Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 17 2013
By: BeigeMage Hekseville Citizen 308 posts

Move set sketches for Sora, Pyramid Head, Bayonetta, etc...

[ Edited ]
7 replies 1074 views Edited Feb 7, 2013

This is the first of a few ideas I flushed out for characters I'd love to see in Allstars. I know ownership and whatever else prevents any of these from being a reality but I had some fun ideas in my down time and thought I'd share. This first one's Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Sora.JPGIn order of left to right, top down:

ATTACKS

Generic sword combo

Reversal

Aeroga

Vortex

Sonic Blade

Firaga - Weak homing, Maybe triple shot

Twisting kind of slam

Ars Arcanum

Graviga - No damage but pulls stuff above him downward

Jump and slash

Strike Raid

Thundaga

Ragnarok - Charges just like in KH

GRABS - I couldn't see light hearted Sora ditching his key blade for an aggressive grapple. I think Stopga fits better.

Stops enemy and Goofy charges

Stops enemy and Donald blasts from above

Stops enemy and Mickey launches him from below. Also gives thumbs up for the lols.

SUPERS

Valor Form - I've since been informed that this form doesn't actually use telekinesis so just picture the blades in hand.

Wisdom Form - Shoot a few nonhoming blasts in a 90 dgr arc. It'd be powerful and close range but doge-able at a distance

Final Form - Pretty self explanatory. Since you probably can't read my hand writing it just acts pretty similar to Jak's lvl3.

NOTES

He should be able to glide by holding X.

Roxas should be an alternate costume.

It'd be cool if the key blade changed with which color scheme you choose.

I'd like to work in anti form some how but I haven't thought of anything. Thoughts?

I'll post more as I draw them.

P.S. I've never claimed to be an artist. :smileytongue:

Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Characters I wanna play

Jan 17, 2013

Next time at recess...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1,063 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: Move set sketches for characters I'd like to see

Jan 17, 2013

Next up: Red Pyramid from Silent Hill. Or Pyramid Head as he's better known. I can't believe there's been so little support for Silent Hill to make an appearance in some fashion. Here's what I came up with.

Pyramid Head.JPG

Same Order:

ATTACKS

Hilt Jab followed by head but

Signature over head swing

Summon the void from Downpour

Spear stab

Stab into enemy, turn, and toss

Slow menacing approach. Immune to any forced movement. e.g. flinching and explosions. Opponent still gets AP.

Heavy Fog - Turns enemies around as they run into it. Think, Mario's cape from SSB.

Portal Sword

Insect Swarm

Screech

Rip in Reality - The tear hangs open for a while.

Obscured Transit - Pretty much Spike's teleport but creepier.

GRABS - signature one armed choke

Simple lift and throw

Hold for doppelganger's cleave

Hold for doppelganger's skewer and toss

SUPERS - Endings

Mira's ending from Silent Hill 2 - dog runs forward... for blood!

UFO ending from nearly any SH - Flying saucer abducts enemies nearby and above.

The Bad Ending - Siren's, other side takes over, opponents dawn the PH helmet, can't move much, SH enemies all over.

NOTES

The Butcher and the Bogeyman would make great alt. costumes.

The other side would be a cool stage invasion.

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Number 3! Bayonetta... Honestly I was surprised I didn't think of her sooner. She's a perfect hit for this battle engine.

Bayonetta.JPG

ATTACKS

Repeated kicks. Hold to fire Scarborough Fair

Repeated slices. Hold to perform Iaijutsu

Breakdance - Fire's Scarborough Fair while spinning

Stiletto -  Hold to fire Onyx Rose

Swipe with Durga - Hold to set a bomb

Cartwheel forward while firing Scarborough Fair

High kick followed by heel stomp. Hold to fire Lt. Col. Kilgore into ground

Twirl with Odette leaving a short lived ring of ice that freezes upon contact

Umbran Portal Kick

Simultaneously stop and fire Onyx Rose straight up as sexily as possible

Witch Twist

Stationary backflips with Durga creating a fire wheel

Pull enemy up to you with Kulshedra followed by vaulting off of him

After Burner Kick

GRABS - Torture attacks

Kick into an iron maiden

Curb stomp followed by spanking

Lynching (or Guillotine. Either's good)

SUPERS - Infernal Demons

Gomorrah - Eats everyone adjacent or above. Maybe add a forward chomp if it proves too hard to use.

Hekatoncheir - Control his fists similar to a first person, shooting type super. Short duration. It's only LVL2

Queen Sheba - Strip down, do a sexy dance, and Sheba rises in the back ground to uber punch the stage. Guaranteed 3 kills

NOTES

Bayonetta's already so stylized it'd be a matter of copy/pasting alternate costumes and taunts.

The missile from Isla Del Sol would be a cool stage.

Give her Kat's wall standing abilities.

Like Sly, she doesn't block or evade... There I said it. I think it would be interesting to make her L1 the "beast within" button. She can become the panther to travel quickly, the crow to fly around, and if timed properly the bats to circumvent enemy AP gain and maybe counter.

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1579 posts

Jan 18, 2013
The only problem with your moveset for Sora is that he wouldn't have any Disney characters with him
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jan 18, 2013

If you meant that Disney characters wouldn't be on the field there with Sora, that's ok. Summoning objects and even people out of nowhere is well established already in the current roster.

If you meant that SB couldn't get the rights to Disney characters, you're probably right. But I won't let that hinder my fantasy!

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Here we have the mascot for Monster Hunter. I think she's only well known in Japan cause no one I've talked to knows her. But regardless, here's what I came up with!

Monster Hunter Girl.JPGThis order will have to be a bit different. I'll run through each weapon's square moves then proceed to the triangle column and so on.

