Feb 11 2013
By: smithery22 Lombax Warrior 92 posts

NERF **bleep** SLY PLEASE :D

[ Edited ]
19 replies 264 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

Not a noticable nerf, but one that REALLY delays his counter in some way.

HOH-LHEE-**bleep**.

I legit went up against a sly and ALL HE KEPT DOING was the **bleep** teleport/counter thing. I couldn't even hit him.

He does need a nerf in that respect. Not one that would be noticable to most sly-users, but one that would really limit his ability to be goddamn **bleep** cheap like that

Edit: Profanity removed

Message 1 of 20 (264 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: NERF **bleep** SLY PLEASE :D

Feb 11, 2013

His counter is easily punishable if you know what you're doing, he can't counter throws or even supers.

Learn to fight against him, dont declare he needs a nerf. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 20 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
487 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I honestly have never had much trouble with Sly but I do know his counter can get frustrating. I main Spike so I either throw the Bananarang behind Sly and it hits him from behind while he's no expecting it, or I use the RC car that's a bit more difficult for a Sly player to notice. You just gotta attack directly after Sly uses his counter because he's vulnerable for a half second after.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Message 3 of 20 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I encounterd a Sly that tried spamming counter. I just walked up to him and threw him. After about 3-4 times, the guy learned and moved onto other tactics.

Whenever someone is spamming, I usually put my focus into trying to counter/avoid/discourage the spam. I might lose the match, but it was at least good practice for me against the move, and if I was successful, deterrs the other player from spamming.

Message 4 of 20 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Super his counter. It's the best way to get him to stop.
Message 5 of 20 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 11, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

His counter is easily punishable if you know what you're doing, he can't counter throws or even supers.

Dude, don't act like you're better than I am. I KNOW how to play it. Don't be one of those idiots claiming, "It's easy". It's not. You're just stubborn.

I KNOW HOW TO FIGHT AGAINST HIM. He DOES need a nerf. Ugh. You're just acting condescending

Message 6 of 20 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Use throw setups or supers slys think there so clever I usually never use his counter unless a guy is doing the same move over and over to get close to him.
Message 7 of 20 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 11, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
Super his counter. It's the best way to get him to stop.

I appreciate the feedback, but I can't "super" his counter if he's not letting me hit him xD

Message 8 of 20 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Throw him Idk. His counter has a long cooldown on letting him do anything but counter. So try and do a throw combo If your character has one. I know only a couple characters have them, sackboy, kratos, just to name a few..
Message 9 of 20 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

smithery22 wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Dude, don't act like you're better than I am. I KNOW how to play it. Don't be one of those idiots claiming, "It's easy". It's not. You're just stubborn.

I KNOW HOW TO FIGHT AGAINST HIM. He DOES need a nerf. Ugh. You're just acting condescending

Whatever you say. I'm personally tired of seeing all the "nerf (insert character here)" threads, although I know it'll never end as long as people have short tempers and aren't willing to learn the game and what works against whom.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 10 of 20 (196 Views)