Jan 20 2013
By: dabuz18 Hekseville Citizen 238 posts

My 1v1 tier list

33 replies 271 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

Based on personal experience + results + discussion with other high level players. Order matters.

Top tier
Fat Princess: Strong map presence, GREAT AP burst combos and level 1 setups, controls a huge space below her and near her. Has a strong and easy to setup wakeup game. Can play rushdown, zoning, or defensive. Could use a nerf on cooldown between her minions.

Evil Cole: Builds a large amount of AP or gets a kill confirm setup out of most moves. Aggressively zones the opponent with grenades, tether, and his mobility Punch is versatile and amazing at everything. Crazy wakeup game. Could use a nerf on how easy it is to charge up his punch

Raiden: Pure speed, melee, and rushdown, he has multiple ways to approach an opponent. His range on all attacks is really good, along with high priority. Can AP burst out of many hit confirms. Lots of super setups along with the supers being great without a setup. Could use a nerf, Level 1 out of grab shouldn't exist for him, his online lag grab infinite also needs to be removed.

High tier
Good Cole: Very good at being defensive, controlling his space and poking. Builds AP really easily, including an AP burst out of grab. Air confirms are amazing. Ice ball allows him to effectively trade with opponents.

Nathan Drake: Hard to hit because of the barrel. Extremely good supers. Most of his moveset is safe and versatile. Locks opponents in place.

Toro: Huge AP building potential, his stance changes let him mixup well and makes him a hard to predict character. Super versatile. Nice level 1 setup. Tricky to punish moves. Small size makes him less prone to combos than most characters/

Ratchet: BEST camping game period. Once he sets up the Tesla wall, he's gonna stuff a lot of approaches easily. Also out camps other projectile characters. Burp cannon when charged gives him a viable mid range and melee move. Supers are hard to setup against good players meaning oftentimes Ratchet must rely on Level 3.

Kratos: Fast, long range, high priority, safe, high AP building melee attacks. Side square is insanely good in most situations. Has a weak version of most options (approach moves, projectile, counter, ect.). Level 2 and Level 3 are usable.

Sly Cooper: MOBILITY, that teleport makes him great at evading. Counter and barrel are insane moves, lots of high priority moves. Great supers all around, nice wake up game.

Mid Tier:

Sackboy: Small size makes him hard to combo. Creates a wall that is hard to get by, but has slow or predictable projectiles. Very mobile, moderate AP building. Level 3 is riduculous when built up.

Parappa: A worse version of Raiden. Good AP building, fast, effective punishes and good reward for a read. Lots of mobility. Being small makes him harder to combo. Relies on gimmicky level 1 or an extremely useful level 2.

Heihachi: Builds AP surprisingly fast, many melee moves have fast startup and are safe on block. Wavedash lets him slip by projectiles. Only has a couple level 1 combos, but has a few setups. Level 2 is unreliable. Has lots of potential IMO.

Sir Dan: Counters projectiles well because of the shield. Mid range melee moves and good projectiles, especially the axe. Good level 2 combos and low level 2 cost. Slow AP gain. Has a lot of unseen potential IMO.

Sweettooth: Great at melee combat, can't do much vs. range characters. Low costing Level 1, great wakeup game. Mine allows melee space control, forces tech chases. High AP yielding single hit moves. Needs more movement speed so he can approach ranged characters IMO.

Dante: Mid range melee move. Very high risk and very high reward square combo. generally nets him a kill/ AP burst or gets him caught in a kill/ AP burst. Builds great AP out of a grab. Not versatile.

Jak: Hard to hit character due to his mobilty. Very strong at poking, a moveset that makes him able to play safe. AMAZING level 3 and a few good level 2 frame traps. Sadly AP building is the worst in the game.

Low Tier:
Nariko: Definitely a hard to use character because she focuses a lot on mixups and tight frame links. Decent projectile that lets her keep stage control. Builds up AP when she lands a hit, but her combo starter moves are unsafe. Her only good super is level 3, although level 1 has some gimmicky setups. I would buff her in some way, but IDK how.

