Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: My Opinion of the Voice Acting

Oct 4, 2012

arrownoir wrote:
Could be better, but amongst the chaos it really doesn't matter
I'm bummed out by the fact Anna Torv isn't doing Nariko's VO (Fringe of course)
and Kratos doesn't say I AM THE GOD OF WAR!! , none shall defy me, i will make you suffer (should have just ported his lines from the begining of GOW II)

I didn't realize that Anna Torv wasn't returning for this game.  That makes me sad...

Also, to the OP, I agree that Fat Princess does sound kinda annoying, but it's freakin Tara Strong!  You gotta love Tara Strong.

And PaRappa's voice is one of my favorites.  I think his voice clips are so funny

Message 11 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Oct 5, 2012

If IGN's wiki and TV Tropes are anything to go by, Spike is voiced by Scott McGregor. His voice actor from Ape Escape 1.

Yeah...he couldn't voice act for **bleep** back then, and he can't voice act now. He hasn't even voiced anyone else since Ape Escape came out.

http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
Message 12 of 24 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Fretless94 wrote:

If IGN's wiki and TV Tropes are anything to go by, Spike is voiced by Scott McGregor. His voice actor from Ape Escape 1.

Yeah...he couldn't voice act for **bleep** back then, and he can't voice act now. He hasn't even voiced anyone else since Ape Escape came out.

Wait so its his voice actor from the first one, they managed to get of hold on him too? I thought it was the voice actor from the Ape Escape 2

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 13 of 24 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Oct 5, 2012
voices seem fine to me, could use some improvements but im not worried...i asked Maj this: "Maj, I have a suggestion…I am a HUGE Sweet Tooth fan and I must say you did an excellent job capturing his essense, all the lines he says in the game are great! I just have to say though, his voice…It sounds a bit off…His voice needs to be a bit deeper, since the voice you guys have for him now doesn’t sound quite right just yet…So do you guys mind touching up his voice to make it a bit deeper? That would make him perfect to me, Thanks!" and got this response: "Can’t promise anything, but i’ll pass along the message. It might’ve already changed from what you heard before. Like i said, an overwhelming amount of sound work typically gets done at the last minute, very close to the deadline."
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 14 of 24 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Didn't realize Nariko's original VA didn't come back. Still sounds good though. You can actually hear her during the combat.

Message 15 of 24 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Guys, honestly you shouldn't be mad (not saying you are) if a characters original VA isn't doing it...they DO have lives you know? they are probably busy
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 16 of 24 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Oct 5, 2012
One of Kratos lines is messed up "Why does Olympus haaate me?" he drags out the a in hate if you listen closely.
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 17 of 24 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Cole quite have you not seen any evil cole gameplay i saw one video of him and evil cole wouldnt shut up haha
Message 18 of 24 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I agree. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 19 of 24 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I can't believe you hate FP's voice. It's Tara **bleep** Strong. It's pretty good and gives FP more of a personality than she had in her game.
Message 20 of 24 (124 Views)
0 Likes