Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: My Theory on the Final Boss (Other Theories Welcome).

Jul 20, 2012

It's very likely not going to pertain to any particular IP, and I can guarantee right now that it won't pertain to a 3rd Party IP (no Sephiroth or Cortex, at all).  That being said, I have no clue who would be a good final boss.  Polygon Man wouldn't make much sense, because IIRC he was only in NA advertisements, so nobody from Europe or Japan would have any idea who he is.  Same goes for Butler (as if his Tweet didn't deconfirm him already).  Right now, there's not much that I can think of. 

Mario? Smiley LOL

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 41 of 104 (252 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

^ Nah. We've got to dig deeper.

Wait, I've got it! It's Pong!

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 42 of 104 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Jul 20, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

It's very likely not going to pertain to any particular IP, and I can guarantee right now that it won't pertain to a 3rd Party IP (no Sephiroth or Cortex, at all).  That being said, I have no clue who would be a good final boss.  Polygon Man wouldn't make much sense, because IIRC he was only in NA advertisements, so nobody from Europe or Japan would have any idea who he is.  Same goes for Butler (as if his Tweet didn't deconfirm him already).  Right now, there's not much that I can think of. 

I dont think that Tweet confirmed he not the boss. To me it done the opposite Maybe he is the boss, or is a part of the game

Message 43 of 104 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 20, 2012
I'd love to have Kevin Butler in this game, don't get me wrong, but I can't see him as the final boss. From what I've seen/heard on forums, much of Europe's PS fanbase has no clue who he is, and Japan sure as hell doesn't have so much as an inkling. It will have to be something/someone that is popular among ALL of PlayStation, not just one of the three big markets. Unless we see a huge push of Kevin Butler into Asia/Europe in the next three months, there's almost no feasible way of seeing Butler as the boss, or really at all. Though he's a Chuck Norris of sorts in the US, he's nothing anywhere else.
ecdf9e46
Message 44 of 104 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Jul 20, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I'd love to have Kevin Butler in this game, don't get me wrong, but I can't see him as the final boss. From what I've seen/heard on forums, much of Europe's PS fanbase has no clue who he is, and Japan sure as hell doesn't have so much as an inkling. It will have to be something/someone that is popular among ALL of PlayStation, not just one of the three big markets. Unless we see a huge push of Kevin Butler into Asia/Europe in the next three months, there's almost no feasible way of seeing Butler as the boss, or really at all. Though he's a Chuck Norris of sorts in the US, he's nothing anywhere else.

Im From EU and i know who he is. Mainly because of stuff like E3

Message 45 of 104 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

Jul 20, 2012
It won't be KB, hope he is a DLC character though.Wonder if he would only be for NA though. For me I wouldn't mind Sephiroth as the final boss but maybe if it's someone else I'd love to see him as an end of game tough optional boss like in Kingdom Hearts.
http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 46 of 104 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 20, 2012
You're one of the few then, ian111199, at least from my experience. I've spoken to more European people who knew nothing about him than did. Even the ones that I know that do know of KB have no connection to him. He'd be out of place as final boss for the majority of people that are going to buy this game, even though I personally would love to have it be him.
ecdf9e46
Message 47 of 104 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Jul 20, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
You're one of the few then, ian111199, at least from my experience. I've spoken to more European people who knew nothing about him than did. Even the ones that I know that do know of KB have no connection to him. He'd be out of place as final boss for the majority of people that are going to buy this game, even though I personally would love to have it be him.

He could still be a part of the story or a character

He never going to be big in EU unless playstation try. Throught out the story they could be references to him or maybe a cutscene like a trailer with the character in.

Message 48 of 104 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jul 20, 2012
As long as its not a freaking hand
Message 49 of 104 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jul 20, 2012

ok lets think about it like this

our information
1. characters brought together and confused cause of it
2. it would make alot of sense to sony fans

well one of my ideas was that there was just a whole bunch of sony final bosses for the final boss but lets try to use the information we have there

whooo in sony would bring characters from different games together into confusion and what ever evil purpose? 

Message 50 of 104 (177 Views)
0 Likes