Survivor
2238 posts

Re: Movelist/Unlockables, Dart from Legend of Dragoon

Jul 2, 2013
Now you have 37. Smiley Happy

Sorry I didn't respond to this thread sooner, but yeah, this really is the best moveset thread ever made.

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Message 121 of 143 (746 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Wow, I'm overwhelmed; I never thought I'd get 6 kudos in only a few days (though I certainly have the campaign to thank for that).

Thanks for all the compliments. I'm glad people like it. I didn't notice before, but it looks like this thread has passed its 1-year anniversary since I posted it on the PS Community Forum. I posted it first on Game Faqs, but I still think this is pretty cool.

This time I edited in a "Why Dart deserves to be in PSASBR" section. It's one thing to say "I like this character and think they would work." It's another thing entirely to back them up with hard evidence. I tried my best to make it sound professional.

The sales data is right there, SSM.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 122 of 143 (725 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Jul 3, 2013
If possible we could include that moveset somewhere in the campaign.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 123 of 143 (708 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 5, 2013

fabsta1994 wrote:
If possible we could include that moveset somewhere in the campaign.

How? I mean I'd be honored to help in my own way, but it's a pretty long post. It might be asking a lot to get them to read the whole thing.

Message 124 of 143 (690 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 6, 2013

So I got to thinking. Say that the Mountain of Mortal Dragon or some other LoD stage became DLC. What would the accompanying Trophy be named? Assuming they made one at all.

Maybe something to do with the Divine Dragon?

P.S: This is actually my first post using the Vita. Not exactly easy to type.

Message 125 of 143 (666 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Ths is fantastic! 
I would actually buy the game today if they announced that Dart would be included!

Message 126 of 143 (644 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

LayneStorm wrote:

Ths is fantastic! 
I would actually buy the game today if they announced that Dart would be included!

If that's the case, have you signed the campaign to get him into the game?

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but I added a different 4th Outro, Dart's coup de grâce slash that he performs on defeated bosses. I combined his old 4th Outro with his 3rd (assume they're just sped up) and moved the names around a bit. This idea came from someone named eligram on another forum.

I also have a new section of miscellaneous gameplay info (split from the "Side Info" section). Some might notice I recycled a Losing Outro as his Stunned state (like when you fall off an edge or Hades hits you).

I also want to ask a serious question: Does anybody like that idea to have completed Additions drain AP? I'm thinking of getting rid of it.

Message 127 of 143 (625 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Dart as a character on PLASTATION ALL STARS- BATTLE ROYALE would be amazing!!!! i wish there was more games that could match up to LEGEND OF DRAGOON!

Message 128 of 143 (604 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

Alright, so I had thought: the PlayStationCircle.png cancel would more than likely become an even easier version of Dante's empty cancel no matter how much you tightened the timing on it. So I'm thinking that maybe I can continue to allow it to cancel, but it'll only be abled to be followed up with a  Quick Heavy Slash ( PlayStationCircle.png + PlayStationTriangle.png ) instead of being allowed to start a whole new Addition any time he wants. This would be the only means in his arsenal that causes an Eject Tornado on grounded opponents. It would also cause Dart to completely rely on his Additions to get AP, which is actually pretty accurate.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to think that having the Double Slash be its own move requiring the player to pause is kind of silly, since he can pretty-much use a functional Double Slash with PlayStationSquare.png PlayStationTriangle.png. It's not that different from Kratos' Plume of Prometheus, honestly.

So do these sound like good changes? If I don't get feedback on it, I'll just go ahead and edit these in.

Also, Woohoo, the 40-Kudos mark was reached.

Message 129 of 143 (575 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

I've gone and done it.

I've exceeded the character-limit for single posts.

I've just gone through a major update detailed in the OP. Dart can finally run forward, he can't drain AP with a finished Addition, he can't continue a new Addition from a cancel, the Double Slash is no longer a move, and the AP-values have been effectively overhauled.

The whole AP-draining finishers were a remnant of a time before I knew how the game actually plays, and it simply doesn't work with the way the game actually handles. It's an outdated idea.

