Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Re: NERF **bleep** SLY PLEASE :D

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

smithery22 wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

His counter is easily punishable if you know what you're doing, he can't counter throws or even supers.

Learn to fight against him, dont declare he needs a nerf. 

Dude, don't act like you're better than I am. I KNOW how to play it. Don't be one of those idiots claiming, "It's easy". It's not. You're just stubborn.

I KNOW HOW TO FIGHT AGAINST HIM. He DOES need a nerf. Ugh. You're just acting condescending

Whatever you say. I'm personally tired of seeing all the "nerf (insert character here)" threads, although I know it'll never end as long as people have short tempers and aren't willing to learn the game and what works against whom.

Kudos to you sir. But, these people are the "casual" players of fighting games where either their tactics work or the game is broken.

Also, just to clarify, I'm a casual player when it comes to fighting games. I can understand how this game is nuance driven but I wouldn't be able to play at a "professional level"

Message 11 of 20 (139 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Feb 11, 2013

MercenaryDemon wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

smithery22 wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

His counter is easily punishable if you know what you're doing, he can't counter throws or even supers.

Learn to fight against him, dont declare he needs a nerf. 

Dude, don't act like you're better than I am. I KNOW how to play it. Don't be one of those idiots claiming, "It's easy". It's not. You're just stubborn.

I KNOW HOW TO FIGHT AGAINST HIM. He DOES need a nerf. Ugh. You're just acting condescending

Whatever you say. I'm personally tired of seeing all the "nerf (insert character here)" threads, although I know it'll never end as long as people have short tempers and aren't willing to learn the game and what works against whom.

Kudos to you sir. But, these people are the "casual" players of fighting games where either their tactics work or the game is broken.

Also, just to clarify, I'm a casual player when it comes to fighting games. I can understand how this game is nuance driven but I wouldn't be able to play at a "professional level"

Oh don't get me wrong, I actually don't play a lot of fighting games. All-Stars is an exception for me though,but from what I've seen if someone is spamming a certain move its usually punishable somehow, then again there's always exceptions to that.

Again, I'm just tired of seeing the "nerf this guy" threads. I swear 99% of people who post those only complain because they just lost a match to a player doing that one thing literally 5 minutes ago, and come to the forums to gripe about it. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 12 of 20 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Any of you guys faced a dude named Mexi-CAN?

He's annoying as **bleep** with that counter. Our last stock went on forever, and it was initially a team match. Went about 20 mins, then I finally won.
Message 13 of 20 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Feb 11, 2013
So Sly's counter doesn't do ANYTHING when a super is headed at him? Heh... pain and grief headed Sly's way.
Message 14 of 20 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Pretty much mister shadow so when you see him countering over and over use a super and kill that road kill.
Message 15 of 20 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Yea. If sly counter at the wrong time and someone uses a super... There's no way hes getting out of it. Hes gone. Also to the OP you should try observing his counter to learn when you can attack. That way you don't fall into anymore counters.
Message 16 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Feb 11, 2013

use big daddy and you will own sly. 

Message 17 of 20 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 11, 2013
If you're playing an FFA, gain supers from attacking other players than kill the Sly that's annoying you. If you're playing 2v2, then attack his partner and do the same. If he's still causing trouble, use attacks with a delay or charge such as Evil Cole's Giga Punch or Rachet's Sonic Eruptor. They allow you to be more unpredictable and usually do more damage. If all else fails, use sly online against good players to see how others play against it, and if they can't, then congrats, you have beat online multiplayer! Ride to the top of the leaderboards with your simple technique and tell us all about how sly really did need a nerf.
Message 18 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I wonder if these Sly players have actually played a Sly game or likes the character, or if they only pick him because of cheap attacks, overpowered Lv 1, or other factors. I've played all the Sly games and love them, but have no interest in playing as him in this game

Message 19 of 20 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 11, 2013

If I may ask, who do you use? The best solution may vary depending on that answer.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 20 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes