Sep 23 2012
By: Renegade_TX2000 Hekseville Citizen 377 posts

More exploits of beta. Well kinda...

9 replies 198 views Edited Sep 23, 2012

Found some new tactics mostly for 1v1  and 2v2 check this out

It seems like if a character can stun you, put you in the "crumple" like state where you fall to your knees you can land your super 1.

Kratos can put you in a helpless state, His counter does it very Well and you have time to actually walk up full screen and just use super 1.

Fat princess can also do it, her butt slam she does in the air, she can also land free super.

Colonel radec can COMBO into it a llittle More difficult but would get easier with a training room. He can use up triangle or Up Circle forgot which one but he throws that electricity ball, Well anyways if they get hit by it they are stuck in the air for a couple seconds and you can land your super 1.

Parappa I haven't played at all.

That's what I Found so far but it seems like every character should have some type of move where they can combo into it or put opponents in a crumpled like state.

The tiers I think will be determined is in how the character lands their super...

1. how it's combo'd into guaranteed hit if you set it up a certain way... "kratos counter into super 1".

2. How they manage their super.

3. not relying on super 2 to get kills. "lol sir dan".

So far kratos looking insane his counter is projectile bait. Kratos will be raping everything with a projectile. Never in your life shoot a projectile at kratos cause he'll counter and land super 1 for free everytime. If he doesn't have super he gets in for free and can land a combo.

Kratos is dumb, i mean that golden fleece he has is dumb. lol It's a projectile counter AND physical counter, how broken do you want to be kratos? holy hell. Dthrow if they roll forward you get a free square combo follow up. YOU KNOCK THEM in the air you do a couple slashes in the air and you spike them down and you CAN FREAKING TECH CHASE THEM AGAIN. LOL kratos... I hate you, i'm maining kratos he's screaming viable top tier material.

in 2v2's I think this game will be balanced. 1v1's there will be OBVIOUS tier placements

Message 1 of 10 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: More exploits of beta. Well kinda...

Sep 23, 2012

I actually keep forgetting Kratos can blind people.

Message 2 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 23, 2012
yea he can blind into super 1. I forgot about that I just never use it cause of counter =d
Message 3 of 10 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Renegade_TX2000 wrote:
yea he can blind into super 1. I forgot about that I just never use it cause of counter =d

Oh, using that would be easier than countering.  The one character I want to play most is Dante though, his style imo looks the most interesting.  That and I'll get him right away having played more than enough DMC.

Message 4 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

Yea I was just thinking about dante, it seems like he'll be able to cancel into super =d But I think it'd look gimmicky. I see Dante as the new dudley from ssf4/3rd strike. Getting in and staying in doing tricks and mindgames.

naw I think kratos blind move has to be near fully charged to land super 1. It won't land if you just tap it you gotta charge it.

Message 5 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Renegade_TX2000 wrote:

Yea I was just thinking about dante, it seems like he'll be able to cancel into super =d But I think it'd look gimmicky. I see Dante as the new dudley from ssf4/3rd strike. Getting in and staying in doing tricks and mindgames.

naw I think kratos blind move has to be near fully charged to land super 1. It won't land if you just tap it you gotta charge it.

I never been good without being able to do combos and play mindgames.  I've always been a very heavy combo player but the characters I normally play aren't that great at mind games.  Since Dante is great at combos and would be good at mindgames I'll get both I need with him.

Also, I haven't done enough expiermenting with Kratos to really know.

Message 6 of 10 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 23, 2012
well i'm off to bed. add me,

Renegade_TX2000

If you have beta we should play. same team*
Message 7 of 10 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Alright and that sounds good

Message 8 of 10 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 23, 2012

I actually think the tiers will be determinant (for the most part) of each character's mobility and ability to zone (in Parrappa's case, his AP generating boom box). Mobility will allow characters to manuever around the stage quickly enough to avoid supers, and a strong ability to zone and generate meter from a distance means not putting oneself at risk after the opponent has gained enough meter to be a threat. Securing a meter advantage will probably be key in 1v1 matchups. From what I've seen, each character has extraordinary mobility and/or zoning options except for Big Daddy and Sir Daniel Fortesque. There appears to be remedies for Big Daddy and Sir Daniel Fortesque in that they both generate meter mad fast with their attacks, I once heard that Big Daddy has "juggernaut" armor similar to Marvel vs Capcom, and Sir Daniel Fortesque can summon a shield that can absorb projectiles and possibly weak attacks as long as long as his shield is infront of him.

Message 9 of 10 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 23, 2012
Yeah of course these aren't exploits this is the tactic of how to use level1 supers. otherwise they can see your level 1 coming!
so i aways do crumple > super.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 10 of 10 (65 Views)
0 Likes