I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: NERF DRAKE

Feb 9, 2013

Not exactly true the chain grab and "infinite" which was not an infinite at all got changed from all the crying

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 11 of 26 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 9, 2013
I guess you are right sir.
Message 12 of 26 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Drake's not all bad to deal with. Sure his barrels can get annoying, but it's not like they're hard to deal with....but then again, I play Sackboy and just reflect all his stuff. I've never ran into a really good Drake.
 photo vgmsig.jpg
Message 13 of 26 (186 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Drakes not op and his barrel is fine it's not hard dodge and has reasonable ap gain.
Message 14 of 26 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Drake is definitely op. He has great close combat and ranged abilities, an answer for every situation, great speed/mobility, combos, the barrel, and his attacks are very hard to punish since he's always moving in one direction. Even his moves that sound like they should be punishable like every other character (ground pound style move) has him immediately roll away from danger.

The community are hesitant to admit that he's op because it wasn't initially as obvious as Kratos, or Raiden , and thus a lot of people here even main him, and don't want to see him reduced.

Drake is by far the highest tier via top 500 ranked character (FFA and 2v2)and he has the most overall points in the super tier list. He is OP, and no one sucks if they have a hard time against a skilled drake.
Message 15 of 26 (161 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 10, 2013
i spam the hell out of the barrel and ak.
then after running away and wasting everyone's time i just quit, hopping i was host.
Message 16 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Lol shadow when are you on??
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 17 of 26 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Yo, actually I'll be on tonight. Not going to the bar as planned need to jump in the shower and make dinner (lol, ill explain over mic) then I'll be on right after watching something with dinner via Netflix.
Message 18 of 26 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013
His close range combat is average it's good but only great if you have put effort into finding his ap burst combos with just his close range, he has an answer for most situations as he should he's a good zoner I think he is somewhat weak against characters with air mobility since the grande launcher is not super reliable aiming wise, I've never had trouble punishing any of his moves, I assume your referring to his ledge crumple and zip line and I wouldn't go as far as to say he rolls out of danger he doesn't roll that far after he is still in the danger zone. Right now Drake is my third main and sees basically no playtime so I don't defend him because he's my character as people would assume. I think the reason he looks so good stat wise is he's the most played character. For me I just don't see the op factors he has that everyone claims make him op his barrel included I don't have any problems against most Drakes.
Message 19 of 26 (132 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Sure Drake is annoying to deal with but he doesn't need a nerf because he's no longer broken. If you're having problems dealing with him or any other character, I suggest you take the time to learn the strengths and weaknesses of all his moves and how to exploit them with your character of choice. A little tip, blocking really helps against his barrel....and every other attack of his.

And just to let you know, I use Parappa, and I can easily take down Drake or any other character because I took the time to learn their and Parappa's moves strength and weakness wise.

Message 20 of 26 (111 Views)
0 Likes