ATTACKS

LANCE

Straight forward jab up to 3 times

Shield bash causes flinch and can be followed by downward over head swing

Simultaneous back step and tripping swing

Upward angle jab up to 3 times

BOWGUN

Pellet Shot - Quick spray of mid range, weak bullets

Pierce Shot - Long range bullet that travels through enemies. Note that it does not send them flying like Radec's sniper.

Lay down in stalking position to present smaller target. She can crawl slowly and fire as normal. Slopes will of course affect the bullets' trajectory.

Swing bowgun upward to toss enemies or follow up with the last type of bullet fired. (may change that to Crag Shot, which would work like a sticky grenade.

HAMMER

Downward slam up to 3 times

Charged Slam - Can walk at encumbered speed while charging.

Quick and powerful forward kick to drop the enemy. Low AP, used as a set up or combo filler.

Heavy golf swing to really send the enemy flying.

SWORD & SHIELD

Short combo followed by a full rotation slash hitting forward and behind.

Leaping downward slash causes heavy flinch. Can be followed by upward slash.

Health Flute - Gives some free AP to herself as well as anyone adjacent. Could be utilized well in 2v2.

Upward thrust which, upon contact, stick the enemy to the sword to be brought sharply down against a shield bash.

TRIANGLE

Cluster Shot - Switches to Bowgun and shoots 3 explosive shells at a distance determined by charge time. As in MH, she can be blown away too.

Lance Charge - Switches to Lance and runs full tilt forward. She stops at the first enemy and, if timed properly, can follow up with a thrusting upward jab, similar in motion to Big Daddy's up Triangle.

Whirlwind - Switches to Hammer and swings it around continuously for a duration determined by charge time. She can move forward and backwards slowly, during.

Bounce Bomb+ - Switches to S&S and lays a bomb that will rocket upwards and explode. It can be aimed within a small arc in the instant before firing.

CIRCLE

Dung Bomb - breaks a capsule that releases a lingering noxious gas that nets AP from enemies in it.

Flash Bomb - tosses a bottle that flares a short distance away from her. Nearby enemies that are facing it and not guarding will be stunned. (maybe confused, depending on how it plays)

Pit Fall Trap - Think Big Daddy's ice, except it drops enemies down, stays planted indefinitely, can't be used in the air, and takes longer to set.

Tranq Bomb - Using the same animation as the flash bomb to keep opponents guessing, this will only burst on contact, can't be blocked and has no splash zone. As in MH, the likely hood of an opponent being put to sleep starts low and increases with every successful bomb.

Sonic Bomb - Blasts enemies below with noise, causing heavy flinching.

GRABS - Ankle kick can be done with any weapon and sets up the grab

Leaping tackle

Carve - Gives AP directly to her

Big toss followed by boomerang

SUPERS

Large Bomb+ - Lays a huge barrel bomb on the field which stays in place acting like a deadly mine.

Felvine Bomb - Detonates a bomb filled with basically catnip. Each player caught in the blast will trail the scent behind them, and will be stalked by a cat with a bomb till they blow up. The blast can of course kill any enemy not just the one for whom it was intended.

Full Party! - She emits a signal "ping" that calls 3 other hunters onto the stage. They each play like Kuma the bear.

NOTES

Color changes and taunts/intro/outro are a simple matter for MH

Alt costumes could include other gender

A wyvern from MH would make a great stage invasion

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Here's something that might not work out but I was inspired! This is Cecilia Adlehyde from Wild Arms (or Wild Arms ACF) She's the mage of the group and since Allstars is short on magic and women I wanted to see if I could make her fit. As usual, explinations are below.

Cecilia Adlehyde.JPG

ATTACKS

SQUARE

Earth - extrudes a bit of ground that knocks enemies back and give a raised platform from which to cast spells more safely.

Ice - Cold wind gives AP, slows enemies and returns projectiles. Does not cause any flinch but will freeze enemies if they stay in it long enough.

Blast - Simple explosion that hurls enemies away

Fire - Fire erupts from the Necronomicon

TRIANGLE (here's where it starts getting fun/OP)

Randomizer - Guide an area of effect to cast a random ailment on enemies. In decreasing likelihood they are: Confusion, Poison, Sleep, Slow, Paralysis, Berserk (2X AP gain but can't block or dodge), Regen. Duration of ailment based on charge time

Valkerie - Sprays all 7 elements from the game. Accuracy based on charge time

Thunder - Creates a cloud that emits lightning at random. Duration based on charge time

Vortex - Creates a tornado that travels back and forth. Duration based on charge time

Chain Lightning - Because it's cool

CIRCLE

Regen - Steadily gain AP without hindering your ability to fight as normal. Duration based on charge time.

Haste+Invisibility - Greatly increases speed and turn you invisible (obviously). Duration based on charge time. Spell breaks upon attacking.

Life Guard - If active when killed she will not not explode and respawn. The enemy will still get the kill but she will be unaffected.

Lock State - While active she cannot be affected by status altering attacks or items.

GRABS

Bomb - Opponent is tossed and explodes away.

Shrink - Shrink opponent and stomp them

Drain - Levitate opponent and suck the AP out of them directly.

SUPERS

Sea Rune - Summon Lucadia who creates a tidal wave behind her and moves forward. Only 1 or 2 characters tall and shrinks as it progresses.

Desire Run - Summon Luceid who blankets the top of the stage in clouds that rain giant swords. Lasts no longer than respawn.

Saint Rune - Summon Ione Paua who instantly kills all three enemies and grants Cecilia all her circle button buffs.

NOTES

She teleports instead of rolls

Alternate costumes would include her appearance from later in the game.

Temple of Memory would make a good stage.

Golems would make a good stage invasion.

Can turn items into AP instead of using them. This is called Mystic in Wild Arms.

0 Likes