Jan 12 2013
By: TomatoDragon Treasure Hunter 5491 posts

My First and Only Complaint

[ Edited ]
7 replies 289 views Edited Jan 12, 2013

First off...this is my favorite fighting game ever and also the first complaint thread I've made.  But I've gotta admit...the rage quitters are starting to really get to me.  I was in numerous FFA matchs tonight.  Some I sucked and just ended up watching from the sideline...but some it was down to me and one other guy.  But man o man...the host would always quit after he was elimated instead of letting the match play out to the finish.  Even if i had been eliminated, i enjoyed watching the rest of the fight.  So frustrating.  

Message 1 of 8 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: My First and Only Complaint

Jan 12, 2013
I'll be honest, for a while in stock matches I had no idea that exiting after being killed killed the game for everyone and so I actually did that a few times because ya know, it made sense to me, I'm out of the game so I didn't think leaving would actually do anything until someone left a match I was in so since then I never did it again because I don't like to ruin other people's fun, though if for whatever reason you're the first one to die then waiting for the match to end may take some time but in those cases I just turn on a podcast or something.
Message 2 of 8 (277 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5491 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Yeah, I hear ya. If you didn't know any better, than no harm no foul. I'm sure there are others who don't realize also....but there are also those who know exactly what a rage quit will do.

Message 3 of 8 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Its also fun to watch if Im the first one out.
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 4 of 8 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 12, 2013

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
I'll be honest, for a while in stock matches I had no idea that exiting after being killed killed the game for everyone and so I actually did that a few times because ya know, it made sense to me, I'm out of the game so I didn't think leaving would actually do anything until someone left a match I was in so since then I never did it again because I don't like to ruin other people's fun, though if for whatever reason you're the first one to die then waiting for the match to end may take some time but in those cases I just turn on a podcast or something.

Just wondering... On the PSN, is your name something like "DatGuyXXXXXXX" (X's represent numbers of which I don't remember at all).

Because whoever that was was a TERRIBLE Nathan Drake spammer ("Terrible", as in "REALLY-frustrating-Spams-and-traps-me-so-I-cant-move"-terrible) kept spamming, and getting level 3 in no-time-flat. And REALLY pizzed off some players by his EXCESSIVE spamming.

I've never been so pizzed off in my life ahaha! That person gives every Kratos Spammer a run for his money.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 5 of 8 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Nothing you can do about ragequitters. It sucks.
Message 6 of 8 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 12, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
Nothing you can do about ragequitters. It sucks.

Unless superbot adds Host Migration Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

We have had multiple threads on ragequitting.

Here were some of the threads where it was discussed:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Rage-quitting-possible-host-chan...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Why-play-FFA-online/td-p/3913071...

Here was a big discussion with a reagequitter (known to ragequit after the discussion by other members):

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Superbot-fix-the-servers/td-p/39...

Also about people who rage quit (even with host migration added) and their characters getting removed mid game:

Indignation__ wrote:
They shouldn't remove characters. In one game ffa 2 of us got lvl 3s, I got to activate mine after the first 1 but the other 2 players rage quit right before I activated it giving me only 1 target for my level 3 while the first guy had all 3 of us as targets.

If at least one lvl3 was used while there were 3 opponents available and an X amount of players quit/DCed from the game then every other level 3 after the first should have the disconnected players characters available for 1 kill each during the time the level 3 is active. This prevents the first player getting 5+ kills of 3 targets with a level 3 while the next would get less because he/she had less targets for their own level 3, which would have otherwise completely ruined the ranked match.

For me ragequitting is the biggest problem they have followed by lag and glitches like lvl 3s not activating (this has happend to me many times), getting a different character then your chosen one in ranked, ratchet, big daddy and raidens lvl 2s not ending until killed etc... 

Message 8 of 8 (114 Views)
0 Likes