Highlighted
Dec 03 2012
By: Hero_of_winds Wastelander 640 posts

My Opinion of this game so far...

27 replies 346 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

Sigh... just dissapointed, When this game was first leaked my Pual Gale I was excited and thought this might be able to compete with the Super Smash Brothers Series or Brawl in general. But it ended just exactly like Call Of Duty Black Ops Declassified for the Vita. We were promise a lot but in return so little.

Story Mode for the characters compared to Super Smash Brothers Brawl and worst yet even Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 which was for the PSP is nothing compared to those two. Instead it ends being just like a Call Of Duty Black Ops Declassified, A FAIL!  No story development at all or even Character Development what so ever. The new Dante not swearing? This is a complete joke. 

Some characters are really questionable if they should of been in the game. Like Fat princess, Evil Cole, and Big Daddy. Couldn't they of used those three character slot for Cloud, Crash, and Spyro. This game could of also used some more female characters like Aya Brea who is a first party character.

Multiplayer is where this game at least shines its fun playing online with other people with all the different modes you can chose. But this still doesnt cut it, what about the people who dont have access to enjoy online gameplay. Yet again why this game fails.

Im not going to say this was a waste of my money because i got this game for free, but i will say this game didnt live up to the hype, yet again the hype died when there was the whole Final Fantasy Cloud or Lightning rep, TGS character reveals, and Pual Gale thing. But i will say this game is a waste of money for people who are planning to get it. Its just another Call Of Duty Black Ops Declassified game. Just a complete fail.

photo 2014-07-22-060145.jpg
Message 1 of 28 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Re: My Opinion of this game so far...

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Couldn't they of used those three character slot for Cloud, Crash, and Spyro. T

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

dante photo dante2.png
Message 2 of 28 (341 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 3, 2012
**bleep**
Message 3 of 28 (334 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Hero_of_winds wrote:

Some characters are really questionable if they should of been in the game. Like Fat princess...

...This game could of also used some more female characters

Please...

Message 4 of 28 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Anybody who doesnt have access to the internet at this point probably doesnt have access to a PS3/Vita either.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 5 of 28 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Tamers12345 wrote:

Couldn't they of used those three character slot for Cloud, Crash, and Spyro. T

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

/end thread

Message 6 of 28 (320 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Hero_of_winds wrote:

Sigh... just dissapointed, When this game was first leaked my Pual Gale I was excited and thought this might be able to compete with the Super Smash Brothers Series or Brawl in general. But it ended just exactly like Call Of Duty Black Ops Declassified for the Vita. We were promise a lot but in return so little.

Story Mode for the characters compared to Super Smash Brothers Brawl and worst yet even Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 which was for the PSP is nothing compared to those two. Instead it ends being just like a Call Of Duty Black Ops Declassified, A FAIL!  No story development at all or even Character Development what so ever. The new Dante not swearing? This is a complete joke. 

this is the first of the series(hopefully there will be more) I would think they focused much more on getting the gameplay right rather than the story, you know kind of how super smash bros. was, you know the FIRST game of the series

Some characters are really questionable if they should of been in the game. Like Fat princess, Evil Cole, and Big Daddy. Couldn't they of used those three character slot for Cloud, Crash, and Spyro. This game could of also used some more female characters like Aya Brea who is a first party character.

they can't just choose any character they want, they need permission from those who own the characters, and if they deny it they can't have them, why do you think there are quite a bit of characters from Santa Monica games?

Multiplayer is where this game at least shines its fun playing online with other people with all the different modes you can chose. But this still doesnt cut it, what about the people who dont have access to enjoy online gameplay. Yet again why this game fail

this is a multiplayer game, do you really expect people to buy a multiplayer game for a single player experience

Im not going to say this was a waste of my money because i got this game for free, but i will say this game didnt live up to the hype, yet again the hype died when there was the whole Final Fantasy Cloud or Lightning rep, TGS character reveals, and Pual Gale thing. But i will say this game is a waste of money for people who are planning to get it. Its just another Call Of Duty Black Ops Declassified game. Just a complete fail.

that being said, everyone has their right to an opinion so if you think it's a disappointment, good for you.

Message 7 of 28 (301 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 3, 2012
^^not necessarily agreeing with the OP, but I've played plenty of games that were FIRST in their series that had good gameplay and story, I hate seeing that excuse "oh this is the first in their series", my argument is they already know their competition, super smash didn't, their focus should've been be better than super smash bros wii u, not better than super smash bros for the nintendo 64 or whatever it was on..
Message 8 of 28 (283 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 3, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:
^^not necessarily agreeing with the OP, but I've played plenty of games that were FIRST in their series that had good gameplay and story, I hate seeing that excuse "oh this is the first in their series", my argument is they already know their competition, super smash didn't, their focus should've been be better than super smash bros wii u, not better than super smash bros for the nintendo 64 or whatever it was on..

I've never once played a fighting game with a good story, let alone the first in the series.  (And Brawl's SSE was so polarizing it's not even funny, so I don't want to see people suddenly come out and say it was good.)  This game has some pretty good gameplay, though, that's been agreed upon nearly unanimously by critics (although some draw issue with the Super System).

However, and this is something I rarely ever say, you're completely 100% wrong in your last point.  Their focus should've been making a good crossover fighting game to show that they deserved a shot.  They did a great job as far as that goes, and in doing so have forced SSB4 to up its own game (they already did so by signing Namco to develop it since PSAS was announced) and not sit there as the monopoly ruler of this subgenre.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 9 of 28 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 3, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

I've never once played a fighting game with a good story, let alone the first in the series.  (And Brawl's SSE was so polarizing it's not even funny, so I don't want to see people suddenly come out and say it was good.)  This game has some pretty good gameplay, though, that's been agreed upon nearly unanimously by critics (although some draw issue with the Super System).

However, and this is something I rarely ever say, you're completely 100% wrong in your last point.  Their focus should've been making a good crossover fighting game to show that they deserved a shot.  They did a great job as far as that goes, and in doing so have forced SSB4 to up its own game (they already did so by signing Namco to develop it since PSAS was announced) and not sit there as the monopoly ruler of this subgenre.

why do you always make so much sense?

Play For Fun!
Message 10 of 28 (249 Views)