Highlighted
Nov 10 2012
By: Y_M_1 Lombax Warrior 161 posts

My vision of Polygon man

10 replies 189 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

Right so i never heard of Polygon man before i joined this forum, form what i've heard he was the very first PS1 mascot and was scrapped because the big wigs didnt like him, and he's also a giant head lol. But even with me knowing so little information about him i think nobody could be a better boss. I've heard ppl like ORGANIZATION say thing like what are his moves gonna be headbutt and laser eyes ( God i hope not). The thing is the way i vision him is just like VIKI from I ROBOT exept instead of being in control of machines he controls the PS universe. He cannot phisicaly touch you and you cant touch him, hes a sort of hologram who talks of power and sounds awsome.

So im hoping the boss battle goes something like this. Depending on ur character i think he should have something unique to say to all of them i.e "ahhhh...Kratos, the human that slays Gods. We meet at last. I have always wondered why they worship such a man as urself. You leave a path death and destruction everywhere u go, yet they love you. I 2 consider myself a God and u r in my world, lets see how u do againts me" or something like that.... Then he materializes and conjurs up something from playstations history.. i dunno maybe a bunch of PS1 logos with arms and legs looool cant really think of anything right now. Feel freee 2 input. But i think there should be a few waves of different enemies. It would be very kool if the only way to kill him was 2 get to the core of playstation and take out his heart, kinda like I Robot. Not sure how it would be done tho. But anywayz these are my thoughts, any sort of input would be nice if u manage to read it all. 

im very bad at english so my apologise

Message 1 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: My vision of Polygon man

Nov 10, 2012
I love the idea of having unique dialogue depending on what character you're playing as - although I have no honest clue how the boss battle will play out, considering the gameplay works with a super system. My bet would be him conjuring up characters/objects for you to fight, after which you'd attack an exposed area (a power source perhaps), and then rinse and repeat a couple of times.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 11 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Nov 10, 2012

That's Mr. ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 to you

Message 3 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 10, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I love the idea of having unique dialogue depending on what character you're playing as - although I have no honest clue how the boss battle will play out, considering the gameplay works with a super system. My bet would be him conjuring up characters/objects for you to fight, after which you'd attack an exposed area (a power source perhaps), and then rinse and repeat a couple of times.

yes i really hope he has unique dialogue for every character, it would make it that much more meaningful. I think Polygon man has alot of potential to be an EPIC boss, i just hope its not like u literally fight his head and he tries to headbutt you n stuff. That would be awful. 

Message 4 of 11 (167 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I really doubt it will be a direct fight, mainly because they'd have to change the gameplay system because of it - unless they do a 'build up your super meter and perform supers to damage him' sorta deal, but that won't work considering each characters super is different in terms of effect and range i.e. Sweet Tooth kick which has to connect with an opponents or Parappas short distance kick (assuming Polygonman is giant).
Message 5 of 11 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 10, 2012

It'd have to be a pretty short speech for each character, tbh.

Message 6 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I'd just want some form of acknowledgment atleast, maybe a few words in a pre cutscene or something.
Message 7 of 11 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 10, 2012

"THE POWER COSMIC ITSELF"

I just get a huge Galactus vibe from him, don't mind me.

Message 8 of 11 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I hope he has unique dialog. I wonder who does his voice... 90% chance nolan north lol
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 9 of 11 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Galactus is exactly who I think of too, but I hope that's not the case - his battle was pretty substandard, not that I'm expecting Polygonmans to be jaw dropping lol.

Nolan North voices everything, he is video games at this point.
Message 10 of 11 (109 Views)
0 Likes