Spike: Not a terrible moveset, but below par. He has a bit of everything in the form of banana traps, shock cannon, bananarang, charged guard breaker, but nothing stands out for him. Needs a buff in the form of good level 1 setups since his lack of good setups really limits him.

Big Daddy: Um, he has super armor on his moves...that's really all he has going for him. I think a good buff would be more guard breaking moves to compliment the fact that he's supposed to be a scary character up close.

Radec: Bad projectiles, can't create the wall he needs to keep at melee characters, no mobility. I would make the him go much further with his grenade teleport, that would fix a lot of his problems while keeping a unique playstyle.

TL;DR

Fat Princess
Evil Cole
Raiden

High
Good Cole
Nathan Drake
Toro
Ratchet
Kratos
Sly Cooper

Mid
Sackboy
Parappa
Heihachi
Sir Dan
Sweettooth
Dante
Jak

Low
Nariko
Spike
Big Daddy
Radec

psn: dabuz18
Check out my Youtube channel for high level Allstar matches and eventually other video game gameplay. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabuz18/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Message 1 of 34 (271 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Re: My 1v1 tier list

Jan 20, 2013
I for some reason feel a need to defend Sweet Tooth of all people!

Molotov.

With the fire that can gain AP FAST it can force some long range characters to either approach, or move around forcing mistakes where he can approach better.

I'm not saying this skyrockets him up the tier list, but it might move him up slightly.

Message 2 of 34 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Sweet tooth is high for 1v1 and Sackboy should be low.
Sackboy's AP gain is HORRIBLE.
Toro is more of a mid character for 1v1 as his aoe spamming isn't all that effective with limited people to spam on.
Hachi can also be in the high bracket as he has a pretty good level 1 set up and it only costs 100 AP.
Dante can also be moved to high because of his endless combos, which I'm sure people will exploit, and his level 1 setup.
Message 3 of 34 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 20, 2013
You should come play some more 1v1 at Pasta Stadium Leagues!

We have some AMAZING 1v1 Sackboys there. You have to see it to believe it.
Message 4 of 34 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Nariko is in middle
Message 5 of 34 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 20, 2013

This actually seems close to being right, at least for now.  I can agree to most of this, like Radec and Big Daddy at low tier, as well as Sackboy being at the top of mid tier, but for some reason, I feel Spike is a bit low, sure he has some below par moves, but his ap gain make up for it, as well as one of the most level 2 confirms in the game, which isn't heard to build. although do don't know any tournament level Spike's, but he is at least bottom of mid tier IMO. Overall, I feel this is pretty accurate as of now, but we all know this will change in the future, especially with nerfs and buffs that will be here sometime.

Message 6 of 34 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Dude. 1v1 my Sweet Tooth.
Message 7 of 34 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Thanks for the input, the fact that you posted the reason of a character's placement is great, kudos.

I didn't expect fat P to be all the way on top, I thought she'd be somewhere next to good cole.
Message 8 of 34 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

CatatonicAlex wrote:
Sweet tooth is high for 1v1 and Sackboy should be low.
Sackboy's AP gain is HORRIBLE.
Toro is more of a mid character for 1v1 as his aoe spamming isn't all that effective with limited people to spam on.
Hachi can also be in the high bracket as he has a pretty good level 1 set up and it only costs 100 AP.
Dante can also be moved to high because of his endless combos, which I'm sure people will exploit, and his level 1 setup.

Sackboy isn't bad at all. And if you are talking about Heihachi forward square into level 1, that is not a true confirm, and only hits due to online lag. And Dante is so ridiculously unsafe and barely any approach options to make up for his combos, so I like where he is at. I think Toro should stay where he is at and as for Sweet Tooth, eh maybe a bit higher I guess, but not drastically.

Message 9 of 34 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Lag huh..... I must lag in every match against the...... Most use his level two anyways. (ffa)
Message 10 of 34 (209 Views)
0 Likes