Oct 22 2012
By: SENAItheGUY First Son 10 posts

More than 20 characters? (Recent Omar Kendall Interview on question of unlockables)

[ Edited ]
46 replies 1511 views Edited Oct 22, 2012

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3249354

"AusGamers: Obviously the other big component to a game like this, is unlockables .Obviously there’s got to be a few big surprises packed in there that people aren’t aware of yet. What sort of level of fandom can fans expect from what’s going to be hidden within the game? 

Omar: I think there’s a surprising amount. We have our basic roster of characters, and we have our levels, and those have a certain voice in terms of the celebration that I mentioned, and referencing different IP. Then we have our unlockables. We have what we call a progression system, where anything that you do in the game, has a reward mechanism associated to it, almost like an RPG where you’re levelling up, and as you level up, you get different rewards. 

It’s in those rewards where we’re able to do really deep dives into various IP, and even focus on different worlds and Universes that may not be represented with a character or a level. It really helps us to reinforce that concept that concept of being a real celebration of the vast PlayStation history --not just saying “we’re going to stop at these twenty characters”, we’re actually going to go as far as we can, and do as thorough a deep dive as possible, into the entire PlayStation history. "

Message 1 of 47 (1,511 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: More than 20 characters (Recent Omar Kendall Interview on question of unlockables)

Oct 22, 2012

Minions.

Message 2 of 47 (1,505 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Re: More than 20 characters (Recent Omar Kendall Interview on question of unlockables)

Oct 22, 2012

Omar: I think there’s a surprising amount. We have our basic roster of characters, and we have our levels, and those have a certain voice in terms of the celebration that I mentioned, and referencing different IP. Then we have our unlockables. We have what we call a progression system, where anything that you do in the game, has a reward mechanism associated to it, almost like an RPG where you’re levelling up, and as you level up, you get different rewards. 

Let the speculation begin! Smiley Very Happy

Ratchet beats the crap out of Jak 21/11/12
Message 3 of 47 (1,479 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Hopefully they are hiding some more characters in the game
Message 4 of 47 (1,472 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 22, 2012
not just saying “we’re going to stop at these twenty characters”, we’re actually going to go as far as we can, and do as thorough a deep dive as possible, into the entire PlayStation history.

Lol, this is confirmation of 20 characters. If you don't really understand what he means by this don't worry, but trust me I promise you. He's saying we are doing more than just the 20 characters, we are having minions, intros and outros, items, stages, etc that represent even more ips

Message 5 of 47 (1,451 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Oct 22, 2012
oh when you put it that and after re-reading it i agree with you. how about the comment abut basic characters though?
Message 6 of 47 (1,440 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 22, 2012

I'm going to also assume he's referring to DLC, which we all already knew about.

Message 7 of 47 (1,436 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 22, 2012
"our basic roster of characters" are referring to the 20 characters, but using the word basic to imply that there are other things, as he talks about in the next few things he says. the unlocks

and no he's not referring to dlc , he's talking about ondisk content

Message 8 of 47 (1,395 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Nothing new here I guess, just more interpreting on whether or not there are hidden characters or later reveals when he stated that 20 is it. Been there done that.

Message 9 of 47 (1,374 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 22, 2012

this isnt refering to more characters for gods sake his the unlock screen where we unlock costumes minions intros outros  belts and other stuff  Omar already confirmed there are no unlockable characters so much denial on this forum geesh

Message 10 of 47 (1,366 Views)