Nov 11 2012
By: LX_Theo I Only Post Everything 1001 posts

My Wander Moveset

[ Edited ]
7 replies 200 views Edited Nov 11, 2012

I know he almost won't make it into the game, but I will make this nonetheless. 

********Some Spoilers if you haven't beat Shadow of the Colossus********

Basic Desciption

Medium speed, area control style of fighting.

--------- Basic Attacks --------------------

- Square  ->  Sword Slash

Slashes sword, basic attack

^ Square  ->  Upward Sword Stab

Stabs upward to hit any enemies up above

< Square  ->  Sprint Slash

Quickly sprints forward, damaging any of those within the area with a slash

v Square  ->  Sword Twirl

Spins low with sword, hitting anyone in the immediate area

- Triangle  ->  Chargable Arrow

Shoots an arrow. Damage and knockback changes with three levels of charge you can do (stunned if you charge too long)

^ Triangle  ->  Arced Arrow

Shoots arrows upwards and it arcs as gravity would naturally do, allowing for it to hit  larger variety of places with this ranged weapon

< Triangle  ->  Piercing Arrow

Fires a an arrow quickly, shortly stunning those immediately in front of him

v Triangle  ->  Cloak of Deception

Ducks below most attacks and cloaks Wander as invisible

- Circle  ->  Charged Sword Stab

Charges sword stab to one of three levels effecting damage and knockback, will shortly stun if held too long

^ Circle  ->  Upwards, Charged Sword Slash

Charges a slash to one of three levels of damage and knockback, hitting an area of effect above player, and will stun if charged too long

< Circle  ->  Harpoon Throw

A slower startup than arrow, but can hit multiple enemies in its range.

v Circle  ->  Shaman Mask

Ducks down and uses the Shaman Mask. Damage is reduced and knockback is eliminated. Attacking opponent recieves some damage and a quarter of the knockback. Must be timed correctly.

--------- Supers --------------------

Level 1

The mark seen on Colossi shows up in the area in front of Wander. Time slows down for anyone touching the overlayed icon, as Wander stabs through the area, killing those in front of him.

Level 2

Jumps onto Agro and rides across the field of play, automatically attacking and killing anyone who comes across with path with his sword

Level 3

Transforms into Dormin and attacks his opponents.

--------- Costumes --------------------

Corrupted Wander (What he looks like at end of SotC)

Shaman Costume (The robes of the Shaman from the end of SotC)

Message 1 of 8 (200 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Re: My Wander Moveset

Nov 11, 2012
Great moveset
Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 2 of 8 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Nov 11, 2012

I really like your level 1 super, it makes a lot of sense and would work perfectly. I'd throw in a few moves such as the ability to raise his sword and shine it at opponents and maybe some sort of use of the white lizards and the fruit, like throwing fruit at people or setting a lizard along the floor to run quickly, similar to dans green hand move, just to change it up a bit and cut down on the sword moves, but overall, good job, it's certainly a competent moveset most would be happy with, kudos!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 3 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Paramedic293 wrote:

I really like your level 1 super, it makes a lot of sense and would work perfectly. I'd throw in a few moves such as the ability to raise his sword and shine it at opponents and maybe some sort of use of the white lizards and the fruit, like throwing fruit at people or setting a lizard along the floor to run quickly, similar to dans green hand move, just to change it up a bit and cut down on the sword moves, but overall, good job, it's certainly a competent moveset most would be happy with, kudos!

The issues I found with the fruit and lizards were that they have no combat uses in the game or anything. I didn't really think they'd make sense in combat. I'm still not sure if it really fits Wander as a character very well in the ways you described, either. Ultimately, Wander uses essentially exclusively his sword and bow/arrow for combat, so I figured they'd make the most sense to feature. It also made sense, because of that, to make variations like charged attacks that use the sword. I did try to make to make more variation by using as many of the challenge items as I thought would work, like the harpoon, Shaman's mask, and cloak of deception. Shining the sword at opponents make a lot of sense, though.

Message 4 of 8 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Nov 11, 2012
I like this. What about his flash arrow and exploding arrow? And maybe something with the queens sword? While I'm impressed and happy with the list, I'm also really depresses because its a good move set but according to a former from L.A. beatdown, Omar pretty much said team ico ain't having it which I understand.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 5 of 8 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Nov 11, 2012

They should have a SoTC and ICO stage mash-ed together if they don't want a fighter and ruin its artistic integrity. Like what they did in smash for Animal Crossing. The fans wanted a character but Nintendo felt that game has an innocent charm and didn't want to lose it, so they chose to make a stage instead. But then again Team ICO has the say to it since Sony doesn't develop the games just owns the franchise/title.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 6 of 8 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Nov 11, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

They should have a SoTC and ICO stage mash-ed together if they don't want a fighter and ruin its artistic integrity. Like what they did in smash for Animal Crossing. The fans wanted a character but Nintendo felt that game has an innocent charm and didn't want to lose it, so they chose to make a stage instead. But then again Team ICO has the say to it since Sony doesn't develop the games just owns the franchise/title.

Yeah, i can just imagine an ICO stage set at the windmill and a colossus comes in and smashes it all up and attacks the players, with Yorda and ICO running around in the background, would be a great stage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 7 of 8 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Pretty good, but you didn't put enough of his other items in. I made a good one a while back, here it is. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Wander-Move-set/m-p/38377975#U38...

Photobucket
Message 8 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes