Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: My 25 character roster list:

Jul 27, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

If I may, I'm going to italicize my issues with your character list, and bold slight changes.  I'll add in my replacements under those italicized with bold, as well as add my reasoning for them

-Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

-Goku (Dragon Ball Z) Although I'm a fan of DBZ, I don't think Goku's too deserving.  He'd almsot have to be Saiyan Saga Goku, because having a character that can easily fly wouldn't work too well (Spyro hovering in his fighting stance doesn't really count).  I'd have a character like Dart in this spot, mainly because of the promising moveset.

-Gex (Gex) I never really got into Gex, and from what I've seen he was reviewed as a mediocre series, so I wouldn't personally want him; I'd understand if he got in, though.  I only have a 24 character roster, so I'm going to say nobody takes this spot on my list.

-Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) The one developer's hostile response towards her inclusion in PSAS made it seem like she's not getting in.  I want her in, so I'll say her replacement should be Lara Croft.

-Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)

-Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

-Spyro the Dragon (Spyro the Dragon)

-Kat (Gravity Rush)

-Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) It shuts up Nintendo fanboys, since they don't know that BB IS Snake, essentially, and it also allows for a more melee-based moveset

-Daedalus controlling Chimera (Resistance) Negimafan's idea really made me like the idea.  I was never really against a Resistance rep, but I didn't think we'd get one.  However, imgaining Daedalus with the ability to send out certain types of Chimera would be very unique and pretty fun to play.

-Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim) I never thought of Earthworm Jim, but it could work.

-Rayman (Rayman)

-Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet & Clank)

Those are my comments.

For Goku, they can make his punches just as strong as anyone else's ya know? They can even him out! They can also make him unable to fly to fit in the game! ^^ They've done that before in other games with characters! ^^ It's like people talking about how SackBoy is apparently the size of a teacup, yet in his game, it changes Smiley Tongue 
For Gex, I completely understand :] From what I'd seen, the games of his got incredible reviews! I'd play his games non-stop and his game were on-par with Crash's to me :] Those were my Two favourite PSX series :]
For Snake: I hadn't played many MGS games, but I know he made his debute on the Nintendo. However, he'd been a pretty much full-on PlayStation character since. I take it Big Boss is Snake at some point? I'd only played a few of his games. I like the whole 'melee' thought there! :]

For the Chemira, I'd only played Resistance one and the Vita one Smiley Tongue I take it Daedalus (not the emulator, lol) is a controller of sorts! I'd think that'd be a nice idea! Sort of like Fat princess' minions? :]

For Jim, I know right?!? Nobody thinks about him anymore!! LOL

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 31 of 50 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1476 posts

Jul 27, 2012
the rock XD? thats new, seems weird to add a normal human that can only punch against Magic characters.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 32 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Revenger-cm wrote:
yes i actually like your list, ik ill be playing 15 characters from those 25 guys... but if they added what i have at the end of all my post (signature is it?) then the game would be perfect for me, again i don't like ratchet but i just put it there for a lot of fans liking him, and a good rivalry with jak.

Thank you! :]

I've never played a Ratchet game, as I'd been more into PSX games and I guess you can say, despite me still playing video games, Ratchet, jak and Daxter were 'past my time' Smiley Tongue

I dislike Ratchet a LOT! But I don't think they'll hesitate, adding him, ya know? Smiley Tongue And I agree!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 33 of 50 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Revenger-cm wrote:
the rock XD? thats new, seems weird to add a normal human that can only punch against Magic characters.

LOOOL! And that's why I dislike heihachi! ;P He's just a ... normal martial artist, and I don't like that at all for this game. But to be fair, I'd think he'd offer a more realistic, and different/interesting and unique play option :]

Message 34 of 50 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

If I may, I'm going to italicize my issues with your character list, and bold slight changes.  I'll add in my replacements under those italicized with bold, as well as add my reasoning for them

-Goku (Dragon Ball Z) Although I'm a fan of DBZ, I don't think Goku's too deserving.  He'd almsot have to be Saiyan Saga Goku, because having a character that can easily fly wouldn't work too well (Spyro hovering in his fighting stance doesn't really count).  I'd have a character like Dart in this spot, mainly because of the promising moveset.

