Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: My opinion about future characters...

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

The problem with games like Ape Escape and Parappa is that you haven't seen them for a long time now.  Ape Escape was one of my series that I grew up with and knew who Spike was when I saw him. Its just the the PS gamers are very diverse. A while ago I listed some Sony franchises and most of the people didn't knew who they were. Sony does a bad job of some of thier old good franchises by letting them die.

Also more levels are needed, i'm getting bored choosing the same stages over and over again. :/

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 11 of 34 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Lasaphlon wrote:
My list isn't half the size of some that I've seen. As for why people do it, it's something to do, and it let's SB know what we want. They said before that DLC will be driven primarily by fan demand. As for the FF rep, I'm still against it, but if they absolutely must use one from FF7, I'd pick Sephiroth. He's just a heck of a lot more interesting than Cloud. And, of course I'd rather have a character from pretty much any other FF, anyhow, 10-13 aside. Beatrix or Freya might actually be cool. If identifiability is the most important factor, then why the heck did they use Spike? I like him and all, but I had no clue who he was. My brother has been a gamer all his life, and he's never even heard of PaRappa. Identifiability is highly subjective. Also, say what you want; there's one point no one can argue: the game needs more stages. We do random, and we got Alden's Tower literally 3 times in a row. Blaaah. Also, better randomization, apparently.

Sephiroth pretty much became a resolute cartoon villain once he discovered his origin/purpose.

Not to say he's not interesting, but Cloud spent the entirety of the game figuring out who he was. (Physically and mentally) The only thing delaying him on his quest was his inner notion of heroism, stopping to help people inside and outside of his party along the way. He also wasn't some prophesized RPG leader like Commander Shepard, it was something he was forced into by his peers.

Every protagonist in VII was beaten down in their own life, some sort of troubled past or unfulfilled desire haunted them. And yet they all found comfort in following someone who lost everything, well... almost everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 12 of 34 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I've heard of all of them, at least, but I haven't played about half the games. You said it, Playstation people are diverse (unlike those Nintendo people...). As such, we should continue to expand the roster to represent that diversity! I'm much happier to buy any meaningful additions to this game (characters, stages) than I would be to buy a sequel. Yeah, there's problems with the game's infrastructure, but that can all be worked out. These days, there's no reason for a game like this to have sequels. We measured, and there's room on the character select for 16 more characters, 18 if random is assigned to a button. That's without resizing, only overtaking the blue star bits on either end. I, for one, hope they take advantage of this.
Message 13 of 34 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Lasaphlon wrote:
I've heard of all of them, at least, but I haven't played about half the games. You said it, Playstation people are diverse (unlike those Nintendo people...). As such, we should continue to expand the roster to represent that diversity! I'm much happier to buy any meaningful additions to this game (characters, stages) than I would be to buy a sequel. Yeah, there's problems with the game's infrastructure, but that can all be worked out. These days, there's no reason for a game like this to have sequels. We measured, and there's room on the character select for 16 more characters, 18 if random is assigned to a button. That's without resizing, only overtaking the blue star bits on either end. I, for one, hope they take advantage of this.

i honestly hope they just keep pumping out DLC instead of a new game too.  With the ability for DLC and patches, there's not even any reason for sequels to come out anymore haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 34 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

I have this sorta neat idea with Jen from Primal. I kinda see her fighting in her demon forms with each form she's in giving her unique properties. Her square attacks would put her in Ferai form and would give her a higher double-jump (in the game, Ferai form allows Jen to jump up ledges she couldn't normally reach). Her triangle attacks would put her in Djinn form and her attacks would be armored (Djinn aren't incredibly special in Primal, so I decided to make something out of their metal skin). Her circle attacks would put her in Wraith form and give her a dodge roll that covers more distance (Wraith have a time shift ability, which allows them to slow time and appear to move faster). A dodge roll that covers more distance might sound like a bit much, but when you consider that most dodge rolls put characters in close combo range, it makes it best used for escape. Her level 1 could be her pulling Scree out of a summoning stone, and Scree kills anyone he runs into. If it's done at the edge of a platform, he can cover more distance. I see her level 2 also taking advantage of her current demon form (yeah, three different level 2s). Her Ferai form gives her gives her a spinning claw move that kills anyone she slashes (think Raiden's level 1 meets Parappa's level 2). Based it off one of her Ferai combat moves in the game. Her Djinn form could be an AOE move where she shoves her greatsword into the ground and causes a large debris explosion around her. Nothing like this move happened in the game, but the Djinn don't really give me much to work with. Her Wraith form could have an orb surround her and slow down anyone inside it, making easier one-hit kills. Her level 3... I haven't exactly figured out.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I loved Primal, but at the time I played it, it was just too stinkin' hard for me. But I agree, she would have a deserving place in the cast, and I like your ideas for her. You're missing a (useless) form, though! Perhaps that could be the 3: it just drowns people?
Message 16 of 34 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Im so tired of people requesting characters for the sake of being on a playstation console.
Message 17 of 34 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Lasaphlon wrote:
I loved Primal, but at the time I played it, it was just too stinkin' hard for me. But I agree, she would have a deserving place in the cast, and I like your ideas for her. You're missing a (useless) form, though! Perhaps that could be the 3: it just drowns people?

I was thinking the Undine form would be used as her swimming sprite, sorta like how Sly always paddles in a tub. I also had this idea of her Undine form being a level 3, where she floods the stage and uses her long reaching energy tentacles to attack them for insta-kills, but thought the idea was too similar to Big Daddy's level 3.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 34 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Dec 17, 2012
who cares aveline
big daddy is neither exc or dmc
Message 19 of 34 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 17, 2012

PaypayTR wrote:
who cares aveline
big daddy is neither exc or dmc

Don't be mean.
fdg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 20 of 34 (76 Views)
0 Likes