Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: My 2 cents on balancing

Oct 21, 2012
Well, maybe Kratos would be alright on vertical stages but not as good as if he's on a horizontal stage. His weakness involves platforms, take lbp/buzz mashup stage for example, players would have many places to be to avoid his super. I think that his homing blasts cannot go through platforms but not sure, even then, it is easily avoidable.
Message 11 of 25 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I disagree. I honestly think he will do better on vertical stages. His level 2 will be fantastic on them, for example. And his level 1 is standalone. It's not going to get 3 kills on a vertical stage, but it will still be great, and regardless of the projectile, his sword still has wide arcs in his level 3.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 12 of 25 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 21, 2012
I don't think balancing should be a factor until the game comes out.
Message 13 of 25 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 21, 2012
i disagree about parappas level 2. its not better than his 3.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 14 of 25 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Oct 21, 2012

@ThatOneGuy

You realize that balancing and bug testing are exactly what betas are FOR, right?

@Stargateheaven: I've managed to rack in 4 kills with his 2. I've heard of 5, even. His 3 can only max out at 3 kills. His 2 is better than his 3.

Fresh to death
Message 15 of 25 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Yes but Omar said it himself they're keeping track of what's going on in each match and that's what's going to allow them to see if any characters need balancing, granted feedback does help to so my mistake.
Message 16 of 25 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Oct 21, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
Yes but Omar said it himself they're keeping track of what's going on in each match and that's what's going to allow them to see if any characters need balancing, granted feedback does help to so my mistake.

Right, I'm not saying that these need to be changed DURING the beta, I'm just saying that these changes should happen at some point. Hopefully before launch.

Fresh to death
Message 17 of 25 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I agree 100% with the OP.

Message 18 of 25 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 21, 2012

OP is full of **bleep**, calling it.

huehuehuehuehue
Message 19 of 25 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

as I've been playing the beta a lot recently, there's some things I've noticed that really need to be fixed. Don't yell at me how the game is perfectly balanced, especially not because I'm attacking your character. I love all of the characters in this beta. Almost all of them have some issues.

Let's start with Kratos. Kratos has the most balancing issues in my eyes. It's one thing to make a character noob-friendly, it's another to make him too easy to use. His range is unchangable, I understand that, but the fact that that range can do long combos and still get AP insanely quickly, while locking potentially all 3 enemies with ease into your combo seems a bit much. His AP gain is just too good. Furthermore, some of his hitboxes are too big. Especially the chain grab. That REALLY shouldn't be a homing move. Make it similar to Parappa. On top of that, it has too big of a hitbox and I've even seen it used twice in a combo. And you may disagree, but I feel that level 3 is a bit too long. I've seen people absolutely whiff it, but I've also seen people absolutely dominate with it. Especially with that homing Circle.

Hot topic #2: Radec. I use Radec. I LIKE Radec. But he's got some flaws to him. The Sniper rifle could use a small debuff, but it doesn't need a huge one. Maybe less knockback. When it comes down to it, it's easy to dodge and block because of it's slower startup. Maybe knock its AP gain down a touch, but it's really not that bad. I feel the rest of his moves are pretty decently balanced. The REAL Radec problem is Radec mentality on average. Most Radecs, as you've no doubt seen, spam the sniper. That gives Radec a bad name.

Sly. I don't like Sly. Just because he harrasses me. But he seems fine except for a few key things. I personally dislike the AP steal, for one. But I guess I can handle that. Not a huge balance steal. His lightning attacks are a bit too easily spammable, in my eyes. Adjust those a tad. The real problem with Sly is still his level 1. As far as what I've seen and even tried, it's not interruptable. You can knock Sly out of it, but Murray still thunderflops. It also comes out really fast. And it, being Murray and all, has a huge hitbox that's hard to avoid. 

Sweet Tooth's a different story. He's a good character, honest. But something about him doesn't quite feel strong enough. His level 1 feels insanely easy to interrupt, but maybe that's me. His level 2 could use a little... something? A lot of his attacks are knockback based and honestly don't put him in a very favorable position. The molotov feels lacking, but again, I could be using it wrong. The stomp also only hits enemies standing on the ground in a really small area, making it terrible in comparison to say, Fat Princesses. Maybe I'm just bad, but for having the heaviest AP gain, it sure takes a while to hit a level 3. But maybe that's a good thing, as his level 3 is absolutely fantastic. 

Parappa's a great character, too. He's almost perfectly balanced. The only one flaw I see with him is that his level 2 is so much better than his level 3. There really is NO reason to go for the level 3 except to show off. I also don't like how Parappa's hassle me all the time :1

Fat Princess also seems like a near perfect balance. Yet again, though, her problem is her level 3. It's the exact same story as Parappa. There's actually one other thing that occured to me. The mage's projectile seems a bit too slow, but again, could be using it wrong.

These are just what I feel. Some of you may feel differently about it. I know what you're thinking, honestly. And I'm tired of the "So and so is OP!" or "So and so is not OP at all!" threads, but this beta does have a few balancing issues. And frankly, that's what a beta's for. I'd love to hear what you guys think. If your reply is "No, you just suck", well, so be it. I'd prefer some honest feedback, though.

i agree kratos chain grab doesnt need to be homeing i enjoy using kratos because he is kratos ive been using parappa alot more though but i do agree kratos needs to eb more balanced a noob friendly character shouldnt be OP he should be easy to use and easy to do his moves.

i agree on radec reduce the knock back of the sniper and lower the AP gain a bit but otherwise the sniper shot is easly avoided

Message 20 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes