Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
240 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
@red_ring

Okayyy sooo

Online proves an imbalance.

 

Compeition inherently proves an imbalance. Name a fighting game that doesn't inherently have glaringly amazing characters and glaringly flawed characters. Regardless of engine, it's the nature of comparison. You have a win condition and characters who achieve that win condition more efficiently are better, period. This game is no more imbalanced than any other fighter, and you should feel lucky that at the very least 65% of the cast have setups that work in the current metagame.

 

That metagame will shift, it already has shifted for the top players. I play FPs who avoid my giga punch and up throw setups all the time, so I'm forced to bait the empty jump or roll to land a raw level 1, which is exactly what Gale is suggesting anyway. I don't get hit by level 1's in 1 on 1 unless I'm baited into dropping my guard on the floor (which considering giga punch needs to be charged, is actually a huge opening in which to get hit).

 

This system does not prove a glaring imbalance and you have yet to prove otherwise.

Message 81 of 162 (106 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
240 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

Nariko has no confirms, only setups. As a result, people know how to avoid her setups. As a result, she gets no kills worth a **bleep** on anyone with half a brain to roll toward her when they hear the super activate. Ask Nariko mains how fun that is.


Nariko is a very large exception, you have to admit.


She wouldn't be, with your suggestions.


Blame the game design. Not my arguements.


Re-read, please.

Message 82 of 162 (104 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
4120 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

CalDW19940 wrote:
@khknight See that's where you're still wrong, all 3 of Sir Daniels are horrible. Sweet Tooth has a meh level 1 and a horrible level 2 and his level 3 is very easy to dodge, Heihachi's level 1 and 2 are both horrible though his level 2 is partly down to the AI making Kuma do stupid things and his level 3 in general isn't that impressive beyond at least gaurenteeing 1 kill. All 3 of Kratos' supers are unimpressive with not one standing out as being any way good to make up for the rest.

In fact most level 2's are easily stopped by a lot of characters who have good level 1's. Big Daddy, Fat Princess, Nariko, PaRappa and so on can all be killed by the previously mentioned good level 1's like Ratchet and Sly's.

you're only pointing out the obvious flawed supers, those are mistakes  just  like the hit confirms.

 

if the game had balanced supers and no hit confirms like super bot intended, then the game would be perfect.

 

there close too, they only need to balance a few characters, its not like the have to re write the enitre coding for the game.

Message 83 of 162 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/07/2010
Offline
1169 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013
@GaleDaWindMasta You can't simply say something needs fixed then give absolutely zero argument as to how a better solution is resolved.

If you managed to come up with a more balanced solution and agrument as to how completely removing them 100% would be balanced for all characters then your argument would have more weight but simply going "The devs will figure it out" has no merit.

Message 84 of 162 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2012
Offline
2454 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013
@red_king
'nariko has no confirms'

Wrong! I have 2 friends I regularly play with that main nariko and have there character at 999 they have BOTH told me that she has a level 1 confirm as long as you can tell the distance of the TnT/fireworks from your character.

Hitting the opponent with the flying disc and following it up with a level 1 is a confirmed kill. I played with one today and he got 5 gives on stock with just the level 1's so I have clearly seen it
Message 85 of 162 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
3293 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013
^


this is me helping
Message 86 of 162 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
240 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
@red_king
'nariko has no confirms'

Wrong! I have 2 friends I regularly play with that main nariko and have there character at 999 they have BOTH told me that she has a level 1 confirm as long as you can tell the distance of the TnT/fireworks from your character.

Hitting the opponent with the flying disc and following it up with a level 1 is a confirmed kill. I played with one today and he got 5 gives on stock with just the level 1's so I have clearly seen it

You have to JC a disc throw at the right distance and timing to land a confirmed kill. Now I play either long or close range and I jump any time I see your disc wind up, exactly how are you going to set up that kill?

Message 87 of 162 (95 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/24/2008
Offline
207 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlueEeq6tIc&list=UUE4cbeDPnTtu8JJ49-KH0xw&index=14

SIR DANIEL HIT CONFIRMS OVER 3 **bleep**

stop crying about you being so god **bleep** bad please im tired of it hit confirms are intented and you need to learn them or stop crying there needs to be balance tweaks here and there but you are just being a sore loser.

Learn to fight
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/prologue.html
Message 88 of 162 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/07/2010
Offline
1169 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013
@khknight Yes they would, removing all hit confirms first of all would change EVERY characters AP burst combos since ALL of them require at least one stun or crumple at some stage. How do you suppose they go about fixing that?

Secondly even if they remove the crumple some characters will still be able to land them due to hit stun or juggling an opponent, removing those or increasing recovery so that by the time they can use a super it will be neutral would make dozens of moves insanly unsafe on block so players would simply just start turtling all game with waiting for an unsafe move being one of the few ways to land a super.

Next you'd then have to change the frame data for ALL the supers, in fact some would need to be completely redone entirely in order to make them alll balanced. If Heihachi's was going to compete with Ratchets theyed need to make him create 4 colums of flame out infront of him like some Dragonball Z style attack just so it is equal to Ratchets in terms of range and how practical it is.

If you believe I'm wrong on this then please explain in full how you think wou could balance out the entire game's combo system, move properties and super properties to be balanced without ANY character being able to hit confirm even ONE super?
Message 89 of 162 (80 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2012
Offline
2454 posts
 

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013
@red_king

I never once compared this game to another or like another so from what i read you wrote i don't have to prove anything.

And in my own opinion i wouldn't say that this is like any other fighter. I couldn't compare 1 single playstation fighting game that's anything like it

And i asked you why the word 'imbalance' was wrong i didn't want a lecture about the game
Message 90 of 162 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes