I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Re: More than 20 characters? (Recent Omar Kendall Interview on question of unlockables)

Oct 22, 2012

THERE IS NO  MORE THAN 20 characters!!!

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 21 of 47 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Re: More than 20 characters? (Recent Omar Kendall Interview on question of unlockables)

Oct 22, 2012

Cool beans Sniperwolf. Thanks for letting us know. Also, it's great to see you as always.

Message 22 of 47 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 22, 2012
He's clearly referring to unlockable intros outros etc... Not extra characters
Message 23 of 47 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Now, there's always a possibility of unlockable characters, note I said POSSIBILITY, but they've said that none of the starting characters are locked, so it'd have to be characters that aren't revealed. Nothing builds hype like the knowledge that somewhere on that disc is someone special, that the developers had to keep secret from the PR.

Again, I'm not saying that there ARE unlockable characters. On the flip side of the above statement, locked characters in fighting games, Capcom (with the Street Fighter X Tekken fiasco) and Smash (because they're nintendo and can get away with it) are quickly becoming a thing of the past, so the idea of unlockable characters is, statistically speaking, unlikely.

As much as I love Crash and would like to see him in the game, I know it's nigh-on impossible outside of DLC, but I'd like to see SuperBot toy with us and make him unlockable, along with other highly-requested characters like Wander or Ico or something like that. But I know it's unlikely.

I'm hyped up for costumes, and minions sound hilarious (playing as Kessler!Cole and having little Zeke float around me is awesome), but a part of me still holds out hope for locked characters ALA Smash.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 24 of 47 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Nothing new here, he's obviously referring to costumes and minions. The interview was quite good though, one of the better ones that I've read.
Message 25 of 47 (193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Could minions and intros really provide the amount of depth he's refferencing? Lets think for a moment. 

Situation A: There are indeed hidden charecters being cleverly hinted at. 

Situation B: There are only 20 charecters but each one has a vast horde of unlockables  making each charecter you main a single player campaign in and of itself. 

Either way I have put my $60 in good hands and trust superbots discisions. 

Message 26 of 47 (188 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Re: More than 20 characters (Recent Omar Kendall Interview on question of unlockables)

Oct 22, 2012

jordan_js wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

this isnt refering to more characters for gods sake his the unlock screen where we unlock costumes minions intros outros  belts and other stuff  Omar already confirmed there are no unlockable characters so much denial on this forum geesh

So much negativity on this forum.Geesh.

Sorry the truth hurts...?

Message 27 of 47 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Yeah I don't think he's necessarily referring to other characters, just other ways of exploring and representing IPs in the game through unlockables.

Message 28 of 47 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 22, 2012
This^

Message 29 of 47 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Probably via bonus movies, hidden items
( maybe collectibles like SSBM trophied ), character/prop bios, concept art, etc...
Message 30 of 47 (122 Views)
0 Likes