Survivor
2494 posts

Re: Movelist for Dart from Legend of Dragoon

Jul 27, 2012
Anytime, Neji! I'm just another person who would love to see Dart in this game. I agree that these types of "one-hit wonders" like Dart and Sir Daniel Fortesque of PlayStation need some more support. Look at Fire Emblem with Smash Bros. It used to be Japan exclusive, but Smash Bros. Melee made the fandom grow west-wide and now the games come worldwide, all due to fan reaction. These characters were once loved and they can be once again if they make it in this game. Dart for PlayStation All-Stars people!
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 21 of 143 (432 Views)
Survivor
2383 posts

Jul 27, 2012

CountMario wrote:
Anytime, Neji! I'm just another person who would love to see Dart in this game. I agree that these types of "one-hit wonders" like Dart and Sir Daniel Fortesque of PlayStation need some more support. Look at Fire Emblem with Smash Bros. It used to be Japan exclusive, but Smash Bros. Melee made the fandom grow west-wide and now the games come worldwide, all due to fan reaction. These characters were once loved and they can be once again if they make it in this game. Dart for PlayStation All-Stars people!

^this^ if dart and sir dan get in and become popular their possibility for a sequel rises

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 22 of 143 (429 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 27, 2012
I actually think Dart has a good chance of getting in this game, it was the most requested ps1 classic for a very very long time, the president of Sony personally worked on LoD and has expressed interest in a sequel and Dart has huge possibilities for a moveset. If Superbot is truly trying to offer unique characters and pay tribute to playstation history than Dart should be guaranteed.
Message 23 of 143 (420 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 27, 2012
I don't want to seem like a downer, but I think you are getting your hopes up a LITTLE too much. Dart's still a one time PS1 character that barely anybody knew before coming to this forum, remember? I'm just saying, I think he has decent chances as a PS1 RPG rep, but not a guarantee if SuperBot "really" cares. I wouldn't even be surprised if Dart was one of those characters that Omar mentioned at Comic Con that turned out to be highly requested after the roster was done, thereby bringing in DLC.
Message 24 of 143 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 27, 2012
I didnt mean to say he was guaranteed but if superbot is actually looking for the criteria I mentioned above he should be. Unfortunately because he has only had one game way back when his chances are low but I dont think they are as low as people think. Not 100% by any means but yea.
Message 25 of 143 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Alright, I think were on the same page. I just didn't want you getting your hopes up too high, that's all. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 143 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 27, 2012

CountMario wrote:
Alright, I think were on the same page. I just didn't want you getting your hopes up too high, that's all. Smiley Happy

Yea haha dont worry, It would be great to see him but there will be a ton of characters I want that wont make it. I really like the roster so far and believe they will make good choices. So far Big Daddy is the only character on the roster I never even considered being in this game when I was making predictions lists back in the day lol

Message 27 of 143 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Aug 11, 2012

So there I was thinking about how awesome it is that Sony renewed the trademark on LoD.

Then I realized that this Move-List might be worthless. Notice how Sweet Tooth has about 7 games going back to 1995 and yet SuperBot took most of their inspiration for his playstyle from Black and the 2012 reboot.

So my move-list, which is focused entirely on classic LoD play will probably get swept aside for whatever it is they're planning to do with the license. This feels bittersweet.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 28 of 143 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Negimafan wrote:

So there I was thinking about how awesome it is that Sony renewed the trademark on LoD.

Then I realized that this Move-List might be worthless. Notice how Sweet Tooth has about 7 games going back to 1995 and yet SuperBot took most of their inspiration for his playstyle from Black and the 2012 reboot.

So my move-list, which is focused entirely on classic LoD play will probably get swept aside for whatever it is they're planning to do with the license. This feels bittersweet.

i doubt it i think they are just preparing for after this game comes out just in case they want to make a new LOD game
he will probably still have a classic moveset Smiley Very Happy

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 29 of 143 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Negimafan wrote:

???? why woukd you even think that? lod hasnt had a rebot yet therefore n9 reason to mess withhis moveset. Really not sure waht wouldmcause you to fell thismway, no offense.

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 30 of 143 (367 Views)
0 Likes