVIIs release, a 10 minute cutscene was a reward.

-Beating 3 bosses just to get the Final blow ripped from me sucks...

That's the beauty of it - you get to select that final Omnislash by yourself! Smiley Happy

-Final Mental battle would have felt better if i dunno we had done this battle every now and again in his head. In FF9 You fight beatrice over and over, you never beat her, she always has a final hit that one shots. That gives me a moment to say GGRRWWAAA YOU **********************************. But We get this supposed huge epic mental battle but it feels weightless, i walked away not feeling anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7lohID9UE

(sorry, couldn't find better quality)

I felt Cloud's rage builing up, and that final blow of Omnislash was so satisfying.

This is the only time in the game that the limit meter builds by itself. He's just that angry

Yeah, but that's just my personal feeling. It's different for everyone.

Crissis core was my only saving grace...

It showed Sephiroth HAD A PERSONALITY. You got to see cloud with his dream to be a hero. You got to see where that dream came from. ZACK IS AN ACTUAL HERO, He saved as many people as possible! He always at the end of any battle with people says "i used the back of the blade" oh look at that no blood spilled. HERO. He saved people, he tried to be charming, he had dreams. He cried when he had to kill his mentor. WE FELT THE EMOTIONAL PAIN OF KILLING YOUR MENTOR, who throughout the game had been this Big Brother to you, only to watch him spiral into this illusion of being a monster and finally taking his life. You had to talk to Angeal's parents as they mourned, shortly before she takes her own life. ZACK is the Hero, Cloud is a hollow mess...

Crisis Core is good on it's own right.

Zack is a hero, not arguing with any of that.

Cloud is a hollow mess, but grows to be the next hero.

And you see Sephiroth's old good personality in FFVII too, in flashbacks.

Terra Was a slave for so long she didn't know anything about herself, and although she doesn't recover her old personality she makes a new one, a new dream and she cared about others.

Cloud finds his true self over the course of the game which was buried by himself in his subconscious.

It's similar, but their personalities are very different. Terra is really sweet and caring. Cloud in the beginning of the game on the other hand... not so much.

Also Tifa is Cloud's intrest, Aerith was never Cloud's...play crissis core, she offers dates all the time. Before Crissis core (original FF7) i still say Aerith wasn't yours she says date me but other then that does nothing to support it. Whereas Tifa CHASES you the whole game and actually demonstrates her concern for cloud. Like i said Fund TIFA as main character i have NO love for Cloud...

I like Tifa way more than Aerith, maybe even more than Cloud. She is my favourite RPG heroine of all time.

And I played Crisis Core.

That being said, of course Cloud was more interessted in Aerith than she was in him.

She more or less just sees Zack in him, and flirts arround.. but, even I hate to admit it, Cloud really falls for her...

So her loss is tragic for him.

And it's cool if you don't like Cloud. You don't have to!^^

Phu, I'm finally done!

Hope I could interest you a bit.^^°

My Alundra Moveset:
Message 47 of 69 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Mar 7, 2013

AngelGozen wrote:

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:

Squall is okay, I loved Ultimacia even though she was cultivating Seifer for her slave for bearing children...lol

my only foul with FF7 is that i can't go a single day without a fan rubbing his meat in my face. Then they say stuff like, ALL OTHER FF'S SUCK FF13 SUCKS, FF12 SUCKS, FF10 SUCKS...really? i like all the games in the order they are given. Am i the only person in the world who think Final Fantasy is getting better with every game? i even like FF13-2 even though my foul is it takes 20 hours to beat MAX but 50-70 hours to platinum... i mean yeah i have my fouls with every series but i don't go tearing other series down...except 7 becuase they are the only fans i know that tear other series down. (NOT SAYING ALL ff7 FANS...just the majority...)

I sure hope you don't put me in a pot with all the mindless FFVII fanboys!

I respekt everyones opinion, and like other FFs too!

Like 8! Squall is cool, I like his snarky inner monologues.^^

My Alundra Moveset:
Message 48 of 69 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Gaaah!!! Misleading title!! I thought a new character was announced...

Message 49 of 69 (90 Views)
Survivor
2454 posts

Mar 8, 2013
I imo personally think crisis core was the best ff... Really liked Zack (if my memory serves me well) loved the story and it holds a place in my heart as it was one of my 1st ever psp games and I ott'd my psp

Squall's personality was my fav off all ff characters especially when KH1 came out.

Cloud I believe is a good character and would be very nice to see in allstars but then again any ff character would be nice to see in allstars thought if square enix was to give rights to a rep id personally want sora.

Also on another note (I know its not going to happen) but it would be cool if square enix threw in agent 47 only because I ADORE the franchise
Message 50 of 69 (111 Views)
0 Likes