Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013
Why are people so lazy to write back instead they edit others post I don't wanna read the same thing twices lol
Message 31 of 162 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

Did you seriously attempt to state that my viewpoint is subjective and yours isn't?

While I am biased, I can still look at this objectively and still be able to see that kill confirms are a flaw in game design. It's not that hard to see.

Message 32 of 162 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Samokoske wrote:
Sorry OP.... no. Just... the answer is no. It's a rediculous loaded question, and it would he dumber of us to answer that.... so no.

Such is your refusal to accept that it is a broken mechanic.

Adapting is apparently a broken mechanic as well.

Message 33 of 162 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Jan 1, 2013
If there is absolutely no way to avoid a super, then I think it is a bad idea. I haven't seen any of these 'kill confirms,' but if they are truly inescapable (And not "Sly's Level 1 being impossible to interrupt), then I think that we have a problem.
Message 34 of 162 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jan 1, 2013

That's a joke, right? Your viewpoint inherently is not objective, you didn't create the game and whether or not confirms into level 1 were intended (which you cannot state with any knowledge whatsoever), you definitely aren't in the place to state that they are a flaw objectively.

Message 35 of 162 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

@khknight Alright here's a scenario for you.

Hit confirms are completely removed from the game. All supers are left exactly the same also.

Now you tell me how a character like Heihachi or Spike who have such short ranged level 1's that are easily stopped and don't last very long "setup" a level 1 as easily as someone like Ratchet who has a long lasting, longer range level 1 that's easy to "setup" and lasts longer?

Are you trying to say that a Heihachi player who actually manages to get in close on someone like Ratchet hit confirms his level 1 takes less skill or ability than of Ratchet merely set up his level 1 from a comfortable distance where Heihachi can't touch him?

Hit confirms are good for characters who have bad less practical supers to balance them out with characters who have much more practical supers in general.

What isn't good is if soome characters have a bad super ontop of bad setups and hit confirms like Big Daddy yet another character can have about 5 or 6 hit confirms for multiple situations to land their already good level 1 like Raiden. There needs to be a middle ground for balance.

Message 36 of 162 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

DannyX13 wrote:
Why are people so lazy to write back instead they edit others post I don't wanna read the same thing twices lol

I apologize. I'm kind of mentally tired with all this crap and found it easier to do it that way. Didn't mean to make it inconvenient for people.

Message 37 of 162 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 1, 2013
No, a broken mechanic is when somebody brainfarts along the way amd thinks a 4 drop planeswalker with 3 abilities, one of them costing 0 loyalty counters is a great idea. And then the second guy thinks that brainfart smells like lillies.

Playing locally with no lag is indellible proof that there are hard counters to every tactic. If you can't deal with a hit confirm then don't whine about it, work around it.

Cake is cake. I didn't see how cake spam was a problem then. If you fell for it then you're the **bleep**. Either learn your game or move on.

this is me helping
Message 38 of 162 (90 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jan 1, 2013
@Astroking112 It's essentially being able to get a super to hit a character after hitting them with a regular attack. Some characters like Heihachi need it because normally his super is just too impractical to just throw out like Sly or Ratchets.

What they are really complaining about is how some characters have about 5 or 6 relitivly easy ways to do it ontop of having a good super but some characters don't have any at all and have a sucky super on top of that.
Message 39 of 162 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Ah okay carry on then.
Message 40 of 162 (87 Views)
0 Likes