Highlighted
Aug 30 2012
By: Gourmeran Lombax Warrior 56 posts

My Proposal: Most of us want to see this game succeed.

30 replies 697 views Edited Aug 30, 2012

Heck, not just succeed but exceed. Exceed and excel. We want this game to be the best it can be. We want there to be a wide fanbase and to see this game used at fighting game tournaments.

SuperBot is not a huge company with funds to spare. They are a tiny development team trying to create one of the biggest forms of Fan Service possible to Playstation gamers.
They have likely had to make some huge decision regarding their budget. Having the new Dante may have saved them a tremendous amount of money allowing them to budget in some additional characters. There is no way that they don't want this game to be the best it can be, and I know they are doing everything in their power to make that so.

Here is my proposal. It consists of a couple of things I would like to see from the community to help us really get hyped in a positive way:

1. Do not assume that Superbot has "slots" for characters. The notion that someone can waste a slot is slightly ridiculous when there is no set number of "slots" to have.

2. If a character is not someone you are familiar with, rather than rant about how your favorite should have been in, take some time to learn about the character and their game history. You may end up finding a new video game love.

3. Talk about this game. Post on Facebook saying something as simple as "Really excited for this game!" with a link to a recent character reveal video. I've started doing this and I've informed at least 5 people about this game who had no idea what it was and are now interested in it. We really can go a long way in extending the fan base for SuperBot, which in turn will make for a better product, and better chances of expansion down the line.

4. Show your support to SuperBot. They have heard from who knows how many people the words "Please try to include Crash". Send them a Twitter or Facebook message simply saying something that really appeals to you. Encouraging words are always important to all people and teams.

5. Above all, just have fun with this process. There's still a lot of time until the game's release. Make some fun hypothetical topics, and make some interesting fake movesets and polls.

We create the hype. We will determine the future of this game.

It's going to be a great ride guys.

Message 1 of 31 (697 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: My Proposal: Most of us want to see this game succeed.

Aug 30, 2012

you I like you 

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 2 of 31 (682 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Nice to see some positive feedback and comments on here.
1328037146845.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 3 of 31 (680 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Aug 30, 2012

its refreshing gives me hope, at least untill the next idiot

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 4 of 31 (674 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

You are an inteligent indivisual, one whose thinking should be mirrored throughout the forum. I thank you for your comments.

Message 5 of 31 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Aug 30, 2012

As Sinclair would say from Bioshock, "You and me Kid, we're goin places." As in, thanks for a positive thread on the topic. lol

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 6 of 31 (635 Views)
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Aug 30, 2012
You're a good person. But it's amazing that these kinds of things even need to be said.
Message 7 of 31 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Aug 30, 2012

this game won't succeed unless it has Crash in it.

End of story, seriously.

Message 8 of 31 (601 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

I'm seriously sick of people saying that is won't succeed if it doesn't a certain character. There are 20+ characters in the game, but without having one, it will mean the death of the game. Its absolutely stupid. The game is made for fans of video games, and if you think it can't handle not having one particular character, you should maybe rethink if you even like video games. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 9 of 31 (594 Views)
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Aug 30, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

this game won't succeed unless it has Crash in it.

End of story, seriously.

afetea

Message 10 of 31 (589 Views)