Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
587 posts

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013

CalDW19940 wrote:

@GateDaWindMasta Yet you still haven't given a proper argument for how it would be fairer to remove them in general when characters like Heihachi and Spike have incredibly impractical level 1 supers if they can't hit confirm them yet you are perfectly fine with that when at the same time Ratchet and Sly have incredibly good supers on their own without NEEDING to hit confirm them.

If they removed hit confirms theyed have to buff half the casts' level 1's to be on par with one another which would mean increasing, speed, range or how long they last.

Then let them do that. I don't have the mental strength right now with all this arguing to come up with what you want. I can admit that. 

Does Spike even have a practical kill confirm? The best way I know of to land his supers is to short hop and use his down air triangle, then try to land it. It's pretty easy to mess up, though, since the shock doesn't last long and his Super has a considerable wind-up.

Message 51 of 162 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jan 1, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
parappa, Toro and spike are suppose to have kill confirms for there level 3, rare to see em online though and when you do they rarely aim for level 3.

But others get it at level 1.... To me online proves there's an imbalance

Thats not what imbalance means.

Message 52 of 162 (118 Views)
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Jan 1, 2013

CalDW19940 wrote:

@khknight Alright here's a scenario for you.

Hit confirms are completely removed from the game. All supers are left exactly the same also.

Now you tell me how a character like Heihachi or Spike who have such short ranged level 1's that are easily stopped and don't last very long "setup" a level 1 as easily as someone like Ratchet who has a long lasting, longer range level 1 that's easy to "setup" and lasts longer?

Are you trying to say that a Heihachi player who actually manages to get in close on someone like Ratchet hit confirms his level 1 takes less skill or ability than of Ratchet merely set up his level 1 from a comfortable distance where Heihachi can't touch him?

Hit confirms are good for characters who have bad less practical supers to balance them out with characters who have much more practical supers in general.

What isn't good is if soome characters have a bad super ontop of bad setups and hit confirms like Big Daddy yet another character can have about 5 or 6 hit confirms for multiple situations to land their already good level 1 like Raiden. There needs to be a middle ground for balance.

heres the problem with your logic

you're saying  kill confirms balances out the good and bad level 1s

False

the characters level 2 and 3s are suppose to balance out the good and bad level 1s

thats the whole figging reason why have them in the first place.

did I blow mimd yet? cause i should of. Hit confirms are an EXPLOITABLE MISTAKE created by SBs bad design

Message 53 of 162 (116 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:

I mean, how do you really fix the hit confirms? remove crumpling and stunning from the game all together? That would seriously change the game!

I in no way have a practical solution in mind. Hopefully, SuperBot will see this as myself and other do and can have a team come together and figure out a solution.

Considering you're the very vocal minority, likely not.

In that case, wouldn't the very vocal majority that defended Sackboy kept him from being nerfed?

Message 54 of 162 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:

I mean, how do you really fix the hit confirms? remove crumpling and stunning from the game all together? That would seriously change the game!

I in no way have a practical solution in mind. Hopefully, SuperBot will see this as myself and other do and can have a team come together and figure out a solution.

In that case, wouldn't the very vocal majority that defended Sackboy kept him from being nerfed?

As far as i can tell, there is no majority or minority.

this forum is split almost evenly on this subject

Message 55 of 162 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

I'm fine with them being in the game it's up to you to adapt and avoid them, but at the same time I think every character should have at least 1 I don't see how it's fair that some have them while others don't. The argument that people like Spike and Heihachi to me is inadmissible imo just because their level 1 supers may not be as good as someone's like say Sly I don't think that they should be entitled to have a hit confirm into and that Sly shouldn't be entitled to one based on who has the better super.

Message 56 of 162 (107 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

simplegary wrote:

@ GaleDaWindMaster

Yes, if everyone just adapted then there would be no problem. This reminds me of X-Factor in MvC. You could create easy unblockable setups, touch of death combos, and chip opponents to death with ease. Wanna know how MvC players got around it? They adapted and accepted it as a part of the game. If Superbot does indeed see confirms as a big issue, then they'll eventually handle it accordingly.Even so, they probably would've done something by now considering Omar lost to Clockwork who used confirms in that one match. For now, just deal with it and work around it. 

Patch

Buff

Nerf

Adapt

Off topic:  

Also, what game is your avatar from?

I'm dealing with it and working around it just fine. It doesn't prevent it from being an issue that impacts the game.

My avatar is Scias. A talking, drinking, samurai dog that's from Breath of Fire IV. Very good RPG for the PS1, I would say.

Message 57 of 162 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:

The nerf was planned before the game was released, there was no input after the game came out that would have changed a thing at first. That said, if the vocal majority can empirically prove that Sackboy is no longer viable (which is not the case), of course they'd reverse it, if even partially. That's why they said the nerf wasn't set in stone.

Message 58 of 162 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8573 posts

Jan 1, 2013
simplegary nailed it with adaptability.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Message 59 of 162 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

I'm sick and tired if people saying adapt. I can adapt, but that DOSE NOT make the game good or better.

a bad will still be a bad game.

Message 60 of 162 (82 Views)
0 Likes