Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Re: My Opinion of the Voice Acting

Oct 5, 2012

I can somewhat agree with some of those statements, but you really shouldn't bash Daxter for his voice, thats been his voice since Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and its going to stay that way, his voice is so iconic. Without the voice, he isn't even really Daxter.

"Alright, lets blow stuff up!" - Sly Cooper

My Mains: Sly Cooper & Sackboy
My Subs: Ratchet & Clank, Sir Daniel, & Parappa
Message 21 of 24 (145 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

The only ppl who should be disappointed in VA are the fans of Nariko and Jak. Neither of those characters have their original VA. However its 50/50 for Jak VA. But anyway I do believe Jak's OVA (Mike Erwin)is doing him, but its obvious that SB for some reason highly degraded Jak voice, lines & maybe personailty. I dont like their idea of combining pps stories if they have to degrade another character to fit in , because they picked the wrong char. So far it seems like Jak isnt even Jak. His lines & voice are completely off. It was so bad that I had to actually make a video response to it "Lets do it. This is going to be a blast" -That line right there is not something Jak would say. Playstation Move Heroes even got Jak right even though he was still degraded a little because his games out of the trio are violent.... Jak gameplay is messed up to but I can deal with that, but his voice and battle lines I cannot deal with... Its not fair how every other chracter is fine but not Jak. Their treating Jak like his games are rated 10+ like R&C when its not! Its rated teen with cursing and violence. Jak is a badass not softass. 

My only issue with SB is Jak. Im open minded to the gameplay, story, mechanics, but Jak my favorite video game character & game series has been terribly altered.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 22 of 24 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

Fretless94 wrote:

If IGN's wiki and TV Tropes are anything to go by, Spike is voiced by Scott McGregor. His voice actor from Ape Escape 1.

Yeah...he couldn't voice act for **bleep** back then, and he can't voice act now. He hasn't even voiced anyone else since Ape Escape came out.

Wait so its his voice actor from the first one, they managed to get of hold on him too? I thought it was the voice actor from the Ape Escape 2

Upon further research, I've found out it's actually Yuri Lowenthal, not Scott McGregor or Dan Green.

http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
Message 23 of 24 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Kevin Levine actually wrote the script for Big Daddy and Little Sister, so that may be why they actually have something decent to say lol.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 24 of 24 (96 Views)
0 Likes