Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: My personal Beta Tier

Oct 29, 2012
these tiers are all just speculated and for the most part will depend on the player, I for one can beat anyone fairly easily with parrapa but can't do a thing with fat princess
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 11 of 26 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Fat Princess is Low Tier IMO fairly weak supers, slow Speed, limited Projectiles and defense, I rarely see Fat Princess win let a lone dominate.. I am good with sweet tooth and beat most people with him, I had a 2v2 round vs 2 Kratos that went into 4X overtime, my buddy was dong terrible with Radec going 3 KO's and 10 Deaths, but it was my contributions as Sweet Tooth with a 18 KO 7 Death effort to finally win.. epic round, but any character can win vs anybody its all about how good the player you are vs. you can dominate with all characters if done correctly.. IMO
Message 12 of 26 (206 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

Oct 30, 2012

That feeling when people fail to realize that this is based off of extensive research in 1v1 match-ups.

Message 13 of 26 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Sweet Tooth lv2 = Radec lv1
Message 14 of 26 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

It really is! The biggest difference is that Sweet Tooth stands still long enough to get kiled by someone elses super! lol

Message 15 of 26 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Fact: 95% of people here don't know how a tier list  works.

Radec vs Prappa is cleary in Radecs favor. But does that mean he will win every fight he is in? No. It just means that he has a better chance of wining

Tier list is not about who is better than who(Sometimes thats not the case) but its about who has the better matchups

Take Smash Bros for an Example.

Fox has the most advange matchups against the whole cast. Does that mean he will win every match? no. Peach iirc won Apx 2012. 

People just don't know how Tiers work

http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 16 of 26 (139 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

Illuvial wrote:

I just lost a ton of hope in this board... A ton...

YOu all just talked out of your **bleep** like a bunch of amatuers that don't know anything about the game. Even the one guy who had something to back his statement up was beyond wrong. But whatever, if you guys and gals don't want to formulate sophisticated opinions then fine, go ahead.

What the hell did you expect from this board? Have you seen the threads and general stupidity posted here?

Also, I find it funny you ask for sophisticated opinions, yet you don't even know how **bleep** matchups work. How are you determining these ridiculous numbers? Usually, matchups are determined by if two evenly matched players played 10 games, the likely resulting score from the set is the matchup. Thus, the ST/Kratos matchup would be 9-1 Kratos' favor (beyond wrong but just using your matchup as an example). You call everyone "a bunch of amatuers that don't know anything about the game" yet you rank ST bottom tier, how ironic. ST has a reliable hitconfirm into level 1, something only one other character has in the beta (FP). This is HUGE.

Illuvial wrote:

That feeling when people fail to realize that this is based off of extensive research in 1v1 match-ups.

LMFAO. What the **bleep** are you talking about? How can you even "research" that when there's no possible way of playing a 1v1 besides two other players lagging out/quiting/idling? So you played a 2v2 where both partners were fighting seperate 1v1s for a good 10 seconds, EXTENSIVE RESEARCH. I'm assuming this is why you put Radec-Parappa as 75-25 because you don't know that in obvious theory (yes, THEORY, no non-existent research) that in a 1v1 setting, Radec wouldn't be able to do **bleep** about Parappa rushdown and your deduction of how he "spaces too well" in this matchup is probably based off of your experiences of getting scrubbed out by sniper/roll-happy Radecs in FFA.

Message 17 of 26 (121 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Who cares about tiers? Just pick your best character & play,simple as that.

Sly: Not a problem because ya know...
Bently: Don't say it!
Sly: That's how I roll!

Message 18 of 26 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 30, 2012

SonicFanDj wrote:

Who cares about tiers? Just pick your best character & play,simple as that.

I agree with this man! Who really cares about tiers but tourney players that like to find all of the exploits in a game?  These people don't play for fun and they are not the majority.  The rest of us play to have fun.  

Message 19 of 26 (106 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Can we really determine a tier list yet when you didn't even have 1v1 matchups with to equal skill players yet. Besides I think some characters have better matchups than what you said, take PaRappa and Radec for example, you put him way lower than Radec because Radec has a mean zoning game, but PaRappa possibly has some of the best rushdown in the game. It would most likely be 50:50 in this case, but am not certain since I doubt we know everything about the characters yet. Maybe after the game comes out and maybe after 2-3 months, we can have a tier list, but even then I bet it will be really subjective since this is a game trying to be as balanced as possible.
Message 20 of 26 (102 Views)