Oct 15 2012
By: Rtbeoh Splicer 66 posts

My Terrible Pre-Order Experience

47 replies 623 views Edited Oct 15, 2012

So I live in the UK and the main game shop over here is called GAME. The prices are normally the premium. the staff doesn't know anything and they're often impoilite. I had the great displeasure of haveing to place my PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale pre order there today as they're the exclusive retailer getting limited edition character covers and the alternate costumes. So I go in and simply ask can I pre order. And the man refuses and asks me if I've ever heard of Smash Bro. He then went on to say that PlayStation All Stars looked rubbish and I should play something else.

1 Why can't he of just let me do what I came to do? 2 Is it right to tell a customer their most anticipated game is rubbish?

I then told the guy that the game is incredibly fun as I've played it twice in beta tests. And then he challenges me. He says "No you can't do that" and stands at the register waiting for an explanation.

1 Why are you questioning your customers? This isn't your buisness 2 Why are you arguing with your customers? 3 Why are you being rude about their taste in video games?

After having to explain myself instead of him just doing as I asked 10 minutes ago he finally places my pre order which he doesn't seem happy about. I don't know why I can't have just placed my pre order, This is the WORST experience I've had in my life simply wanting to buy a game. All I wanted to do was preorder and I was questioned, challenged and insuted. I sincerely wish Superbot had teamed up with another retailer for the promotion. But for now I must keep my head held high as I'm only doing it to support the developers. Thank you for hearing my rant. 

Message 1 of 48 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: My Terrible Pre-Order Experience

Oct 15, 2012

I highly doubt this ever happened.

Message 2 of 48 (617 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Oct 15, 2012

I swear on my own life and that of my family's that this happened. I just finished writing the complaint to the company. Have you ever been to GAME? If you have you know this is what they're like

Message 3 of 48 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
644 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2012

i Don't doubt it. some guy who worked at game stop challenged my dad and me because we like ps3 and he lked 360. the customer is allways **bleep** right.

Message 4 of 48 (589 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Oct 15, 2012

I also asked if they had any new PS3 Super Slims and after the guy said no he said they were pretty rubbish anyway.

Message 5 of 48 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Oct 15, 2012

as a fellow gamestop employee, we NEED preorders we bribe people with free stuff even if it sucks so we can keep our jobs. yeah it sucks but we usually dont give two **bleep** if they preorder something that sucks as long as they preorder. Even if its adventure time or some random crappy 3ds game. So for that guy to fight u for a preorder was pretty retarded

Message 6 of 48 (578 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Oct 15, 2012

GAME in general is pretty retarded

Message 7 of 48 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Dude, if they really did that, you need to talk to the manager about the employee. If he's just as rude as the employee, you need to talk to the corporate to come down to GAME and evaluate them or tell them that they should be fired for being unnecessarily rude to customers and refusing service to a customer without a legitimate reason.
Message 8 of 48 (554 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Oct 15, 2012

He was the manager...

Message 9 of 48 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Yeah then tell the corporate that they need to come evaluate the manager in person or they need to fire him for the reasons I stated earlier.
Message 10 of 48 (530 Views)