Fender Bender
3293 posts

Re: My last argument for those who defend the use of kill confirms.

Jan 1, 2013
Rikki. I can compare it to at least 3 fighters. Simultaneously. And they're not all Suoer Smash Bros.

this is me helping
Message 91 of 162 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

Your argument is fallacious because you're using terms that are innacurate to skew perception toward your point of view. "Spamming kill confirms" is called setting up kill combos, it's no more "spam" than any tactic that becomes a bread and butter for the metagame. If you took away the kill confirms into level 1, people would just do the confirms into level 2's. Incidentally every character you're bellyaching about can just as easily do the same thing with their level 2's, and you in turn keep the exact same metagame but slow it down.

Your concept of design is weak at best and if you don't want to play a game where a single move could spell your death, you shouldn't be playing a game where the whole design is "a single move kills you".

And straight up lol at "please leave". You don't get to be petulant because all of two people agree with your boring idea for how the game "should be played".

Tell me how combing into already almost guaranteed kills is beneficial? Calling them setups or not, doing the same move over and over again is called spamming, you can't fight basic knowledge.

Where did Superbot say "a single move kills you" is there design plan? Oh that's right, they said the opposite of that. It's not weak because it forces people to capitalize on others mistakes and make predictions. Say your Jak and Toro comes at you with his oni down triangle air, you can use your super and he'll go into it, that was skill because you predicted and out smarted him.

Okay, your finally folly. He said leave because you showed that you know nothing about this game or Brawl infact. Brawl takes quite a bit of skill and has strategies it does not come down to random attacks and your overall statement is preposterous.

Message 92 of 162 (106 Views)
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 1, 2013
@red_king
I don't care how you play. You said nariko has no kill confirms. And your wrong. Don't give me any b.ull about how you play, what you play or what you would do. Nariko has kill confirm get the f over it
Message 93 of 162 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Jan 1, 2013

CalDW19940 wrote:
@khknight Yes they would, removing all hit confirms first of all would change EVERY characters AP burst combos since ALL of them require at least one stun or crumple at some stage. How do you suppose they go about fixing that?

Secondly even if they remove the crumple some characters will still be able to land them due to hit stun or juggling an opponent, removing those or increasing recovery so that by the time they can use a super it will be neutral would make dozens of moves insanly unsafe on block so players would simply just start turtling all game with waiting for an unsafe move being one of the few ways to land a super.

Next you'd then have to change the frame data for ALL the supers, in fact some would need to be completely redone entirely in order to make them alll balanced. If Heihachi's was going to compete with Ratchets theyed need to make him create 4 colums of flame out infront of him like some Dragonball Z style attack just so it is equal to Ratchets in terms of range and how practical it is.

If you believe I'm wrong on this then please explain in full how you think wou could balance out the entire game's combo system, move properties and super properties to be balanced without ANY character being able to hit confirm even ONE super?

You are WAAAAAAAYYYYYY over exaggeratting dude. 

I gaurantee you that atleast 3/4 of the stuff you listed would not happen if kill confirms were removed

Message 94 of 162 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 1, 2013
@samokose

I said 'I' am I suppose to know every fighting game in history? And funny I thought the supers to kill people was unique but my bad am so sorry that you know more fighting games in exsistance then I do.... Kudos
Message 95 of 162 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Sorry. Then you have either revoked your own speaking liscence, or admitted you were dumb.

this is me helping
Message 96 of 162 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jan 1, 2013
@khknight In what way? How would it not effect combos? How would it not mean changing entire movesets or frame data?
Message 97 of 162 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Hmm... Correct me if I'm wrong but every character has a way to kill confirm their level 1. Yeah, even Radec.

This may sound absurd but I'm throwing it out there. Seriously, if you really want to be taken seriously hop into practice mode and solo with the ai for 10 minutes.

I did this with Raiden and e. cole level 5 AI. Now, I see them more as a challenge instead of a cheap noob. But going back to the original problem. Every character in this game has kill confirmed me, some just better than others.

My last advice is to understand Your opponent. This goes for his entire moveset, his taunts, his level, and how he uses his supers. If you don't understand this then google sun tzu "the art of war"
Message 98 of 162 (87 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Tmxelmo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlueEeq6tIc&list=UUE4cbeDPnTtu8JJ49-KH0xw&index=14

SIR DANIEL HIT CONFIRMS OVER 3 **bleep**

stop crying about you being so god **bleep** bad please im tired of it hit confirms are intented and you need to learn them or stop crying there needs to be balance tweaks here and there but you are just being a sore loser.

ive mained sir daniel and NONE of those are actual hit confirms. They're ar all avoidable by air dodging and doing different wake ups.

if you do a normal wake up then you wiil be hit and it would be your mistake.

but if you do a down wake up or move left and right then you can easily avoid it.

Message 99 of 162 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 1, 2013
@samokoske

Proberly hovis
The best of both!

I couldn't care less am going to wake up and not even remember this convo because I don't give a **bleep** so ya can say what ya want pal
Message 100 of 162 (81 Views)
0 Likes