Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/31/2010
Offline
101 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012

two things need to be said to put this thread in perspective

 

first off you've been trolling this game from the very minute you made that account ( should be easy enough for anyone to verify by looking at your post history )

 

secondly your account has absolutely no trophies listed to it... even though you claim to have played the game... well thats weird isn't it?

Message 11 of 28 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012

achus93again wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
^^not necessarily agreeing with the OP, but I've played plenty of games that were FIRST in their series that had good gameplay and story, I hate seeing that excuse "oh this is the first in their series", my argument is they already know their competition, super smash didn't, their focus should've been be better than super smash bros wii u, not better than super smash bros for the nintendo 64 or whatever it was on..

I've never once played a fighting game with a good story, let alone the first in the series.  (And Brawl's SSE was so polarizing it's not even funny, so I don't want to see people suddenly come out and say it was good.)  This game has some pretty good gameplay, though, that's been agreed upon nearly unanimously by critics (although some draw issue with the Super System).

 

However, and this is something I rarely ever say, you're completely 100% wrong in your last point.  Their focus should've been making a good crossover fighting game to show that they deserved a shot.  They did a great job as far as that goes, and in doing so have forced SSB4 to up its own game (they already did so by signing Namco to develop it since PSAS was announced) and not sit there as the monopoly ruler of this subgenre.


why do you always make so much sense?


ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 12 of 28 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2012
Offline
2405 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
^^not necessarily agreeing with the OP, but I've played plenty of games that were FIRST in their series that had good gameplay and story, I hate seeing that excuse "oh this is the first in their series", my argument is they already know their competition, super smash didn't, their focus should've been be better than super smash bros wii u, not better than super smash bros for the nintendo 64 or whatever it was on..

I've never once played a fighting game with a good story, let alone the first in the series.  (And Brawl's SSE was so polarizing it's not even funny, so I don't want to see people suddenly come out and say it was good.)  This game has some pretty good gameplay, though, that's been agreed upon nearly unanimously by critics (although some draw issue with the Super System).

 

However, and this is something I rarely ever say, you're completely 100% wrong in your last point.  Their focus should've been making a good crossover fighting game to show that they deserved a shot.  They did a great job as far as that goes, and in doing so have forced SSB4 to up its own game (they already did so by signing Namco to develop it since PSAS was announced) and not sit there as the monopoly ruler of this subgenre.


I never said a fighting game. 

how is 100% wrong? i think maybe i just worded it weirdly. unknown_force made the point of it had good gameplay and bad story like the first super smash, thats just a completely weak excuse.  the first super smash shouldn't be what this game is compared to, this game if it has to be compared to anything should be compared to the newest smash, the one being made on the wii u and 3ds.  

Message 13 of 28 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
^^not necessarily agreeing with the OP, but I've played plenty of games that were FIRST in their series that had good gameplay and story, I hate seeing that excuse "oh this is the first in their series", my argument is they already know their competition, super smash didn't, their focus should've been be better than super smash bros wii u, not better than super smash bros for the nintendo 64 or whatever it was on..

I've never once played a fighting game with a good story, let alone the first in the series.  (And Brawl's SSE was so polarizing it's not even funny, so I don't want to see people suddenly come out and say it was good.)  This game has some pretty good gameplay, though, that's been agreed upon nearly unanimously by critics (although some draw issue with the Super System).

 

However, and this is something I rarely ever say, you're completely 100% wrong in your last point.  Their focus should've been making a good crossover fighting game to show that they deserved a shot.  They did a great job as far as that goes, and in doing so have forced SSB4 to up its own game (they already did so by signing Namco to develop it since PSAS was announced) and not sit there as the monopoly ruler of this subgenre.


I never said a fighting game. 

how is 100% wrong? i think maybe i just worded it weirdly. unknown_force made the point of it had good gameplay and bad story like the first super smash, thats just a completely weak excuse.  the first super smash shouldn't be what this game is compared to, this game if it has to be compared to anything should be compared to the newest smash, the one being made on the wii u and 3ds.  