As for the cancel ability, I found that wasn't really accurate to LoD, and as I said before, the ability to cancel any basic Addition only to start another one would end up becoming an easier and perhaps more powerful version of Dante's empty cancel no matter how much you tightened the timing on it.

I added so much that I needed to cut stuff out of the OP and make them into their own topics. You can see them here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Stage-Idea-The-Mountain-of-Morta...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Legend-of-Dragoon-Possible-Items...

I also got rid of that stuff for the Dart campaign, because I guess that time has passed. You can see it here instead: 

Spoiler

Paul Gale mentioned a little while ago that Dart was in consideration during the development process, as a part of the "highly considered" batch, and not many people made note of it since his info can sometimes be sketchy.

But Mike Edwards, a 3-D artist that worked on the game's character models (you can see his name in the credits hererecently revealed on his website a model he'd designed for Dart that was cancelled as a DLC inclusion. This lends quite a bit more weight to Paul's source.

dart_pose2.jpg

dart_Zbrush.jpg

It wasn't long before Mr. Edwards' website was mysteriously taken down, but his LinkedIn Profile is still up. You can read more about it here, or you can support the Dragon Campaign to get Dart into the game here.

This post right here is also going to be the new Solution, so I'll be quoting the old solution (with a few edits to keep it up to date).

Negimafan wrote:

Alright, so I haven't posted in a while, but I'm here to get down to the nitty gritty of just how he handles. Basically he's a lot like Heihachi meets Dante/Raiden with a bit of Spike and Nariko thrown in. Along with Raiden, he's the only character with a series of built-in combos in his repertoire (in fact, he has more than Raiden). Partially to help prevent opponents from escaping this Addition Finisher, most of the longer Additions have a kneel-stagger or butt-drop effect, so we don't end up having a repeat of Nariko's key poses. These can't be used for kill-confirming fyi, since the only way to end a combo is with PlayStationCircle.png (after which point Dart is basically stuck doing one of the cancelling options).

You most often want to be catching opponents in combos as your main means of AP-Gain. Closing the distance isn't always easy, so I made sure to give him an AP-move like Spirit Potion ( + PlayStationCircle.png) so that he has an option like that outside of his element. This is kind of Parappa-esque in a way.

Much like Spike's RC Satellite Laser, his items will only activate once they've hit the ground, which is good for balancing with how powerful they all are. Despite their strength, you won't be winning any ranged battles with them due to the short  throwing range and the fact that they take so long to activate and linger as long as they do. They should be treated more like traps rather than for staging an offensive. It's better than having no ranged options, right?

His main contrast is the complexity of his ground-game against the simplicity of his air-attacks, almost all of which work to knock enemies to the ground (Air + PlayStationSquare.png , + PlayStationSquare.png + PlayStationTriangle.png, and ⇓ + PlayStationTriangle.png all do this).  This gives him a Sir Dan quality of sorts.

The charged version of his Blazing Kick  + PlayStationTriangle.png attack works quite similarly to Heihachi's Wind Slicer. If tapped on the other hand, it can make an excellent Anti-Air. His Dynamo Drop ( + PlayStationTriangle.png) attack is like a reversed version of Spike's Stun Club Whirlwind. Both very effective at dropping aerial targets.

His Crush Dance spin ( + PlayStationTriangle.png,  PlayStationTriangle.png) will hit on both sides and activates faster than Heihachi's Demon Wings or Sweet Tooth's Chainsaw Slaughter, but it has less AP-Gain than those two moves. It's one of his few means of melee crowd-control, and you should want to spam it often in a pinch.

Cancelling (PlayStationCircle.png) will give you three or four major options: you can use a Quick Slash or Quick Heavy Slash (PlayStationCircle.png + (Fast) PlayStationSquare.png  and  PlayStationCircle.png + (Fast) PlayStationTriangle.png), dodge backward, or you can quickly toss one of your items (they'll prepare much quicker by doing this. Between these, Dart shouldn't be too worried if his Addition whiffs.

Overall he lacks much in the way of tricky set-ups. He's straight-forward enough to not need them.

I've probably said it before, but this is the best the move-set has ever looked.

Message 130 of 143 (551 Views)
0 Likes