Highlighted
Dec 03 2012
By: Tothishot First Son 18 posts

My Tier List

16 replies 1024 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

The characters in each tier are in no particular order as same level skilled players can use them equally as well. This list also reflects (needed)nerfs to Sackboy.

S Tier

Sly Cooper- Best lvl 1 in the game, hard to interrupt and can easily  get 2-3 kills. Stealth sets him apart making him hard to kill

Kratos- Supers are not particularly over powering but gains AP very fast. Chains

Raiden- Combos can be lethal and gain lost of AP. Super lvl 1 and 2 are each top 5 lvl 1's.

Drake- Has great stage control w/ guns and barrels. Lvl 1 super is top 5 best, 2 and 3 supers just mediocre 

A Tier

Ratchet- While the supers are some of the best in game, the lack of melee moves and low range on guns moves him down

Sackboy- The lvl 3 is still OP, however getting there will be hard. Look for more skilled sackboys to master his melee.

Spike- Great mix of range/traps and melee w/ stun batons. lvl 1 and 3 are week. However lvl 2 is board clearing.

Nariko- Ridiculous good combos. lvl 3 super is all worth going for, a reliable lvl 1 keeps her form S tier.

Good Cole- Some good range and melee attacks. lvl 1 is ok, lvl 2 can clear stage. lvl 3 moves too slow to clear most stages twice.

B Tier

Heihachi- Good melee combos but has no range to speak of. lvl 1 is interrupted easily, but lvl 2 is epic, can clear stage twice

Big Daddy- Nice power moves. Plasmid attacks are a pile of **bleep** unfortunately. lvl 1 is hard to aim. lvl 2/3 are easy to avoid

Radec- The beta king falls. No real mid/close range game and can be overwhelmed. Super 1/2 can be dodged but 3 is nice

PaRappa- Nice melee combo moveset. lvl 2 is great and can get whole stage. lack of a useful lvl 1 drops him to B tier

C Tier

Sir Daniel- Decent melee and a few nice utilities. lvl 1 is hard to use but easy to combo into. lvl 2/3 are trash

Sweet Tooth- Has very good utility moves and nice melee moves. lvl 1 is nice and 3 is elite but cumbersome. lvl is pathetic

Evil Cole- Decent range attacks but poor melee. lvl 2 is awful and can be rolled out of. lvl 1 is average

Dante- Should be better, nice midrange moves. lvl 1 is nice  can get 2 easy. lvl 2 and 3 below average

Fat Princess- Wand attacks are nice but no great juggle AP gain moves. lvl 1/2is easily interrupted/dodged. 3 is average

D Tier

Toro- Only the Lou Kang stance is worth using and has little range. lvl 1 is good. 2 is not worth using usually gets 1.

Jak- Melee is weak w/no good AP generating combos. lvl 1/2 is hard to use and is interrupted ez. lvl 3 is hard to get but is ok

Any complaints/comments let me know Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17 (1,024 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Re: My Tier List

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Your tier list and reasons are whack and it looks like you've never played most of the characters. Toro's level 2 is one of the best in the game and easily gets multikills. Dante's level 1 sucks **bleep** unless you can empty cancel reliably. Heihachi has a very easy hit confirm level 1 that is fast and not easily knocked out of. His level 2 sucks **bleep** and is extremely easy to dodge. Nariko doesn't have "ridiculous good combos" as they're easy to get out of. Big D's level 3 is not "easy to avoid." Good and Evil Cole have the same melee attacks and yet you said one was good and one sucked. Not to mention there were so many typos and claims that make it seem like you've never played the character or seen a good one play that your reliability falls.

Although your S list and Jak at the bottom is spot on.

Message 2 of 17 (975 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 3, 2012
i agree with the guy above me. you said all of ratchets supers are good. have you ever tryed his lvl 2 or 3 theyre terrible. also have you ever played with or against radec? Drakes level 2 and 3 are amazing
Message 3 of 17 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

I'm curious... how exactly is it easy to get out of Nariko's combos?? Being as you can;t get out of combos and all. Heihachi can hold people in place for his level 2 also so who's fault is it that it's easy to avoid??? His

Also good cole has WAY different meklee attacks... and by way different I mean one string... crumples people for another string whereas the same one on evil cole knocks them back

Evil Cole can charge his circle making you not want to approach him at all.... full armor leading to either full combo or level 1 super give him melee capabilities until he misses... he has an easy engugh time getting away to recharge

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 4 of 17 (942 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Fat Princess should be in S Tier. And AP Gains she has 100 AP plus combo's which are simple to do. Great at the controlling the game, fast, good range,  stun/crumple moves etc.

"All those moments will be lost..in time...like tears in rain"
Message 5 of 17 (935 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Dec 3, 2012

FroZiiiN wrote:

I'm curious... how exactly is it easy to get out of Nariko's combos?? Being as you can;t get out of combos and all

Her combos aren't "true" combos. When she changes stances to move into something else, there's a slight delay where the opponent can block and roll behind her where she's wide open for an attack. Not saying she doesn't have any "true" combos, it's just when people say she combos ridiculously, they're talking about these infinite ones that go on forever. This is why they're essentially infinite. It's because they're not real combos and thus never hit the combo max thing.

Message 6 of 17 (932 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 3, 2012
ratchet's level 2 and level 3 are pretty good. all these people on the forums keep saying his level 3 sucks so i decided to use it, and it's pretty **bleep** good o-o
Message 7 of 17 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Your Sweet Tooth is way too low and so isn;t our fat princess. No startup on her "assists"??? ya shes good. Radec is better than anyone gives him credit for. Bouncing nades off wals and his down square comboing into his level 1 makes him good. He has unbelievable zoning capabilities and is extremely hard to catch.
PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 8 of 17 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Dude you don;t know what you;re talking about. Her chain grab combos into TRUE 150 AP or more combos...... you;re lacking research sir...... I can link you to a video http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=324&p=4436&hilit=nariko#p4436

Those are the good forums BTW
Message 9 of 17 (920 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Guess I'm D Tier then. I use Toro all the time. And his Level 2 does not suck, you simply use it wrong. I wait until the enemy has bunched up alittle and let it lose. 3 kills all the time. Main reason I use the Level 2 instead of Level 3, I can get it faster with the same amount of kills.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 10 of 17 (891 Views)
0 Likes