-Gex (Gex) I never really got into Gex, and from what I've seen he was reviewed as a mediocre series, so I wouldn't personally want him; I'd understand if he got in, though.  I only have a 24 character roster, so I'm going to say nobody takes this spot on my list.

-Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) The one developer's hostile response towards her inclusion in PSAS made it seem like she's not getting in.  I want her in, so I'll say her replacement should be Lara Croft.

-Kat (Gravity Rush)

-Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) It shuts up Nintendo fanboys, since they don't know that BB IS Snake, essentially, and it also allows for a more melee-based moveset

-Daedalus controlling Chimera (Resistance) Negimafan's idea really made me like the idea.  I was never really against a Resistance rep, but I didn't think we'd get one.  However, imgaining Daedalus with the ability to send out certain types of Chimera would be very unique and pretty fun to play.

-Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim) I never thought of Earthworm Jim, but it could work.

-Rayman (Rayman)

Those are my comments.

For Goku, they can make his punches just as strong as anyone else's ya know? They can even him out! They can also make him unable to fly to fit in the game! ^^ They've done that before in other games with characters! ^^ It's like people talking about how SackBoy is apparently the size of a teacup, yet in his game, it changes Smiley Tongue 
For Gex, I completely understand :] From what I'd seen, the games of his got incredible reviews! I'd play his games non-stop and his game were on-par with Crash's to me :] Those were my Two favourite PSX series :]
For Snake: I hadn't played many MGS games, but I know he made his debute on the Nintendo. However, he'd been a pretty much full-on PlayStation character since. I take it Big Boss is Snake at some point? I'd only played a few of his games. I like the whole 'melee' thought there! :]

For the Chemira, I'd only played Resistance one and the Vita one Smiley Tongue I take it Daedalus (not the emulator, lol) is a controller of sorts! I'd think that'd be a nice idea! Sort of like Fat princess' minions? :]

Solid Snake is a clone of Big Boss, so technically Big Boss is Snake's daddy! Lol

Message 35 of 50 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1476 posts

Jul 27, 2012
yeah, every character, except parappa, they all popular in only the PS3 market, they still haven't add any ps1.ps2 hits.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 36 of 50 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 27, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

-Kat (Gravity Rush)

-Rayman (Rayman)

Those are my comments.

Solid Snake is a clone of Big Boss, so technically Big Boss is Snake's daddy! Lol

SERIOUSLY??! I played MGS 2 and 3 (PS2 ones) and I just skipped the cutscenes, as I was lazy, so naturally I had NO IDEA what was going on LOL! But I'd noticed, in MGS 3, it took place in the 60's was it? Or something like that? And Snake was, ya know, not old! Then MGS 2 happened, and he lost his eye patch somehow and he was still like the same age! I guess that explains a ton! LOL!!

Message 37 of 50 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

Actually, Thirty, Big Boss is Snake's biological father in a way. Big Boss was made infertile by a nuclear bomb testing over [area I forget]. He cloned himself before he died and that became Snake. Or something like that. Big Boss was the Snake from the Vietnam era and before, and Snake was the Snake after that. I think Snake kills him at some point. I've never gotten into the series, but it's something like that.

Edit:  Beat me to it!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 38 of 50 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:

LOOOL! And that's why I dislike heihachi! ;P He's just a ... normal martial artist, and I don't like that at all for this game. But to be fair, I'd think he'd offer a more realistic, and different/interesting and unique play option :]

WWF Smackdown games were PS2 and PSOne exclusive and were amazing. The franchise grew from there.

The Rock would have amazing combos, lol. Or at least put a Chair from those WWE games as an item Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 50 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Alpha-Male22 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:

WWF Smackdown games were PS2 and PSOne exclusive and were amazing. The franchise grew from there.

The Rock would have amazing combos, lol. Or at least put a Chair from those WWE games as an item Smiley Very Happy

I gotcha! And yeah! I played some psx ones like it! (Only Ehrgeiz, hahaha!) Smiley Tongue Good game though! A little bland for today's taste though hahaha!

And LOL!! I see whatchya mean! ;P LOL! 

Message 40 of 50 (46 Views)
0 Likes