Wastelander
587 posts

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013

simplegary wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Samokoske wrote:
Sorry OP.... no. Just... the answer is no. It's a rediculous loaded question, and it would he dumber of us to answer that.... so no.

Such is your refusal to accept that it is a broken mechanic.

Adapting is apparently a broken mechanic as well.

Goodness me . . . I can adapt and avoid kill confirms well enough. It still doesn't make them alright.

Message 41 of 162 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

That's a joke, right? Your viewpoint inherently is not objective, you didn't create the game and whether or not confirms into level 1 were intended (which you cannot state with any knowledge whatsoever), you definitely aren't in the place to state that they are a flaw objectively.

I'm not in a place to look at this game objectively just because I didn't create it?

Well, hell. I wonder why critics have careers, then.

Message 42 of 162 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

"Aylas_Hero wrote:

So I ask this, if everyone had a discovered hit confirm for their level one, would they be okay then?

No, the game would be garbage. People who do kill confirms are garbage and make the game not fun.

Kill SET UPS( something where you have time to escape) are acceptable and fair, its what superbot intended for the game have.

kill combos(combo=something you can't escape until it ends) is broken bs that makes the game repetitive and boring."

Radical statement comming (I do these often)

I submit to the forum that ALL fighting games when played at high levels are repetitive and boring.

No matter what you try to do, or change about this game, there will always be that one stronger character. or that one super that's too good. Or that one combo that isn't fair.

There is a point where we must accept the level of unfairness and deal with it.

I'm not saying that is now, but there will come a point where characters and moves don't get patches anymore.

The only 100% balanced fighting game would have two characters with the same moves. And that would be even more boring.

Now, to the comment about playing Brawl instead; while a little snarky, raises a point.

Watch some high level tournaments from Clash Tournaments.

Look at their tier list.

Let's say they fix Meta Knight so he isn't as strong (Sack Boy coughcough) But now Olimar is the best! He's winning against everyone! So we fix Olimar... (Kratos, or Raiden or what have you) and it goes on and on!

I mean, how do you really fix the hit confirms? remove crumpling and stunning from the game all together? That would seriously change the game!

TLDR: By eliminating hit confirms because they are unfair for some characters, you make the game unfair for other characters instead, not really solving the problem.

Message 43 of 162 (126 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

CalDW19940 wrote:
@Astroking112 It's essentially being able to get a super to hit a character after hitting them with a regular attack. Some characters like Heihachi need it because normally his super is just too impractical to just throw out like Sly or Ratchets.

What they are really complaining about is how some characters have about 5 or 6 relitivly easy ways to do it ontop of having a good super but some characters don't have any at all and have a sucky super on top of that.

I'm actually against them as a whole. I personally don't want them in at all. Though kill confirms off of walls acceptable in my mind.

Message 44 of 162 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Considering I am a critic, there's a difference between a mechanic you don't like, a mechanic you don't think operates correctly, and a mechanic that you can accurately state is straight up flawed. Secondly, critics aren't paid to give you an objective opinion, they're paid to give you their view of the game and at no point does it ever state that their viewpoint should be taken as god's honest objective truth. You have the a mechanic you don't like, it obviously works properly as it isn't a glitch, and you can't state with any certainty that it's flawed. Your viewpoint is not objective inherently because you're not just stating facts, you're negatively skewing things to attempt to back up your viewpoint. It's not objective and this isn't the type of discussion you want to turn this topic into.

You don't  like it, we get it.

Message 45 of 162 (120 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

@GateDaWindMasta Yet you still haven't given a proper argument for how it would be fairer to remove them in general when characters like Heihachi and Spike have incredibly impractical level 1 supers if they can't hit confirm them yet you are perfectly fine with that when at the same time Ratchet and Sly have incredibly good supers on their own without NEEDING to hit confirm them.

If they removed hit confirms theyed have to buff half the casts' level 1's to be on par with one another which would mean increasing, speed, range or how long they last.

Message 46 of 162 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

I mean, how do you really fix the hit confirms? remove crumpling and stunning from the game all together? That would seriously change the game!

I in no way have a practical solution in mind. Hopefully, SuperBot will see this as myself and other do and can have a team come together and figure out a solution.

Message 47 of 162 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:

I in no way have a practical solution in mind. Hopefully, SuperBot will see this as myself and other do and can have a team come together and figure out a solution.

Considering you're the very vocal minority, likely not.

Message 48 of 162 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jan 1, 2013

@ GaleDaWindMaster

Yes, if everyone just adapted then there would be no problem. This reminds me of X-Factor in MvC. You could create easy unblockable setups, touch of death combos, and chip opponents to death with ease. Wanna know how MvC players got around it? They adapted and accepted it as a part of the game. If Superbot does indeed see confirms as a big issue, then they'll eventually handle it accordingly.Even so, they probably would've done something by now considering Omar lost to Clockwork who used confirms in that one match. For now, just deal with it and work around it. 

Patch

Buff

Nerf

Adapt

Off topic:  

Also, what game is your avatar from?

Message 49 of 162 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 1, 2013
parappa, Toro and spike are suppose to have kill confirms for there level 3, rare to see em online though and when you do they rarely aim for level 3.

But others get it at level 1.... To me online proves there's an imbalance
Message 50 of 162 (87 Views)
0 Likes