Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Re: Movelist for Dart from Legend of Dragoon

Dec 12, 2012

i've been saying he should be in and he should rival with cloud. it'd be too perfect to pass up. you sir however done an amazing job. you have my respect

#ClownTroops
Message 41 of 143 (488 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Alright, so I haven't posted in a while, but I'm here to get down to the nitty gritty of just how he handles. Basically he's a lot like Heihachi meets Dante/Raiden with a bit of Spike thrown in. Along with Raiden, he's the only character with a series of built-in combos in his repertoire (in fact, he has more than Raiden). Partially to help prevent opponents from escaping this Addition Finisher, most of the longer Additions have a kneel-stagger or butt-drop effect, so we don't end up having a repeat of Nariko's key poses. These can't be used for kill-confirming fyi, since the only way to end a combo is with PlayStationCircle.png (after which point Dart is basically stuck doing one of the cancelling options I've detailed below).

You most often want to be catching opponents in combos as your main means of AP-Gain. He's not the most mobile character, so closing the distance isn't always easy; I made sure to give him an AP-move like Spirit Potion ( + PlayStationCircle.png) so he has an option like that outside of his element.

Much like Spike's RC Satellite Laser, his items will only activate once they've hit the ground, which is good for balancing with how powerful they all are (His Psych Bomb is much like a bigger version of Radec's Teslite Grenade). Despite their strength, you won't be winning any ranged battles with them due to the short  throwing range and the fact that they take so long to activate and linger as long as they do. They should be treated more like traps rather than for staging an offensive. It's better than having no ranged options, right?

His main contrast is the complexity of his ground-game against the simplicity of his air-attacks, almost all of which work to knock enemies to the ground (Air + PlayStationSquare.png , + PlayStationSquare.png + PlayStationTriangle.png, and ⇓ + PlayStationTriangle.png all do this).  This gives him a Sir Dan quality of sorts.

The charged version of his Blazing Kick  + PlayStationTriangle.png attack works quite similarly to Heihachi's Wind Slicer. If tapped on the other hand, it can make an excellent Anti-Air. His Dynamo Drop ( + PlayStationTriangle.png) attack is like a reversed version of Spike's Stun Club Whirlwind. Both very effective at dropping aerial targets.

His Crush Dance spin ( + PlayStationTriangle.png,  PlayStationTriangle.png) will hit on both sides and activates faster than Heihachi's Demon Wings or Sweet Tooth's Chainsaw Slaughter, but it has less AP-Gain than those two moves. It's one of his few means of melee crowd-control, and you should want to spam it often in a pinch.

Cancelling (PlayStationCircle.png) will give you three or four major options: you can use a Quick Slash or Quick Heavy Slash (PlayStationCircle.png + (Fast) PlayStationSquare.png  and  PlayStationCircle.png + (Fast) PlayStationTriangle.png), you can roll, block or Back Dash ( + PlayStationCross.png), or you can hold down to charge up a Gushing Magma (Hold Down PlayStationCircle.png). Between these, Dart shouldn't be too worried if his Addition whiffs.

His biggest weakness is his lack of a more direct forward-rushing attack besides maybe the Burning Rush, so the space between the tip of his sword and where his items land would be a massive danger to him. This is partially where Back Dash and Gushing Magma most usefully come in.

On that note, his Backdash ( + PlayStationCross.png) I could see being useful in canceling as well as for escapes. Enemies rushing at you will hopefully be running straight into a Moon Strike combo or if they don't, use the time to prepare a Burn Out ( or  + PlayStationCircle.png).

Overall he lacks much in the way of tricky set-ups. He's straight-forward enough to not need them.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 42 of 143 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I havent seen anyone post a moveset this well thought out yet, Im loving Dart right now! Please put up more Smiley Very Happy I made an Emmet moveset a little while ago and actually predicted his reload gimmick, it wasnt as good as any of urs but i tried lol
Message 43 of 143 (429 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

This my friend is why I shall love you! I really hope Dart becomes playable in this game this year! Here I thought I was the only LOD fan out there, they need to seriously remake that game and come out with sequels yo! Its one of the reasons why I fell in love with RPG games in the first place, and because of it I got into the FF series quite recently lol.

Message 44 of 143 (414 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Thanks for the compliments. I was thinking of adding individual AP scores and hit-reactions to the attacks like I did with Selvaria and Alicia. How would that go over?

I also figured out recently that Light Jak can fly around faster with the PlayStationCross.png button so I gave Dart the ability to do that as well.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 45 of 143 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

I think you have done a great job my friend...and i think if Superbot are listening to the fans its things like this that show true love for the characters we want.....oh and is the Selvaria Bless your 2 its really good.

i really like how you have done his supers

LVL 1

would work like Dantes LVL 1 but he would be moving forward instead of the super itself

LVL2

would work like Toros or Jaks LVL 2 i'm guessing with a dome blast effect

LVL3

i only saw the transformation in the link but i'm guessing it would be like Light Jak unless its a stage clear???

Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up.....
Playstation.......Makes Us Believe In The Make Believe.
Message 46 of 143 (403 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jan 13, 2013
o.o love it
Message 47 of 143 (401 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I wish they would put Dart in this game. Legend of the Dragoon is what got me into the jrpg genre and top top it off i just read they was gunna do a sequel to LOTD but it was canceled. So putting Dart in this game could possibly spark a interest in a remake/sequel. Could you imagine Final Fantasy 7(remake). Legend of the Dragoon(remake) ,and Final Fantasy versus 13 being released exclusively on the PS4 talking bought a system seller!! Those games could bring the jrpg genre back to its former glory.
Message 48 of 143 (388 Views)
Fender Bender
2689 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Personally, I'd make his L1 be Flame Shot and his L2 be Final Burst, both of which see him drop into dragoon for the attack then drop back out, and then his L3 be Divine Dragoon. Otherwise, this is a pretty good movelist.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 49 of 143 (369 Views)
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Dart and Yu Nurakami should be the next ones "D

Message 50 of 143 (365 Views)