Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

Dec 3, 2012
so am i the only one here who is satisfied with the story?
Play For Fun!
Message 21 of 28 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 3, 2012
No one should be playing fighting games for their "story modes"... Go play an actual story driven game if you want story. If you want some pure technically based combat then All Stars, Smash brother and games like Street Fighter are the way to go. The story always feels shoehorned in with Fighters. Also, the only reason Budokai had a decent story mode was because it had like 10 years of Episodes to draw from. Which it did, it didn't create an entire new story.

The game is fun, people are not realising it's only in its third week of life and the Playstation and it's internet access gives Superbot the opportunity to keep things fresh on a constant basis with updates and patches.

I'm a floater, not a fighter.
Message 22 of 28 (99 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 3, 2012
The only fighting game I've ever played that had a good story was Blazblue but that was a HEAVILY complex one with lots of multiple endings and very very character driven. This is a crossover fighter, Marvel vs Capcom and Mortal Kombat vs DC are crossover fighters too and don't have very good storylines either.

Some characters are not in the game due to the IP owners not giving them permission to use them.

The game is going to get a sequel in the future so chances are there will be more IP holders willing to give them the rights to use certain characters for a bigger and better game.
Message 23 of 28 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Ya dragon ball z probably wasn't that hard to make a story for but these characters had stories already written for them basically, they just had to tie them together somehow, It could have been pretty easy really, just saying, I know they didn't make the game for the story, so that doesn't really need to be said, but my favorite parts in this game is when you saw the characters actually interact with eachother. If they make another one of these games, I hope they add either a better story or a Challenge tower thing like mortal kombat, just something to keep people who like playing by themselves happy. I do talk badly about this game a lot, but thats only cause my hopes were too high I guess.. its not a bad game I like it a lot.
Message 24 of 28 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 3, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
they wouldn't have any idea on how to?  it's actually pretty simple on how they'd know to. they look at super smash bros brawl, and they make it way better than that game.   that's how a lot of these other games that come out at the same time do it.  If they've never ever had a good story mode ever, than maybe the could've been the first to do it, they already had perfect characters, and it's not like it would've been that hard.  I bet SSB wii u will be way better than brawl, I bet it'll have more than the 20 characters PSAS has, I bet it will have more balance (no this PSAS is not balanced, its just a fact), and more content. 

their goal to make a good brawling for ps3 wouldn't exist if Super smash bros was never made. Dance central and playstations "everybody dance" is basically the same thing to compare this too, Everybody dance was a complete try to beat the other systems dance game and other systems movement controls, and COMPLETELY missed the mark.... 

You said to make it better than the SSB on the Wii U.  They don't know what Nintendo's planning, so it's not possible; hell, making a more complete game than Brawl, which took nine years of total series development to culminate in, is impossible in three years.  You're essentially complaining that this game, made by just over 50 people total, isn't the single best fighting game ever and saying that SSB4, the FOURTH game in a series that last took around 400 people to develop, is going to be so much better.  Hell, it's obvious that SSB4 will have more than 20 characters, because they have the exact movesets for 35 already done.  Working from scratch, 20 completely unique characters (if you want to split hairs with Cole, make it 19) is not a bad number by any means, considering only one first game in a fighting game series ever before has done that.

Also, your opinion on the game's balance doesn't make it fact.  I've seen solid evidence pointing toward one character being unbalanced, and he's getting patched on Tuesday.

its not an opinion, all of the supers are completely unbalanced,  sly's level 1 is almost what makes him better than every character in the game, the fact that can you combo into raidens level 1 something superbot said they didn't want in the game, is just stupid, if this game was actually balanced like most fighting games are, they would have put more thought into the supers,  the game is 20% skill, 40% luck and 40% relying on the other 3 players to be able to block eachother's attacks and have some sort of knowledge on how to dodge supers, and ya i keep hearing 1v1 is completely balanced and all that, but if this game was made for 1v1 there would be a 1v1 ranked, and they wouldn't be trying to sell the game as a party game or a brawler, they'd be trying to sell it as a fighitng game.  this game being played competitively is just a joke..this game being played with friends gets bland and boring with the small roster.  and yes the game should've been wokring on being better than the wii u, they've been working on it for 9 years and had a bigger team? maybe Sony should've hired more people and starting make the game a long time before they did. I thought with such a small roster the game would be balanced, but nope.  could not have been more wrong.  if this game wanted to be seperated from SSB then it should've just been a 1v1 fighting game like most of them are.  might be more balanced that way.  

"They don't know nintendo is planning"?!  nintendo is planning on making a sequel better than there last game! that's what they're planning to do, its quite simple considering that's what every game  company seems to do when one of their games sells well and is a good game..

I love the horrible logic in your post.  You sir, take the cake for least educated forumer in quite some time.  You say that the Supers are unbalanced and then only explain why you don't seem to like the concept of Supers in FFA.  I never once see you point out how they add to the 1v1 experience, among other things, because you seem to have only touched FFA.

Also, lol@"They should've made it better than a game that's not out yet because they should've started sooner because Smash started sooner because I said so."  They started the game three years ago, without an engine, from scratch, with a 50 man team built specifically for the game.  They made a pretty **bleep** well balanced crossover game (you can argue this all you want, but you're only talking out of your **bleep** based on what I've seen from you) - and by crossover, I mean the first real crossover of "real" and party fighters.  I don't know where you ever got it into your mind that this game could ever beat a game with a created and modified engine that has had upwards of hundreds of developers working simultaneously for the same amount of time.  The fact that you're comparing everything about this game to a game that hasn't even been shown off yet is ludicrous, and the fact that you act as if this game could've had the foresight to be developed nine years in advance, before the PS3 devkits existed, is hilarious to say the least.  If I went in with the completely unrealistic expectations you seemed to have (going so far as to expect it to be better in one game than the fourth, unreleased game of a high-budget series), I'm sure I'd share similar opinions.  However, when you go in expecting a fun game that stands on its own as a fighter and as a crossover fighter, you're not disappointed by your own monumental hopes.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 25 of 28 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Sniper wolf put you up to this didn't he?

Message 26 of 28 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Shadowmark123 wrote:

Sniper wolf put you up to this didn't he?

Oh his name's not SniperWolf anymore it's Dudedude323232 or something like that. He was also Frenchie666. 

Which basically means he's been making multiple accounts. Ban much?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 28 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 4, 2012
ah sniperwolf, i'm actually starting to miss that guy,
the most laughable troll,
maybe he platinumed the game already Smiley Tongue
Play For Fun!