I never said that you said a fighting game.  I'm stating that there has NEVER, EVER, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER been a good story mode in a fighting game.  They normally get an arcade ladder and a small amount of story to them (sound familiar?).  You said they should make it better than SSB4 (which isn't even out yet, so they'd have no idea HOW to), but they shouldn't be even trying to make it better than SSB at all.  These guys are making their own fighting game, and trying to one-up a game that's not even directly competing with them for sales makes no sense.  Their goal was to make a fun brawler for the PS3.  They achieved this.  If anything, SSB4 has more to prove now, as now it's got something that IT has to compete with in addition to metric **bleep**-tons of fan rage about Brawl and things it did.  PSAS beat the hate, now SSB has to retaliate with something fantastic (which they will undoubtedly do).  THEN the competition is on (if it ever has to be truly a competition).

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 14 of 28 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2012
Offline
2405 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
^^not necessarily agreeing with the OP, but I've played plenty of games that were FIRST in their series that had good gameplay and story, I hate seeing that excuse "oh this is the first in their series", my argument is they already know their competition, super smash didn't, their focus should've been be better than super smash bros wii u, not better than super smash bros for the nintendo 64 or whatever it was on..

I've never once played a fighting game with a good story, let alone the first in the series.  (And Brawl's SSE was so polarizing it's not even funny, so I don't want to see people suddenly come out and say it was good.)  This game has some pretty good gameplay, though, that's been agreed upon nearly unanimously by critics (although some draw issue with the Super System).

 

However, and this is something I rarely ever say, you're completely 100% wrong in your last point.  Their focus should've been making a good crossover fighting game to show that they deserved a shot.  They did a great job as far as that goes, and in doing so have forced SSB4 to up its own game (they already did so by signing Namco to develop it since PSAS was announced) and not sit there as the monopoly ruler of this subgenre.


I never said a fighting game. 

how is 100% wrong? i think maybe i just worded it weirdly. unknown_force made the point of it had good gameplay and bad story like the first super smash, thats just a completely weak excuse.  the first super smash shouldn't be what this game is compared to, this game if it has to be compared to anything should be compared to the newest smash, the one being made on the wii u and 3ds.  


I never said that you said a fighting game.  I'm stating that there has NEVER, EVER, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER been a good story mode in a fighting game.  They normally get an arcade ladder and a small amount of story to them (sound familiar?).  You said they should make it better than SSB4 (which isn't even out yet, so they'd have no idea HOW to), but they shouldn't be even trying to make it better than SSB at all.  These guys are making their own fighting game, and trying to one-up a game that's not even directly competing with them for sales makes no sense.  Their goal was to make a fun brawler for the PS3.  They achieved this.  If anything, SSB4 has more to prove now, as now it's got something that IT has to compete with in addition to metric **bleep**-tons of fan rage about Brawl and things it did.  PSAS beat the hate, now SSB has to retaliate with something fantastic (which they will undoubtedly do).  THEN the competition is on (if it ever has to be truly a competition).


they wouldn't have any idea on how to?  it's actually pretty simple on how they'd know to. they look at super smash bros brawl, and they make it way better than that game.   that's how a lot of these other games that come out at the same time do it.  If they've never ever had a good story mode ever, than maybe the could've been the first to do it, they already had perfect characters, and it's not like it would've been that hard.  I bet SSB wii u will be way better than brawl, I bet it'll have more than the 20 characters PSAS has, I bet it will have more balance (no this PSAS is not balanced, its just a fact), and more content. 

their goal to make a good brawling for ps3 wouldn't exist if Super smash bros was never made. Dance central and playstations "everybody dance" is basically the same thing to compare this too, Everybody dance was a complete try to beat the other systems dance game and other systems movement controls, and COMPLETELY missed the mark.... 

Message 15 of 28 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:
they wouldn't have any idea on how to?  it's actually pretty simple on how they'd know to. they look at super smash bros brawl, and they make it way better than that game.   that's how a lot of these other games that come out at the same time do it.  If they've never ever had a good story mode ever, than maybe the could've been the first to do it, they already had perfect characters, and it's not like it would've been that hard.  I bet SSB wii u will be way better than brawl, I bet it'll have more than the 20 characters PSAS has, I bet it will have more balance (no this PSAS is not balanced, its just a fact), and more content. 

their goal to make a good brawling for ps3 wouldn't exist if Super smash bros was never made. Dance central and playstations "everybody dance" is basically the same thing to compare this too, Everybody dance was a complete try to beat the other systems dance game and other systems movement controls, and COMPLETELY missed the mark.... 


You said to make it better than the SSB on the Wii U.  They don't know what Nintendo's planning, so it's not possible; hell, making a more complete game than Brawl, which took nine years of total series development to culminate in, is impossible in three years.  You're essentially complaining that this game, made by just over 50 people total, isn't the single best fighting game ever and saying that SSB4, the FOURTH game in a series that last took around 400 people to develop, is going to be so much better.  Hell, it's obvious that SSB4 will have more than 20 characters, because they have the exact movesets for 35 already done.  Working from scratch, 20 completely unique characters (if you want to split hairs with Cole, make it 19) is not a bad number by any means, considering only one first game in a fighting game series ever before has done that.

 

Also, your opinion on the game's balance doesn't make it fact.  I've seen solid evidence pointing toward one character being unbalanced, and he's getting patched on Tuesday.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 16 of 28 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2012
Offline
2405 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
they wouldn't have any idea on how to?  it's actually pretty simple on how they'd know to. they look at super smash bros brawl, and they make it way better than that game.   that's how a lot of these other games that come out at the same time do it.  If they've never ever had a good story mode ever, than maybe the could've been the first to do it, they already had perfect characters, and it's not like it would've been that hard.  I bet SSB wii u will be way better than brawl, I bet it'll have more than the 20 characters PSAS has, I bet it will have more balance (no this PSAS is not balanced, its just a fact), and more content. 

their goal to make a good brawling for ps3 wouldn't exist if Super smash bros was never made. Dance central and playstations "everybody dance" is basically the same thing to compare this too, Everybody dance was a complete try to beat the other systems dance game and other systems movement controls, and COMPLETELY missed the mark.... 


You said to make it better than the SSB on the Wii U.  They don't know what Nintendo's planning, so it's not possible; hell, making a more complete game than Brawl, which took nine years of total series development to culminate in, is impossible in three years.  You're essentially complaining that this game, made by just over 50 people total, isn't the single best fighting game ever and saying that SSB4, the FOURTH game in a series that last took around 400 people to develop, is going to be so much better.  Hell, it's obvious that SSB4 will have more than 20 characters, because they have the exact movesets for 35 already done.  Working from scratch, 20 completely unique characters (if you want to split hairs with Cole, make it 19) is not a bad number by any means, considering only one first game in a fighting game series ever before has done that.

 

Also, your opinion on the game's balance doesn't make it fact.  I've seen solid evidence pointing toward one character being unbalanced, and he's getting patched on Tuesday.


its not an opinion, all of the supers are completely unbalanced,  sly's level 1 is almost what makes him better than every character in the game, the fact that can you combo into raidens level 1 something superbot said they didn't want in the game, is just stupid, if this game was actually balanced like most fighting games are, they would have put more thought into the supers,  the game is 20% skill, 40% luck and 40% relying on the other 3 players to be able to block eachother's attacks and have some sort of knowledge on how to dodge supers, and ya i keep hearing 1v1 is completely balanced and all that, but if this game was made for 1v1 there would be a 1v1 ranked, and they wouldn't be trying to sell the game as a party game or a brawler, they'd be trying to sell it as a fighitng game.  this game being played competitively is just a joke..this game being played with friends gets bland and boring with the small roster.  and yes the game should've been wokring on being better than the wii u, they've been working on it for 9 years and had a bigger team? maybe Sony should've hired more people and starting make the game a long time before they did. I thought with such a small roster the game would be balanced, but nope.  could not have been more wrong.  if this game wanted to be seperated from SSB then it should've just been a 1v1 fighting game like most of them are.  might be more balanced that way.  

"They don't know nintendo is planning"?!  nintendo is planning on making a sequel better than there last game! that's what they're planning to do, its quite simple considering that's what every game  company seems to do when one of their games sells well and is a good game..

Message 17 of 28 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/01/2012
Offline
28 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012
The arcade is a joke, boring and way too easy on all stars and the final boss is boring, his attacks consist of background hazards from other maps and slamming his head onto the ground. They dropped the ball on that. And I've seen fighting games with great story modes. Mortal Kombat anyone? The Dragon Ball Z series on ps2 also had good story modes.
Message 18 of 28 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2012
Offline
2405 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012
^ya dragon ball z budokai was awesome..
Message 19 of 28 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/01/2012
Offline
28 posts
 

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012
Now do I think the game is fun? Yes but I'm not willing to give them credit when it isn't deserved. And it certainly is deserved in regards to the arcade, The cutscenes were pictures with them talking! That's just awful. And I remember that super smash bros melee had an enjoyable story mode also. It had those fun little side objectives when you were playing story.
Message 20 of 28 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes